Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1334351)   #1
cross_ply
Rookie

cross_ply should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best F1 race for ages?

That was the nearest I've come to watching an entire race for years, I was laughing so much my jaw ached. The racing was about as interesting as it usually is but oh, the sideshow.....!

The best bit was the attempted interview of the Poison Dwarf on the grid - hilarious. Ecclestone speechless, and then they tried to talk to his missus! Priceless.

Finally, F1 has demonstrated to the world what it is. A money-making scam run by a bunch of self-serving parasites. If any good comes of this it will be the whole-sale departure of Whiting, Mosely, Ecclestone and all!

Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1334367)   #2
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Welcome cross_ply, good too see I'm not the only one trying to pull some positives from this 'race'!!

I was really hoping the Ferrari's took each other out so we could see 3 rookies on the podium!!
Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1334372)   #3
cross_ply
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85

I was really hoping the Ferrari's took each other out so we could see 3 rookies on the podium!!
That would have been a class act.

I'm not a troll (er, I'm not just a troll). I lost interest in F1 years ago, when it became a money making venture for Ecclestone and Co. Just maybe some good will come from it, ie the wholesale departure of most of them.

The only people I have sympathy for are the spectators who paid money. If some of our more litigious cousins could produce a class action against the FIA and Ecclestone and bankrupt the lot of them it would be a step in the right direction.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1334380)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and replace them with a raft of billion dollar conglomerates, with the interests of F1 at heart - like Ford you mean?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1334388)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice to know the someone enjoyed f1 making a fool of itself..

i played no part in the farce yesterday but i truly was feeling embarrassed for being a fan of the sport yesterday
Old 20 Jun 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1334408)   #6
cross_ply
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Nice to know the someone enjoyed f1 making a fool of itself..

i played no part in the farce yesterday but i truly was feeling embarrassed for being a fan of the sport yesterday

F1 has been making a fool of itself for years. Just maybe crunch time has come, and some good will come of it.

Ecclestone is poisonous, Mosely, Whiting and the FIA are incompetent, and they are all in it for what they can get. There are plenty of other formulas that provide real racing, on a budget of miniscule proportions to F1.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1334425)   #7
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we are done here - this is bashing for the sake of it.