Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2003, 23:54 (Ref:461747)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nippon test dates Unveiled

Three two-day Formula Nippon tests have been announced for early 2003, as teams prepare for the first season with the new spec Lola B3/51 chassis.

The first test will take place on February 15th and 16th at Mine, with Fuji being used on March 1st and 2nd, and Suzuka on March 6th and 7th.

Sounds good to me, I wonder how much faster the car is over this years cars..
Old 2 Jan 2003, 15:32 (Ref:462106)   #2
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might like to acknowledge that the first two paragraphs are lifted directly from www.formula-3000.net and subject to copyright.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 15:38 (Ref:462108)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay so the news is from Formula-3000.net congratulations! Now what is ur point? Im constantly getting told not to post links when I can copy and paste the information, so I have just done that. And then when I do I get grief. Its not as though Im using the information in any way to my own ends. I mereley published some news.

Also I havent seen anything on their website about copyright. If they wanted to prevent people from "lifting" information to a forum or anywhere else they can quite easily do what crash.net have done and stop people copying and pasting the info. I really dont see what ur problem is, Im not gaining anything out of putting info here after all.

I made a mistake, by not posting the source. We all make mistakes. Deal with it.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 2 Jan 2003 at 15:44.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 15:48 (Ref:462112)   #4
Ronnoco
Rookie

Ronnoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sceptic. If your soo good that you dont think we should put links or text here from other sites then what should we do???
And the main point is that Saleen is simply passing information, not as if hes making a profit out of it.
Just chillout mate!
Old 2 Jan 2003, 16:12 (Ref:462141)   #5
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
they can quite easily do what crash.net have done and stop people copying and pasting the info.
How do they do that? I'm able to copy and paste stuff from crash, am I doing something wrong? :confused:
Old 2 Jan 2003, 16:14 (Ref:462143)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Can u? I go to www.crash.net and try and copy and paste something but am unable to do so. Although its the only website I know that is like this. I dont know maybe its just AOL.

For some reason though I cannot copy and paste text from www.crash.net so I just insert a link instead.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 16:15 (Ref:462144)   #7
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon it's cos I use a Mac
Old 2 Jan 2003, 16:17 (Ref:462145)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Probably, sorry Im know website expert. Or a expert on forums, I mean when has anyone EVER seen me use a smiley face like the one u have? I havent because I dont know how to.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 17:36 (Ref:462171)   #9
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Okay so the news is from Formula-3000.net congratulations! Now what is ur point? Im constantly getting told not to post links when I can copy and paste the information, so I have just done that. And then when I do I get grief. Its not as though Im using the information in any way to my own ends. I mereley published some news.

Also I havent seen anything on their website about copyright.
try www.formula-3000.net/copyright.php

You are quite free to post links - or even to quote text, as long as it is correctly attributed.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 19:42 (Ref:462242)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Fine I will - next time. Just out of intrest, what business is it of yours? Do u run the site? After all, if u do, Im suprised ur here on ten-tenths, as formula-3000.net dosent use ten-tenths.com for their forum.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 2 Jan 2003 at 19:43.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 09:01 (Ref:462549)   #11
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sceptic
You might like to acknowledge that the first two paragraphs are lifted directly from www.formula-3000.net and subject to copyright.

Oh yes? Since when have you been able to copyright facts then?
Old 3 Jan 2003, 19:42 (Ref:462997)   #12
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
Oh yes? Since when have you been able to copyright facts then?
You can't copyright facts - and if Saleen had posted the information in his own words there wouldn't have been a problem. But instead he lifted the original text word for word.

Anyway, I think he's taken the point now, so let's end this.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 19:45 (Ref:463000)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
The fact is, I took a news article big deal. Nobody else is moaning here. Learn When to quit m8.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 19:49 (Ref:463005)   #14
Ronnoco
Rookie

Ronnoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look sceptic, its easier and more accurate to copy and paste information, what do you have against that? just give it a rest will ya, Saleen is only trying to do us a favour, your just being awkward.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 21:43 (Ref:463848)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Also I havent seen anything on their website about copyright. If they wanted to prevent people from "lifting" information to a forum or anywhere else they can quite easily do what crash.net have done and stop people copying and pasting the info. I really dont see what ur problem is, Im not gaining anything out of putting info here after all.

I made a mistake, by not posting the source. We all make mistakes. Deal with it.
Saleen the reason we took issue with you posting links to the articles you copy and paste here was not because we specifically objected to the links but because you really should cut down on posting them at all.

We don't mind the occasional copy and paste as long as it is correctly attributed but please don't simply copy ever single article from Crash.Net or wherever else you read. Posting news is great but please do it in your own words - copying word for word or simply adding a link to an article is not okay.

I'm closing this topic as it has gone off topic but leaving it's content 'as is' as I think the Copyright holder has received sufficient credit now!
Closed Thread