Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jan 2002, 10:39 (Ref:193698)   #1
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bennett Signs For Proton

So Phil Bennett has signed for Proton to partner Leslie and I hear Plato could be about to do a deal with someone to stay in BTCC ...

Soper and Plato in VLR Lexus? Or how about a Barwell Astra? Or could it be Honda? On the subject of which - have Honda yet officially anounced their return? Autosport and MN this week both run stories suggesting Honda are coming back. Although this would be fantastic news if true, I think it better to wait for an official announcement, particularly knowing how quick manufacturers can be in making U-turns with decision making these days. "I know we said, but ..." Originally, I though Honda had only ever said it would develop a kit for anyone wanting to run Hondas independently.

ps: although not a major Plato fan, the BTCC needs its reigning champion to come back and defend its crown. Plato in rival team to Muller in Vauxhall - certainly wouldn't do the gate figure any harm.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 20:32 (Ref:193983)   #2
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well latest rumours link ABG with JSM in a joint-effort, according to Red. This could make sense, seeing how VLR are probably going to run the Pugs from last year and not the Lexus' w/ABG.

But i can't see Plato in an independent outfit, unless it was a Lexus involving VLR.
Old 5 Jan 2002, 11:10 (Ref:194207)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
isnt there any manufacturers out there that want the #1 on the side of there car
Old 5 Jan 2002, 11:29 (Ref:194226)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I'd hardly say Honda were still at that rumour stage - will they/won't they. Autosport have had a story about Honda at least once a month for the past few months, and Autosport are usually a good source for the right information.

Paul Ormond - the Honda UK motorsport boss has said they will announce plans as soon as possible.