Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Oct 2003, 09:18 (Ref:741658)   #1
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donnington Oct 5th

Any of you people on duty yesterday at Donnington? If so I think you all did a grand job keeping the Renault race running with all the carnage taking place. The race incidents on the result sheet just about filled up the paper.
Well done and thanks.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 09:42 (Ref:741680)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
hmmm i think that was down to steve spurr and the marshals on starkeys lol.....good job...and we had 2 cars at post 8...luckily they destroyed the cars way off the track...well fortunately for the race...we were nackered!
Old 6 Oct 2003, 11:35 (Ref:741777)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, I was there - in the pit lane doing my usual job. The only incident that affected us was at the start of the first EuroBOSS race when Robbie Stirling hit the pit wall. Glad to say he's OK as it was only a glancing blow by some standards!
Old 6 Oct 2003, 11:39 (Ref:741782)   #4
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I noticed that one of our guys achieved the ultimate distiction when he spun in the pit road when going out for qualifying.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 11:47 (Ref:741788)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He also achieved a serious telling off from me!! Mind you once he saw me trying to kick start my broomstick he didn't do it again!
Old 6 Oct 2003, 13:16 (Ref:741913)   #6
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Bob, I was flagging at Coppice and boy was it breezy up there. What caused yours and Ian's late entry onto the grid?
It certainly was a busy day from a flag point of view.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 14:32 (Ref:741992)   #7
Bob Pearson
Veteran

There is no easy way to tell you this Chigley.
I'd like to say that it was a late engine change, butwe were nattering and suddenly noticed a BMW coming back from the direction of the track. As they were the race before us panic set in leading to that rather public late appearance.
I think you had a quiet time of it there in the race and qualifying, it was one of the few corners where I didn't see an incident
Old 6 Oct 2003, 15:34 (Ref:742057)   #8
vtti
Rookie

vtti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would you put all the incidents down to Bob ?
Old 6 Oct 2003, 16:44 (Ref:742118)   #9
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on 15 (the one between mcleans and coppice) and even we had a visitor towed to us from mcleans. They had that many of in the race they ran out of recovory trucks and had to leave him there till the end of the next race. Althought the driver (Steve Hanselman) was a realy nice bloke he even let the kids who came over to look sit in it and have there photos taken
Old 6 Oct 2003, 17:43 (Ref:742166)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was at 7 (Craners), sharing the two in practice with Ascarracinguk, also got to paly with the lightly toasted 7up Jordan, otherwise quiet.

Dose anyone have a clue what happened with the pace car in EuroBoss 1? Even the commentators lost the plot!
Old 6 Oct 2003, 17:45 (Ref:742170)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ignore the last bit. The trouble with reading these posts in order is you get the answer to your question on the next thread. I'll sit quietly and read it now.
Old 6 Oct 2003, 19:44 (Ref:742276)   #12
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was at 11 had a busy day but it was all going well untill lap 8 of the westfield race when one came to rest in the tyre wall driver didnt bother to throw his teddy he threw his helmet, gloves and balaclaver instead silly boy made us late home. Same race lap ten one in the gravel at 9.