Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 May 2001, 19:30 (Ref:91987)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Questions for John B&Q

I am doing an interview with John B&Q for my site, so if you would like to post any questions for him here, please do so, and the best ones will be picked. (John you can ask yourself a question if you want)
Old 15 May 2001, 17:06 (Ref:92886)   #2
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi TL, the question that I would ask everyone else is...How far up in the championship do you think Nick Beaumont will finish? I think that Nick has a lot of talent, and given the job he did at Thruxton, I think he can win, certainly in production class.
Old 15 May 2001, 17:17 (Ref:92893)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Come on everybody, surely somebody wants to ask some questions! I know you have probably asked him already, but take another go.
Old 15 May 2001, 17:19 (Ref:92894)   #4
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see it John! And also see your good self getting among the points as well.

But how much of a disadvantage is it running a 1.8ltr car against all the other 2 ltrs?
Old 15 May 2001, 17:53 (Ref:92908)   #5
John Batchelor
Racer

Well, we give away some power, but we do have a reliable Honda underneath us, so the old saying comes into play " to finish first, first you have to finish!"
Old 15 May 2001, 19:44 (Ref:92950)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Suppose I'll just ahve to think up a few questions myself for you John.
Old 15 May 2001, 20:37 (Ref:92979)   #7
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1/ What made you chose Honda for the series ? Why not a 2.0 ?

2/ Do you get any support from Honda ? Discounted spares, set up help, tuning advise ?

3/ How far along the development road are you, are there many more tweaks that you are testing or thinking about. Within the rules of course

4/ Given the chance to start again, would you still stick with the Integra ? If not what would you go for ?

5a/ Do you sometimes think it would be nice to still be selling loo rolls ?

(5b/ How do you demonstate the plus points of loo rolls ????)

6/ Have you or Nick yet been asked to "have a quite chat" with any of the Touring drivers ?

I think thats enough for now, over to you.

Simon
Old 15 May 2001, 20:45 (Ref:92982)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Cheers Simon! Finally....

I know your a nice guy Mr B&Q, and no offence, but don't answer these yet! You'll hear from me soon John.
Old 15 May 2001, 20:57 (Ref:92987)   #9
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Legend, I think the questions should be answered on this forum, not yours. They are quite basic questions after all. You could post onto yours at a later date of course.

Simon
Old 15 May 2001, 21:29 (Ref:92995)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Mr Legend, I think the questions should be answered on this forum, not yours. They are quite basic questions after all. You could post onto yours at a later date of course.

Simon
Simon,
Please refer to this post
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=9793
Where I ASK John to do an interview and please refer to my FIRST thread on this post where I ASK forum members to ask questions for John for an interview on my site.

touringlegend.
Old 15 May 2001, 21:47 (Ref:93005)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
TL,
You ASKed people to get involved with your interview on this TOPIC. Seeing as you requested this help in this topic, I think it is only right and fair that the questions should be answered HERE.
Old 15 May 2001, 21:55 (Ref:93008)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama

I've seen others do it before here. Anyway lets not get into an argument (as the capitals suggested), as you are being very kind to me right now - hopefully. I'm still doing an interview with John, they'll just have to be my own questions then. When all the questions are answered do you promise that I can post a link? pretty please...
Old 16 May 2001, 00:12 (Ref:93054)   #13
ziggy stardust
Rookie

ziggy stardust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah, bang and screw it. I'm going to be cheeky !!

How much does a name change earn you?

Do you not see selling your name for advertising one blatantly capitalist and commercial (if not a bit tacky), two as losing part of your identity?

What on earth is with the loo-roll thing mentioned above - did you used to seell them? If so, were you desperate for cash or soemthing?

Do you have a website sorted ?
Old 17 May 2001, 14:07 (Ref:93569)   #14
John Batchelor
Racer

Ok Here we go answers in order that they were posted:

SL
1. We chose the Honda because it makes good BHP in standard form, so the engine didn't need to be overdeveloped to get to where we are, giving it we hope (and this is tempting fate) great reliability.

2.up to press we have done everything ourselves.

3.There are other things that we can do to the car. Nicks car has had all the new bits so far, at Thruxton he ran with a new airbox and anti-roll bar. Mine will have the revised air box also at Oulton with the roll bar to follow soon.

4.we would stick to the Integra, it has great balance and relaibility and is a good car for our first yar at this level

5a No.

5b You are best advised never to go down that route!!

6. No.......not yet.

Ziggy

1.Enough to go racing!

2.Yes on all counts, but that's why it worked.

3.Yes I used to sell toilet rolls! And yes I was, and am desperate for cash! Running these cars ain't cheap!

4.Website on the way, with Craigs permission, I'll let you know.
Old 17 May 2001, 15:07 (Ref:93596)   #15
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
John, I've tryed to get in touch with you RE the 'interview', but you haven't got your Private Messages turned on. I have got in touch with Craig to see if he could help me.
Old 17 May 2001, 20:01 (Ref:93725)   #16
John Batchelor
Racer

Hi TL I'm sure that craig can help.