Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2009, 13:53 (Ref:2488328)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Williams 09

Is it the car or the drivers or .....
Old 22 Jun 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2488332)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
A combination of both, as always. I've yet to see a car or driver compete in a Grand Prix without the other.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2488334)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post
It's a great 'racing' team,and currently up there with Ferrari and some of the other 'second division' teams.They get by on a fraction of Ferrari's budget and don't take a penny from their shareholders or a manufacturer.Possibly the best 'self-sufficient' team on the grid.

With regards to performance,they probably haven't scored as many points as they should have done mainly due to bad calls on strategy etc.

Genuine pace at Silverstone.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2488554)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
A combination of both, as always. I've yet to see a car or driver compete in a Grand Prix without the other.
Actually, the 1996 Ferrari was hollow in the bottom. Schumacher found it went quicker if he just stuck his legs through it and ran.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 Jun 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2488664)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
Actually, the 1996 Ferrari was hollow in the bottom. Schumacher found it went quicker if he just stuck his legs through it and ran.
The 96/97 Ferrari F310 and F310B actually won eight races in total (3 in 96,5 in 97).
Old 23 Jun 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2488679)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post

They are my favorite team since the legends from the 70's were gone.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2488873)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can we clarify the nature of the question? Is it along the lines of 'why have Williams several times showed good pace this year only to not be as up there in the races?'
Old 23 Jun 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2488874)   #8
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Can we clarify the nature of the question? Is it along the lines of 'why have Williams several times showed good pace this year only to not be as up there in the races?'
Engine juice or rather the lack of it during quali.

Nakajima has now twice been very unlucky in as many races and Rosberg is still one to watch for the future.
Overall I think they've done and continue to do a great job for all the reasons already stated.

Is one of the reasons they have gone the FIA budget cap route for next year, that if all the big boys pull out, they have a great chance of winning again and do it comparatively economically?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2488951)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusonpole View Post

Is one of the reasons they have gone the FIA budget cap route for next year, that if all the big boys pull out, they have a great chance of winning again and do it comparatively economically?
I bet they never thought of that!

Anyway,word has it on the street that Max is for the push (or,more likely to stand down),and that all the teams will be fielding 'economy' versions of this years cars next season.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2488966)   #10
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I bet they never thought of that!

Anyway,word has it on the street that Max is for the push (or,more likely to stand down),and that all the teams will be fielding 'economy' versions of this years cars next season.
Well if I can...it must be 'bl**ding' obvious.

Do you really think Max will actually stand down of his own accord?
Falling on ones own sword (without rubber and chain accesories) is not one of Max's strong points.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2488987)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusonpole View Post
Well if I can...it must be 'bl**ding' obvious.

Do you really think Max will actually stand down of his own accord?
Falling on ones own sword (without rubber and chain accesories) is not one of Max's strong points.
I reckon that Max will be able to get Ferrari to paint next seasons car pink if he promises to leave of his own accord.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2489001)   #12
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I reckon that Max will be able to get Ferrari to paint next seasons car pink if he promises to leave of his own accord.

Would Ferrari become a hairdresser's car or has it already?