Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Aug 2024, 09:38 (Ref:4224150)   #1
RAP
Racer

RAP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Revival

The timetable is on the web site.
Surely there is somethings wrong ?

Saturday
Nothing on track between 13.50 Surtees Tribute & 15.25 Madgwick Cup ?

Sunday
14.30 Tourist Trophy
15.00 Glover Trophy !! (presumably should be 16.00)

17.10 St Mary's Part 2
17.30 F March

Are sloppy or am I getting confused ?
Old 28 Aug 2024, 09:55 (Ref:4224154)   #2
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that we might have to wait until BARC releases the timetable; it currently says "Coming Soon" on their website.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 12:06 (Ref:4224171)   #3
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the timetable on the Goodwood site is reasonably accurate: every race and practice session is included across the three days, and the time gaps are consistent with the length of races/sessions that one might expect. I'm guessing some of the gaps are intended as a safety net in case of delays (I do wonder if there may be some live coverage on ITV4 - TV would normally dictate that there is no track action whilst doing the intro stuff to avoid too much noise/disturbance).

Last edited by kipper; 28 Aug 2024 at 12:12.
Old 28 Aug 2024, 13:05 (Ref:4224173)   #4
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The timetable on the competitor's website shows
Saturday
14:30 Race 5 St Mary's Trophy part 1
Sunday
14:30 RAC TT
15:55 Glover Trophy
Regards
Stuart
Old 28 Aug 2024, 16:44 (Ref:4224200)   #5
RAP
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
The timetable on the competitor's website shows
Saturday
14:30 Race 5 St Mary's Trophy part 1
Sunday
14:30 RAC TT
15:55 Glover Trophy
Regards
Stuart
That makes more sense, thanks
Old 2 Sep 2024, 08:21 (Ref:4225204)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The final page of this document provides a 'stripped-back' timetable covering the timings of the track action:

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...s-2024-v3-.pdf
Old 2 Sep 2024, 18:43 (Ref:4225277)   #7
RAP
Racer

Thanks for this.
Old 3 Sep 2024, 11:21 (Ref:4225318)   #8
eigger
Rookie

eigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grideigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
official race entry list is now published on GW website
https://www.goodwood.com/globalasset...03.09.24-2.pdf
Old 3 Sep 2024, 17:19 (Ref:4225365)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder what caused the Duke to post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhZXh_kK-c
Old 3 Sep 2024, 17:42 (Ref:4225367)   #10
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Be good or you will be expelled … it’s sounds like school !
Old 3 Sep 2024, 20:20 (Ref:4225369)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Quite obvious that the Goodwood "Specials" were/are getting out of hand; way beyond the spirit of the cars of yore. It was notable that in the past couple of years, a certain individual's cars have not been present at Goodwood, possibly because their engineering really didn't match that of more genuine cars of that era.

Apparently, one competitor at a previous meeting felt that another person's car didn't meet the rules, and was persuaded by others not to protest that car. That would lead to anarchy for those wishing to win at all cost, and that really should not be the ethos behind historic racing. Let's leave that to F1!
Old 4 Sep 2024, 11:46 (Ref:4225404)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The key phrase to me was "pace of development.." Is it within the ethos of historic racing for there to be development let alone at a pace?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Sep 2024, 14:21 (Ref:4225419)   #13
markhoble
Rookie

markhoble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see if anyone is made an example. However, the kudos that the blessed Goodwood has created in the motorsport community is also its weakness and leads to over competitive behaviour in all its forms. Some people will crawl over broken glass to be on the Goodwood grid thinking that it actually matters. It doesn't. It's an average circuit. Give me Spa and no crowds any day of the week.

Mind you the Youtube feed is good so I can watch from home without having to dress up like an extra from Dad's Army.
Old 4 Sep 2024, 17:50 (Ref:4225450)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Be good or you will be expelled … it’s sounds like school !
I think he picked the wrong funghi from the farm shop.

Asking people to shut the gate he tore off and burnt 12+ years ago is laughable.
Old 4 Sep 2024, 18:28 (Ref:4225455)   #15
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Asking people to shut the gate he tore off and burnt 12+ years ago is laughable.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Sep 2024, 15:17 (Ref:4225502)   #16
v jones
Rookie

v jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is that 'Goodwood Specials' are ok for other races ,Masters,Gold Cup, Silverstone Festival etc. Whats the difference? These are raced more than once a year?
Old 5 Sep 2024, 17:32 (Ref:4225507)   #17
eigger
Rookie

eigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grideigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Youtube seems an odd choice of medium by which to send such a message. I presume Entrants were sent this message directly. I hope they got it in time - it would be disappointing if grids were reduced because entrants felt the need to withdraw their cars this week.
Old 5 Sep 2024, 19:09 (Ref:4225515)   #18
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigger View Post
Youtube seems an odd choice of medium by which to send such a message. I presume Entrants were sent this message directly. I hope they got it in time - it would be disappointing if grids were reduced because entrants felt the need to withdraw their cars this week.
Or would it be good to see which people had to withdraw so not to be caught with the illegal car they planned to enter so everyone else knew who to look out for at other meetings?
Old 5 Sep 2024, 19:26 (Ref:4225520)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigger View Post
This has never happened, has it? We've seen a few pretty special cars that make 70's Modsports look like district nurse runabouts. Including district nurse runabaouts that blow MOdsports into the weeds!

The problem is, if you kick certain Cars out, you also kick out significant investment and 'draw' from 'professional racers' engineers, drivers, prep teams and the corporates that utilise their services . . .etc etc etc.

regardless of an optimistic or cynical outlook ( I flit between the two) something needs to be done before the golden goose is triple fried crisp n dry!

I'm looking forward to a casual day out this weekend, and relieved I'm no longer involved in the industry!
Old 6 Sep 2024, 05:34 (Ref:4225542)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Be good to see you Joe . We are out the back with 500 cars near the motor bikes
Old 6 Sep 2024, 12:10 (Ref:4225554)   #21
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think the duke may be a little late to his own party!!

And to issue such a message just a few days before this years event is a bit late - I wonder if there will have been a few late nights to reverse some, er, “developments”?!
Old 6 Sep 2024, 12:52 (Ref:4225555)   #22
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just got back in from doing the Tesco shop in blazing sunshine, and logged onto the livestream to see Madgwick Cup practice in the rain......how odd
Old 6 Sep 2024, 13:06 (Ref:4225556)   #23
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Good heavens there's some bravery in the wet in these Can-am cars!
Old 6 Sep 2024, 13:48 (Ref:4225557)   #24
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Good heavens there's some bravery in the wet in these Can-am cars!

And just to show what a leveller rain can be, the pole sitter's time, and he really was trying his damnedest, was about 3 seconds slower than Buncombe's pole time in the Mini Cooper S.
Old 6 Sep 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4225559)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
And the 500cc pole-sitter is only about 10 seconds slower than the Can-ams!