Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 12 Oct 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1736597)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hawaiin tropic

Don`t know why i thought of this but here you go anyway, we all know about their sports car sponsorship but have they ever been involved in F1 at all?
Old 13 Oct 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1736993)   #2
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can't recall F1 but were big in top NASCAR category - before Le Mans etc IIRC. Sponsor of Donnie Allison's car the day of the fist fight with Cale Yarborough at Daytona in 79.
Old 13 Oct 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1736998)   #3
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
Don`t know why i thought of this but here you go anyway, we all know about their sports car sponsorship but have they ever been involved in F1 at all?
I think this is just a good escuse for people to post some photographs, come on chaps, don't let us down!
I don't know about sportscars, but I do know their sponsorship (and the girls!) apeared on a couple of BTCC Cars in the late 1980's, anyone remember which ones? (It was only one meeting as far as I recall).
Old 13 Oct 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1737014)   #4
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
They did have their name on the Chevron F2s of Briedenbach and Briggs when Peter Gethin was the team manager.

Old 13 Oct 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1737287)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT
I think this is just a good escuse for people to post some photographs, come on chaps, don't let us down!
I don't know about sportscars, but I do know their sponsorship (and the girls!) apeared on a couple of BTCC Cars in the late 1980's, anyone remember which ones? (It was only one meeting as far as I recall).
Yeah that rings a bell...

I reckon the Rouse built Sapphire that Ray Bellm drove for a bit in 1990 might have had that sponsorship?
Old 14 Oct 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1737970)   #6
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somewhat OT.

What is/was Hawaiian Tropic?

I know about their sponsorship and their young ladies but not about the product itself.

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 14 Oct 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1737994)   #7
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sun Cream
Old 13 Mar 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1865991)   #8
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because it is springtime !

You have to know, that in Le Mans, you can have an Hawaian Tropic sticker on our car easily, just because they dont paid a lot for put the brand on the car (1500 euros in 2005) and then you willhave your car on magazine, just because thereare some bikinis girls in front of it !
Old 13 Mar 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1866004)   #9
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.hawaiiantropicgirls.com/
Old 14 Mar 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1866253)   #10
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack, Ginger and Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Sun Cream
More an oil or a lotion....hardly a cream

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 14 Mar 2007 at 08:58.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1866657)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Yeah that rings a bell...

I reckon the Rouse built Sapphire that Ray Bellm drove for a bit in 1990 might have had that sponsorship?
I'm sure you're right- weren't they one of the regular sponsors when he was driving C2 with Gordon Spice?

Could be wrong, but I don't remember ever seeing any Hawaiian Tropic girls at a Brands BTCC meeting that year though...
Old 14 Mar 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1866738)   #12
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Robb Gravett having a one off deal with them rings a bell 1990/91ish maybe driving Bellms car, they definently sponsored Bellm/Spice in the Group C2 Spice.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 16:55 (Ref:1867388)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
I'm sure you're right- weren't they one of the regular sponsors when he was driving C2 with Gordon Spice?

Could be wrong, but I don't remember ever seeing any Hawaiian Tropic girls at a Brands BTCC meeting that year though...
Actually, I'd forgotten Ray Bellms Sapphire.
I was referring to the Listerine sponsored RS 500's of Graham Goode and Mike Newman.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1878054)   #14
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't they supply pit chickens separate from their team sponsorship?
Old 30 Dec 2011, 20:22 (Ref:3005671)   #15
Christian Devereux
Rookie

United Kingdom
London W4
Christian Devereux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click image for larger version

Name:	h tropic.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	36038

this thread had so much potential...
Old 31 Dec 2011, 08:36 (Ref:3005778)   #16
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Actually, I'd forgotten Ray Bellms Sapphire.
I was referring to the Listerine sponsored RS 500's of Graham Goode and Mike Newman.
I'd forgotten that the Goode RS500s had some Hawaiian Tropic sponsorship!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/g...SC_0008mod.jpg
Don't remember seeing any Hawaiian Tropic girls on the grid with Graham and Mike though- just Clifford...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard...er/6159930387/

They were the main sponsor on the Bellm Sapphire, but disappeared when Ray parted company with the team mid-season
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3530/...6ee2943fe3.jpg
http://www.supertouring.co.uk/galler...ntrants_2.html

They didn't return with Bellm for the VLM BMW in 1992 though- that was Listerine..
http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/ga...lm_snett_w.jpg

Both Listerine and H-T were associated with Bellm during the Spice sportscar period of his career
http://cdn-4.motorsport.com/static/i...43414/s1_1.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mendama...in/photostream
http://cdn-2.motorsport.com/static/i...01292/s1_1.jpg
Old 2 Jan 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3006334)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The brown/gold bikinis were so much nicer than the red ones though......
Old 2 Jan 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3006435)   #18
bigears
Racer

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
bigears should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to know which cars at Le Mans that were sponsored by Hawaiian Tropic?

There was a Riley&Scott car at the 1999 Le Mans and the 1979 Dick Barbour Porsche 935 that were sponsored by the brand.

Any other cars?

EDIT>> The 1983 EMKA Aston Martin:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-06-19-041.jpg
Old 2 Jan 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3006441)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a model site, but this might help.....

http://www.lemans-models.nl/SPONSORS/hawaiian.htm
Old 2 Jan 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3006515)   #20
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Funny, Hawaiian Tropic have their own model site as well.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3006525)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not that kind of model site though.......
Old 2 Jan 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3006530)   #22
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you are looking for car pictures try here

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo.html
Old 2 Jan 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3006540)   #23
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty funny thread. In my professional life I call on the plant in Ormond Beach, FL. I'm working on a large project their and had a tour of the building with one of the project engineers, when we we're about done, I asked him where they kept the Hawaiian Tropic Girls? He smiled and told me that they heard they used to be around quite a bit. They are now owned by Energizer Personal Care in the U.S.

I also hear quite a few stories from my friends at Dick Barbour Racing about the Hawaiian Tropic Girls. How times have changed.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3006579)   #24
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
If you are looking for car pictures try here

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo.html
Definition of motor racing fandom:

Someone posts a thread about Hawaiian Tropic and the pictures on offer are of cars.
Old 3 Jan 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3006792)   #25
Andy Clegg
Racer

Andy Clegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigears View Post
I would like to know which cars at Le Mans that were sponsored by Hawaiian Tropic?

There was a Riley&Scott car at the 1999 Le Mans and the 1979 Dick Barbour Porsche 935 that were sponsored by the brand.

Any other cars?

EDIT>> The 1983 EMKA Aston Martin:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-06-19-041.jpg
Think in 1978 Dick Barbour had same Sponsorship also.
Andy.