Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Feb 2003, 14:55 (Ref:498529)   #1
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will we ever see Burti again??

Well, there are 500 threads that talk about Massa being Ferrari's new #2 tester, but what about the guy he's replacing? Does anyone think we will see Burti again? What do you think of his performance vs. Badoer on the test track? Is he as good as he was before his crash in Spa?? Have I asked enough questions for you???
Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:22 (Ref:498543)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Well, in today's Gazzetta, he had this to say:
Il contratto con la squadra era valido anche per il 2003, ma ho chiesto al team di lasciarmi libero per quest'anno, pur tenendo i contatti per eventuali future occasioni in Ferrari-Maseratiā€.

The contract with the team was valid even for 2003, but I asked the team to leave me free for this year, but keep contacts for future opportunities in Ferrari-Maserati.
-----------------------

He apparently *asked* to be replaced, and will race in another series this year. So yes, we will see him again, but probably not in F1.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:25 (Ref:498548)   #3
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
Hmmm, that's interesting that it was he who asked to be released. Actually, I find that a brave step for him to make!
Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:45 (Ref:498574)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe he knows that he has a contract for something else (ChampCars?) in his pocket, and doesn't want to do a Gene / Wurz / Sarrazin and disappear from view.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 15:51 (Ref:498579)   #5
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
Good point, Boots. I just asked the CART forum what they think about that possibility...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 00:49 (Ref:499030)   #6
Mr Hahn
Racer

Mr Hahn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard his name in connection with a World Series drive, but would you ASK to leave a Ferrari test seat for that? Whatever it is must be a very attractive offer.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 01:53 (Ref:499058)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Maybe Ferrari made him an offer he could not refuse to ask to be released from his contract. Ferrari were in a bind as Massa had a contract with Ferrari which guaranteed him the opportunity to drive F1 cars. So if Sauber let him go, and Jordan didn't take him on, then Ferrari had to take him on.

My gut feeling is that we won't see Nicholas Burti in F1 again and certainly not in a racing role, not because he is not good enough, but because there simply are not enough seats to go around. F1 desperately needs another 3 "privateer" teams to make up the positions for the drivers available.

And let's forget all the BS about pay drivers who should not be in F1. These guys are good enough to be in F1, all of them this year.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 7 Feb 2003 at 01:58.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 09:59 (Ref:499203)   #8
Extra Rib
Rookie

Extra Rib should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's Nicholas Burti - Luciano definately deserves a drive. He's one of the most professional drivers in work ethic and personality.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 10:44 (Ref:499235)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Sorry for getting his name wrong. I still think we have seen the last of Burti in F1. What do you think?
Old 7 Feb 2003, 10:48 (Ref:499238)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If we ever see Burti again, it will be with the tale end charlies.....a la Verstappen.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 12:31 (Ref:499351)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he may move on to another series , i know in 2001 he was hanging around the Champ Car Paddock at Rockingham with his old Pal Max Wilson.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 12:52 (Ref:499379)   #12
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Hahn
I have heard his name in connection with a World Series drive, but would you ASK to leave a Ferrari test seat for that?
On the other hand, I really can't see how somebody who enjoys motor racing could be happy being a test driver. Are people like Wurz (and Burti) really happy testing tyres, etc. or are they just hanging around in the hope that they'll eventually get a race seat?
Old 7 Feb 2003, 13:58 (Ref:499497)   #13
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Testure
[BAre people like Wurz (and Burti) really happy testing tyres, etc. or are they just hanging around in the hope that they'll eventually get a race seat? [/B]
i agree ..........these guys are Racers for heavens sake.....they must juts be holding out hoping for the big break.......
Old 7 Feb 2003, 20:47 (Ref:499884)   #14
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gene will be in TWS this year, and all european based f3000 graduates and f1 rejects with a chance of going back should be.
The Americans say you can't go back home. For these drivers their chance is taking both the TWS and CWS titles(IMO)
Old 7 Feb 2003, 23:30 (Ref:500111)   #15
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Extra Rib
Who's Nicholas Burti - Luciano definately deserves a drive. He's one of the most professional drivers in work ethic and personality.
Who cares about personality and work ethics when he's too bloody slow?

Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 7 Feb 2003 at 23:30.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 23:47 (Ref:500127)   #16
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Thank you Mr Burti and goodbye,don't phone us,we will call you if we need you.