Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Nov 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2573364)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
JLOC's Le Mans auto invite

Well , I guess most of you have had time to think about the Asian series win for JLOC .

Id be interested in hearing your views , for a laugh
Old 1 Nov 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2573408)   #2
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yep, I am really happy for them, now no one can stop them of coming to la Sarthe
Old 1 Nov 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2573411)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Credit where it's due - sure their appearances at Le Mans the last couple of years have been distinctly unimpressive but they went out there and got results fair and square at Okayama - now all we need them to do is bring that approach to Le Mans next June.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2573416)   #4
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you that the two cars that raced at Okayama we're probably more competitive than the wreck they entered at Le Mans.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2573417)   #5
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True. And if they bring one of those to Le Mans I don't have a problem with them getting in.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2573481)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be nice to see a Lambo at Le Mans that can hold together for more than a lap, and if JLOC can "downgrade" of of it's Murcielagos and keep the other for spare parts then they might just reach double figures on the lap count .
Old 1 Nov 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2573532)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At first glance, it would appear to be something of a comedy own goal by the ACO. However, they've earnt their invite for 2010 with 2 perfectly respectable performances at Okayama, and if they turn up at La Sarthe properly prepared, I say good luck to them.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2573558)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
At first glance, it would appear to be something of a comedy own goal by the ACO. However, they've earnt their invite for 2010 with 2 perfectly respectable performances at Okayama, and if they turn up at La Sarthe properly prepared, I say good luck to them.
That's a very large if. We'll see. They'll be probably be the only team in the class with any Le Mans experience. Thats how poor GT1 will be!
Old 1 Nov 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2573569)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
That's a very large if.......
2 words...........Racing Box.

Old 1 Nov 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2573638)   #10
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a laugh when I saw the #69 JLOC (with the LM 09 body, 09LM chassis?...) parked on the inside of one of the corners. Well the only fun bit. Was really irritaded by the dutch eurosport commentator. If you have no knowledge of a specific series, why the hell comment on it... Even I could do better. "What is the pitguy doing?..." He is $# tearing a tearof of the window in order to clean it! "The GT2 porsche is overtaking the GT1 Aston" No you idiot it was the GT2 silver/grey coloured V8Vantage! OMG it ruined my day. ontopic:
Well great to see the #68 SuperGT(300) chassis/entry doing much better and winning the first race! And a propper GT1 battle in the lm series this year.... :S had to be only in the last seperate series round
Old 1 Nov 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2573664)   #11
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai View Post
Had a laugh when I saw the #69 JLOC (with the LM 09 body, 09LM chassis?...) parked on the inside of one of the corners. Well the only fun bit. Was really irritaded by the dutch eurosport commentator. If you have no knowledge of a specific series, why the hell comment on it... Even I could do better. "What is the pitguy doing?..." He is $# tearing a tearof of the window in order to clean it! "The GT2 porsche is overtaking the GT1 Aston" No you idiot it was the GT2 silver/grey coloured V8Vantage! OMG it ruined my day. ontopic:
Well great to see the #68 SuperGT(300) chassis/entry doing much better and winning the first race! And a propper GT1 battle in the lm series this year.... :S had to be only in the last seperate series round
The British Eurosport commentators are annoying as well. I was shouting at the screen in the second race "THE ORECA HAS SLOWED DOWN", and despite it dropping way back, they didn't really say anything about it. And in race 1 they were convinced Nakano was starting the Pescarolo, when it was clearly Tinseau's yellow helmet in the car! And I might tear my hair out the next time the commentator pronounces Le Mans "Le Marns".

They should have proper experts commentating, and you know it's bad when a 15 year old can spot the mistakes.

Bat to topic with your second point, it was great to see the Japanese teams giving the ALMS and the LMS big guys a run for their money.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2573668)   #12
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Indeed, but don't underestemate the SuperGT level. Well the dutch commentator was really surpriced the japanese drivers gave way more room than the other drivers. Well if he had done some research you know that in the SuperGT the GT500 drivers will get penalties when in contact with GT300 cars.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2573669)   #13
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Strange that their first appearence was much more serious than this years.
It was heartbreaking not being able to help them at the end, but them's the rules.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 1 Nov 2009 at 20:46. Reason: they wanted the battery out my car...
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2573684)   #14
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai View Post
Indeed, but don't underestemate the SuperGT level.
It was still some achievment to better factory-backed teams in an alien category. I was impressed.

I think there should be an auto-invite to the GT300 winner in SuperGT if the ACO would really like to gauge interest in Asia again.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2573691)   #15
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think there should be an auto-invite to the GT300 winner in SuperGT if the ACO would really like to gauge interest in Asia again.
That's a good idea in principle, but GT300 hasn't been won by a team running a car eligible for LM since 2000.

Incidentally, I'd like to know what JLOC had to change on the GT300 chassis to run it in GT1.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2573712)   #16
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
That's a good idea in principle, but GT300 hasn't been won by a team running a car eligible for LM since 2000
That could prove difficult in a category where all the homologated cars follow the regulations so vigorously
Old 1 Nov 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2573773)   #17
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
the fact that there will even be a GT1 category next year is the real travesty here, I've nothing against JLOC for fairly taking an entry to it.
Old 1 Nov 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2573774)   #18
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever happens, It better not be #1068(?) they bring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They better not even think about conning another team either. The team itself seems to actually be good, but, dishonest.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2573804)   #19
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually why got JLOC the auto-invite..? JLOC and Team Nova were tied and also both had one win. Maybe I missed something... but the decision for the auto-invite grounds on what?

Old 2 Nov 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2573818)   #20
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Actually why got JLOC the auto-invite..? JLOC and Team Nova were tied and also both had one win. Maybe I missed something... but the decision for the auto-invite grounds on what?

Apparently, because it was the first of the two teams to win a race. Makes no sense (to me) whatsoever. If a tiebreak were needed, the additional lap the Hitotsuyama Team Nova car completed over the course of the 2 races (228 laps to JLOC's 227) might have sufficed. That, of course, would have meant the auto invite going in the other direction.

Old 2 Nov 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2573819)   #21
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
They were the first to win a race, or something silly like that.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2573820)   #22
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Good question. The final classification on the AsLMS site says that the Aston got 15 points, JLOC 18. From the results they both should have 18. Strange...

edit: The LMS had point penalties for engine changes...maybe there was one for being thrown out of quali?

edit 2: It also wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone who actually speaks english go over the regulations before they are published...
Old 2 Nov 2009, 02:45 (Ref:2573845)   #23
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'm still trying to get my head around one of their cars finishing a race.........

If it wasnt for their history at Le Mans I'd be happy for them but if they're just going to repeat what they did this year a more deserving team should get the invite, win or no win.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 03:20 (Ref:2573858)   #24
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I mentioned before, JLOC now has 7 months to actually prepare and build up the funding for a Le Mans entry, rather than the 3-4 months they'd usually have.

Quite honestly I think it's silly to assume that they'll have a repeat of 2009. 2009 wasn't even a repeat of 2007, two entirely different problems which ended those two races early.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2573953)   #25
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
That's a good idea in principle, but GT300 hasn't been won by a team running a car eligible for LM since 2000.

Incidentally, I'd like to know what JLOC had to change on the GT300 chassis to run it in GT1.
As far as I know they didn't change a thing to the chassis on the murcielago's. They appeared as a normal GT1 car in GT500 but the car couldn't compete so they went to GT300 with some more restrictors on it.