Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 25 Apr 2001, 19:57 (Ref:84948)   #1
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today, again, a lot of you have seen that the Internet, although it is able to make one's life more meaningful or even rewarding, can also bring forward the ugly side of a person.
Hiding behind an IP-number some members of our community think they can say anything at any time and by thus doing so, hurting others.

10 Tenths is a great community with good open debate and discussion. This is a rarity on the web, particularly with this many members. Keeping 10 Tenths open and honest is, in my opinion, worthy and noble.

The only reason that 10 Tenths has remained the civil community that it is, is because we have some strict forum rules. There is plenty of room for debate here amongst folks with different viewpoints, but debate doesn't include any name calling or the use of abusive or sexually orientated words.

Freedom of expression necessitates an openness to different viewpoints and a willingness to debate topics rather than make ad hominem attacks.

There's nothing worse than people who make noise because they can make noise, and then try to hide behind something like 'Freedom of Speech.'
Free speech was never meant to be an absolute right in the first place. Try yelling 'BOMB!' in a movie theater and pulling out your pocket-bill-of-rights when the police show up.

I would say that anyone who still fails to grasp the concept of what this community is, or cannot restrain himself from acting like a 6 year old, please, turn off your computer and go outside for a bit.

Either way, on 10 Tenths, everyone has to behave. If someone would rather avoid interactive conversation and just rant and insult people, they might set up their own website. No one will be able to censor them there.

I furthermore would like to emphasize that we, the administrators and moderators of 10 Tenths are doing our utmost best to keep this site as clean as possible.
We are constantly discussing ways to improve this site.
Unfortunately, we can only act appropriately after we find an abusive post, and by then some harm has already been done.
Our advise is to not respond to such postings and send a warning to your moderators or the administrators.

And last but not least, this message is not pointed towards the 99.9% of our members who understand that such a large community does need some rules in order to prevent chaos.
We are very happy you chose 10 Tenths as your motorsport portal and we are looking forward to your visit every day.
Old 5 May 2001, 23:08 (Ref:89461)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Gerard,
I have noticed that many necomers dive straight into the F1 forum without reading the rules because that is what their interest is. Some like to abuse GP drivers, and insinuate all sorts of lies or even simply use fould language or obscene stuff.
May I suggest you use a sticky and post this type of warning at the top of teh F1 forum, so that those diving in will know our ground rules. This is just a suggestion.
Old 6 May 2001, 00:02 (Ref:89492)   #3
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for your concern, Valve, much appreciated.
But I believe the Formula One forum is for Formula One related topics only. For the moment I think it's best to keep it in here but when needed I might take up your sugggestion.
Old 6 May 2001, 20:39 (Ref:89752)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valve has a good point, these kind of "trolls" only ever seem to appear in the F1 forum, the rest of 10 Tenths seem to be spared from this.

I agree that the F1 forum (idealy) should only contain F1 related topics, though, and I think you moderators are doing an excellent job in what is without doubt the most difficult forum to moderate at 10 Tenths.