Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Jul 2015, 14:30 (Ref:3556493)   #1
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Classic BBQ

As usual Iain Rowley will be holding a BBQ for marshals on the Friday evening of the Classic. Food and beer is provided by drivers. Bauble will be along to hold his raffle and try to arrange a quiz.

All marshals are welcome, this is a free event laid on by drivers for marshals.

A big thank you as always to Iain and all who donate towards this.
Old 8 Jul 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3556746)   #2
Brother Grim
Rookie

Brother Grim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where abouts is this being held, we are hoping to arrive Friday late afternoon
Old 8 Jul 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3556800)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
As usual Iain Rowley will be holding a BBQ for marshals on the Friday evening of the Classic. Food and beer is provided by drivers. Bauble will be along to hold his raffle and try to arrange a quiz.

All marshals are welcome, this is a free event laid on by drivers for marshals.

A big thank you as always to Iain and all who donate towards this.
How many times must I say it? It is NOT a barbecue, it is a Social Evening.

A quiz, a raffle, a little light refreshment. Silverstone's Caterers might want to provide the victuals if it WAS a barbecue, and that would cost!!

Still it is all free and supplied by many of the drivers under the leadership of Delta, and all marshals are welcome, as long as they behave themselves.*

*This clause might well rule out certain people ..... nameless people.
Old 8 Jul 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3556865)   #4
Fubar Andy
Rookie

United Nations
North West
Fubar Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Grim View Post
where abouts is this being held
What he said....
Old 9 Jul 2015, 05:29 (Ref:3556916)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
'Old Paddock' next Delta's truck, look for smoke signals and a sea of orange.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 10:41 (Ref:3556956)   #6
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A nice gesture. And appreciated. Alas, I will have my family with me so it'll be a BBQ/social evening on the campsite for us. We too though will send smoke signals
Old 9 Jul 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3556975)   #7
Alan Crook
Veteran

Normally in the old paddock in the area where the Porsches were based for the GP or if you are a little older the old GP2 paddock.

Once Iain has advised where he is parked we will let you know.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3557004)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
A nice gesture. And appreciated. Alas, I will have my family with me so it'll be a BBQ/social evening on the campsite for us. We too though will send smoke signals
I am sure that you and the family would be welcome to attend.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3557066)   #9
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poultry Marshals social @ the Classic

Once again, totally generous offer from Delta and his associates, friends, co-conspirators to look after us at the Classic. Always great to catch up, swap news, gossip over a burger & a beer!
Oh and a chance to out-nerd Bauble, love the challenge.
My grateful thanks to all, looking forward to seeing you all again, and 50 years of Chevron, my cup runneth over!!!
Old 10 Jul 2015, 06:08 (Ref:3557212)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Lest anyone should be put off attending because of the quiz,;

it will take the same format as last year; You pay a £1.0 for a sheet of 30 questions, which can then be answered (or not) during the course of the evening at one's leisure, either as a team or as an individual, whatever suits you. There is no compulsion to take part if one prefers to spend the time eating/drinking/chatting ............ sleeping.
Answers will be called out when everyone is too tiddly to argue with the Quizmaster over the result. There will probably be a prize for the winner(s).
It is all a bit of fun and a chance to make Broadbean look silly.

Along with the raffle ALL money raised will be used for the benefit of marshals as last year.

If you have not been before it is a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere with a chance to chat to any drivers (or even Media types) lurking about, and other marshals.

Look forward to see you all there.

Bauble. Junior, temporary, part-time, deputy understudy to Delta to whom all praise be given.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3557399)   #11
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha, I don't need anyones help to look silly, had years of practice already. I just turn up dressed in orange and everyone falls about laughing!!!
Old 13 Jul 2015, 07:26 (Ref:3558120)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Message to Wooley;

Please note title of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 Jul 2015, 11:34 (Ref:3558170)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Message to Wooley;

Please note title of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you. Now changed to something differently inappropriate.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3558200)   #14
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
always used to be told to head towards the Cornish flag - had to work hard (well, google it) the first time
Old 13 Jul 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3558202)   #15
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Another example of Wooly thinking.

Don't blame when you have to pay to attend, and find your burger costing you £6.50.

No sympathy from me mate.

Bauble.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3558204)   #16
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have contributed a bit to Ians fund
ill also attend with a bottle or two of my favorite red, so if you are into Bordeaux, try to score some of me...

R.E.

Last edited by Rudernst; 13 Jul 2015 at 14:12.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 20:04 (Ref:3558309)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Another example of Wooly thinking.

Don't blame when you have to pay to attend, and find your burger costing you £6.50.

No sympathy from me mate.

Bauble.
It's a meeting I never do anyway... Mind, with some of the caterers I think we're lucky not to be charged corkage on the stuff we cook for ourselves!

Now changed properly, I was just being naughty.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 05:28 (Ref:3558399)   #18
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
It's a meeting I never do anyway... Mind, with some of the caterers I think we're lucky not to be charged corkage on the stuff we cook for ourselves!

Now changed properly, I was just being naughty.
More beer for those who do then.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3558572)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
That's exactly my reasoning, you read my mind
Old 14 Jul 2015, 20:05 (Ref:3558595)   #20
Alan Crook
Veteran

Quote:
Before changing the title of the thread it would be nice if the poster was consulted, we have now been running this for many years under the banner of Silverstone Classic BBQ. I am fully aware of the issues and advised Bauble why we tried to only advise people by word of mouth and not fully publicise the BBQ. This started out as a 10 Tenths BBQ many years ago. Woolley please change the title back to original.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 23:07 (Ref:3558640)   #21
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 15 Jul 2015, 06:39 (Ref:3558689)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Alan please accept my apologies for urging a change of title without consulting yourself.

Bob.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3558752)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
Before changing the title of the thread it would be nice if the poster was consulted, we have now been running this for many years under the banner of Silverstone Classic BBQ. I am fully aware of the issues and advised Bauble why we tried to only advise people by word of mouth and not fully publicise the BBQ. This started out as a 10 Tenths BBQ many years ago. Woolley please change the title back to original.
Ok, sorry, and change done. As you were.
Old 16 Jul 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3558957)   #24
yellowspanner
Racer

Wales
Dorset
yellowspanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will it be acceptable to bring my 14 year old son? Whilst he is almost house trained, prefers sports cars to F1 and is used to marshal type banter he will undoubtedly eat his entire body weight in burgers/sausages if permitted. Didn't turn up last year as I felt it wrong to impose him on the group.
Old 16 Jul 2015, 13:19 (Ref:3558963)   #25
Alan Crook
Veteran

Hi yellowspanner this should not be a problem bring him along, just make sure he leaves enough beer for the marshals !!!!