Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 18 Sep 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1100459)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Canon 10D's first thoughts

Well as you may have read I have finally got my Canon 10D. So before I head off to Donnington for the BTCC next weekend I thought I better get some practice in, so I headed up to Harewood Hill for some hillclimbing and to get some practice in too.

I have to say that I am very very impressed with my new peace of kit and it 100 times better than my Fuji S602.

I am very happy with the results from my first day out with it. Now I have uploaded some shots and you can find them here thoughts would be very very welcome, I think they have turned ok just need someone else with more experience to have a look and tell me if I am doing things right or not.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1100636)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done indeed Rob. I'm still very pleased with mine. Actually, I'm still editing my Le Mans pics - three months after the event - not exactly speedy! But I'm really pleased with some of the night shots I got.

BTW, if you're thinking of buying any more CF cards, try 7-day shop first..... - very cheap at the moment.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1100637)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW, all those shots looks pretty good to me.....
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:40 (Ref:1100653)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
On the shots that have been panned, you might want to use a faster shutter speed, say .125sec so the car is not quite so blurred, IMO.
Good pics though
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:59 (Ref:1100667)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
BTW, if you're thinking of buying any more CF cards, try 7-day shop first..... - very cheap at the moment.
Been there done that already and I have also picked up spare battary for £15 too.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1101046)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by falcemob
On the shots that have been panned, you might want to use a faster shutter speed, say .125sec so the car is not quite so blurred, IMO.
Good pics though

I always reckon 125 is about right for panning - you just have to get the focus and depth of field right. Use too much more and you'll freeze the wheels, making it look like the car is parked. You can of course go slow and (if you get it right, which isn't easy), you can get some stunning panning effects.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 14:01 (Ref:1101048)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Been there done that already and I have also picked up spare battary for £15 too.

Yeh, I bought two when I first got mine, and I swear they last half as long again as Canon's £50 version........
Old 19 Sep 2004, 18:27 (Ref:1101258)   #8
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They definitely last longer - I bought one a few weeks after throwing £50 at a "pukker" one from Jessops!! D`OH!!!
Old 19 Sep 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1101280)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Canon originals are 1100mAh, 7-day replacements are 1200 or 1300mAh so they will last longer, although half as much again is a tad optimistic.