Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Nov 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2072283)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drivers You Would Like To See In Sportscars?

Is there any drivers you would like to see have a chance to drive a sportscars who currently aren't.

I'm not about F1 drivers or even people from the DTM, just people who really impress in other categories.

Here's a couple to kick things off from me:-

Colin Turkington (BTCC)
Sam Bird (British F3)
Old 21 Nov 2007, 08:53 (Ref:2072299)   #2
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dario franchitti

alex wurz

http://www.wurz.com/

adam pecorari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWI8L_vfToo

http://www.adampecorari.com/
Old 21 Nov 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2072406)   #3
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fully agree with Sam Bird, good call.

Apart from myself...

James Thompson/ Gabrielle Tarquini? WTCC.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 12:54 (Ref:2072444)   #4
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Marino Franchitti given another chance by someone!
Old 21 Nov 2007, 13:01 (Ref:2072448)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sebastian Bourdais
Justin Wilson
Jorg Muller
Dirk Muller
Andy Priaulx
Satoshi Motoyama
Lucas Di Grassi
Giorgio Pantano
Robbie Kerr
Old 21 Nov 2007, 13:56 (Ref:2072500)   #6
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Andy Priaulx would make an absolutely superb sportscar driver - now if only BMW could hurry up and get a car out there... Tiago Monteiro could possibly be quite alright too (just look at his consistency in F1)...
Old 21 Nov 2007, 14:03 (Ref:2072506)   #7
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see F1 drivers competing in LM, Seb managed to fit it in around Champ Car no problem. They justneed to reschedule the N.American jaunt.

I'd like to see what Raikkonen or Massa could do in one of the Risi 430s (or with Ferraris links with Shell, an R10 )

Wurz has said he wants to return to Sportscars. I wouldn't bet against him being in an Audi or Pug next year (LMS Audi?)
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 21 Nov 2007, 14:32 (Ref:2072525)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I would like to see Coulthard once he retires from F1.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 14:41 (Ref:2072527)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be nice to have Montangy back too, especially as hes out of a F1 drive at the moment.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 15:52 (Ref:2072559)   #10
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the stig
andy priaulx
heikki kovaleinen
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:01 (Ref:2072568)   #11
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Juan Pablo Montoya, and Dario Franchitti in sportscars instead of NASCAR.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:44 (Ref:2072603)   #12
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think dario franchitti did a few sportscar races this year in the andretti green acura honda ARX01a and was incredibly quick
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:53 (Ref:2072616)   #13
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i think dario franchitti did a few sportscar races this year in the andretti green acura honda ARX01a and was incredibly quick
Yea, and this is why I think that he should do full-time sportscars.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2072651)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Richard Lyons would be a nice addition .

And young Jo Stuck junior in a full time drive .
Old 21 Nov 2007, 17:42 (Ref:2072654)   #15
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now that Michael Schumacher has nothing to do but test Ferraris, how about seeing him in a 430 GT or in an Audi R10? He might know his way around a few tracks!

DK
Old 21 Nov 2007, 18:25 (Ref:2072672)   #16
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
Now that Michael Schumacher has nothing to do but test Ferraris, how about seeing him in a 430 GT or in an Audi R10? He might know his way around a few tracks!

DK
Someone asked him about Le Mans and he said it was 'too dangerous' my thoughts of which were 'wuss', an R10/430 has far more impact protection than an F1 car, and he obviously can't cope with the idea of racing anywhere without 2 miles of runoff area.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:13 (Ref:2072697)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Good god ..... we dont want that **** in sportscars !!!
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:39 (Ref:2072727)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool topic. I'd love to see Gil de Ferran in a prototype.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:43 (Ref:2072732)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

I would seriously love to see Ron Fellows in a proto if GM decide to return ..... but probably they will employ the young hot shots instead .
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2072734)   #20
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the driver I whish to see, in SportsCar Racing is...Mathias Ekstrom, a factory Audi driver, winner of this year DTM championship,he is brillant in Rally too ! why not a place for him in a 3rd Joest R10 at LM'08 !
Old 21 Nov 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2072754)   #21
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Jos Verstappen drive Le Mans
Old 21 Nov 2007, 20:30 (Ref:2072776)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

He had plenty of oppertunities before , but it seems his manager always screws stuff up !!!
Old 22 Nov 2007, 00:55 (Ref:2073066)   #23
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Swap Turkington for Priaulx, and there's a dream lineup...

Thing is, we got chatting to a bloke at spa, who turned out to be Sam Bird's Dad, and The Management won't let him touch anything except an open wheeler, with no more power than an F3 car... Something about it ruining the focus?

Anyway, I'd like to see the young Mansells as a team. Maybe even with Dad helping out? Plenty of money for the panel bashers if those two came to play!
Old 22 Nov 2007, 06:45 (Ref:2073174)   #24
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Good god ..... we dont want that **** in sportscars !!!

Seriously? You see him in Sauber Merc 90 and 91, more specifically LM91? The guy set the place on fire teatime and in to the evening.

His presence could, potentially, increase the brand image of sportscar racing. Love him or hate him, he has worldwide appeal
Old 22 Nov 2007, 08:14 (Ref:2073201)   #25
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Mansells? I couldn't stand the whingeing.

Schumacher? Yes I was there in the Merc. days and recall his poor driving through the Ford Chicanes. We need drivers who will race, not push off anyone who gets in their way. Schumacher's ego is too big to fit into the cockpit of a GT car.....

Generally speaking, more rally drivers would be welcome. They're accustomed to thinking ahead, beyond the next corner. They can drive the whole race, not just ten laps.

Alain Prost would have been a natural - his nickname of "The Professor" says it all. He thought with his brain, not some other part of his anatomy.

Just for fun, how about a car with Mr Ecclestone and Mr. Mosley taking turns? Both are ex racers, but I wouldn't bet on them completing the first lap.

And whatever happened to the proposed Brundle/Blundell team? It would be good to see both back.