Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Dec 2002, 17:45 (Ref:453617)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport Xmas Edition

I've just flicked through the 2002 Xmas edition of Autosport.

I'm very excited.

I've found a page which isn't devoted to Formula 1.

And 2 pages which don't mention Michael Schumacher at all.

Aren't we lucky people.....

Old 19 Dec 2002, 17:46 (Ref:453619)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
.....but to be honest, there is a great article devoted to the old Spa..... Essential reading for all GPL'ers!
Old 19 Dec 2002, 18:20 (Ref:453636)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're checking for mentions of Michael schumacher?

Here's something better to do

The links below have pics of old Spa, and Rouen.

www.racer.demon.nl/6thgear

http://www.lugnutsracing.com

Plus there is a website dedicated to circuits.

It's like a database showing all the track plans for circuits all over the world

http://www.racingcircuits.net
Old 19 Dec 2002, 19:03 (Ref:453657)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
.....but to be honest, there is a great article devoted to the old Spa..... Essential reading for all GPL'ers!
I thought you might like that article

and off course there a great article about Audi winning Le Mans...........
Old 19 Dec 2002, 20:14 (Ref:453714)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I read that article too, fascinating and timely since there's a thread in the Historic forum about the old Spa too!

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=31062
Old 19 Dec 2002, 20:25 (Ref:453724)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Autosport Xmas Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I've just flicked through the 2002 Xmas edition of Autosport.

I'm very excited.

I've found a page which isn't devoted to Formula 1.

And 2 pages which don't mention Michael Schumacher at all.

Aren't we lucky people.....

Do as I did - stop buying it.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 22:02 (Ref:453790)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oh and I know all the answers to sportcar questions in the quiz.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 22:27 (Ref:453810)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good...
Old 19 Dec 2002, 23:38 (Ref:453850)   #9
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
And they've finally printed a pic of a saleen with one of our vinyls on it - It's a miracle!!

But it is rubbish! - Good Picture of Bristol Motor Speedway from the air though
Old 20 Dec 2002, 00:30 (Ref:453862)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
oh and I know all the answers to sportcar questions in the quiz.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 20 Dec 2002, 08:27 (Ref:454042)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Good Picture of Bristol Motor Speedway from the air though
Saw that - yes, it is a fantastic picture.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 09:27 (Ref:454071)   #12
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much for there section on Le-Mans...

No mention of the only team that came close to pushing the Audi's.... MG
Old 20 Dec 2002, 09:28 (Ref:454072)   #13
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And no mention of the Morgan!! Grrrr....
Old 20 Dec 2002, 10:03 (Ref:454085)   #14
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
seems a strange place to post it...but here for those who don't get autosport is the bristol motorspeedway from the air photo.

picture by adam pretty(sorry ayse!)
Old 20 Dec 2002, 10:45 (Ref:454099)   #15
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
seems a strange place to post it...but here for those who don't get autosport is the bristol motorspeedway from the air photo.

picture by adam pretty(sorry ayse!)

Never ceases to amaze me how many seats they've managed to surround the track with
Old 20 Dec 2002, 11:13 (Ref:454114)   #16
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I got the Xmas issue. Too much F1, too little everything else. This should probably be posted in another forum but where were the club racing season reviews. I agree though, the pics of the year were really good.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 12:03 (Ref:454142)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't it be nice if magazines could be tailored -- so you could specify your issue of Autosport would be Schumacher Free? I'll probably buy it to put in my archives next to the issue about Austria. But I've pretty well stopped reading F1 magazine until that guy retires.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 12:50 (Ref:454176)   #18
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad but true fact that this once great mag is now little more than a F1 fanzine.
The only good feature is the once a year Le Mans Special and the support given to Radio Le Mans.
I fear Motor Sport is going the same way again.
Rehashed tails of Fangio at the 'ring, fantastic it may have been but it is well recorded, how about some biopics of the less famous people involed in racing, there stories are no less intresting and would give a very diffrent view. A start could be made with the recently departed Roy Baker, a stalwart of motorsport over many many years, but about whom I know only a small amount.

Last edited by Nordic; 20 Dec 2002 at 12:51.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 13:01 (Ref:454181)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
Nice one, I have to admit...

I'd love to have the same from LM circuit from right above (by a satelite ?)... I have somes taken from the sky (from above Mulsanne or pit lane), but never hight enough to see the entire track...
Old 20 Dec 2002, 13:03 (Ref:454182)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Sad but true fact that this once great mag is now little more than a F1 fanzine.
The only good feature is the once a year Le Mans Special and the support given to Radio Le Mans.
I fear Motor Sport is going the same way again.
Rehashed tails of Fangio at the 'ring, fantastic it may have been but it is well recorded, how about some biopics of the less famous people involed in racing, there stories are no less intresting and would give a very diffrent view. A start could be made with the recently departed Roy Baker, a stalwart of motorsport over many many years, but about whom I know only a small amount.
I know it's in french, but you should try Le Mans Racing, the only paper devoted to Le Mans race and around (ALMS...). Nice pics, good fresh news, but barely 10 issues per year... well, better than nothing (= as it was before !).
Old 20 Dec 2002, 13:04 (Ref:454183)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I loved when you named him TGF... why don't you do it again ?!? Let me improve my english with new expressions like this one !
Old 20 Dec 2002, 14:31 (Ref:454247)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I loved when you named him TGF... why don't you do it again ?!? Let me improve my english with new expressions like this one !

OK. "TGF" it shall be. Just don't ask me to decide on the "F".
Old 20 Dec 2002, 14:43 (Ref:454257)   #23
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I know it's in french, but you should try Le Mans Racing, the only paper devoted to Le Mans race and around (ALMS...). Nice pics, good fresh news, but barely 10 issues per year... well, better than nothing (= as it was before !).
Any truth to the rumour that they might do a translation?

I may subscribe anyway. Unlike Playboy, I'd buy this one just for the pictures.

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Dec 2002, 19:13 (Ref:454435)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fill in your own "F" -- 'fellow' will do for me. I'd just like to see him OUT of my magazines!

P.S. I've thought of a way to spice up the USGP -- why not a TGF dunk tank? 3 baseballs with every ticket, and no throwing them at him directly.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 19:16 (Ref:454438)   #25
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
10.000,-- per try, and 50% for Willi Weber.