Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 12 Nov 2007, 08:43 (Ref:2065422)   #1
Damo74
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Damo74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OZ F1 Racing Magazine

Do you other Aussies get sick of F1 Racing magazine never coming out on time. This has been a gripe of mine for years.

It always seems to come out between 1 and 2 weeks after the British and US versions. That seems strange in this modern age. Surely the magazine could come out worldwide within a couple of days of each other.

Last months mag said that this months would be out on the 9th of November, but we are yet to see it.

I will keep buying it because it is a great mag, and really the only F1 choice in Australia, but it is just very frustrating>
Old 12 Nov 2007, 12:37 (Ref:2065550)   #2
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it the same version as we would read in the UK or the US? I assume so. That said, I don't buy it all that often - and sometimes when I do I'm disappointed...
Old 12 Nov 2007, 13:29 (Ref:2065583)   #3
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it is a very shortened version of the UK mag with very little local info put in it. IIRC it is only ever 99-100 pages. I don't buy it and I won't waste my money on it, very little info for WAY too much cost.

Last edited by MacMan; 12 Nov 2007 at 13:31.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 14:33 (Ref:2065625)   #4
PK Kart
Racer

England
Sussex
PK Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's the same one we get here, I don't know why anyone would be bothered when it comes out.
Full of patronising, uniformative drivel written by egotistical, condascending and smug show offs. A magazine for people who know nothing about the sport beyond F1, and very little about that.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 15:10 (Ref:2065656)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Kart
Full of patronising, uniformative drivel written by egotistical, condascending and smug show offs.
It's OK, Matt Bishop has left now.

Seriously, it is dire stuff I have to agree. Hate is a strong and inappropriate word but, alas, I shall use it. I hate this magazine. Everything about it is useless. The most expensive toilet paper I have ever used.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 15:34 (Ref:2065667)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I used to like F1 Racing when I was about 12. Can't remember the last time I actually bought a copy of it, although I'm guessing they've been going ga-ga over Lewis all this year.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 12 Nov 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2065957)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Kart
A magazine for people who know nothing about the sport beyond F1, and very little about that.
Although i'm about to cancel my subscription, your post implies that the magazine's readers know little, or indeed nothing of the sport, do you assume that as a (current) reader, i know nothing of the sport?
Old 12 Nov 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2065964)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, F1 Racing readership is split into two.

One side buys because they think they are going to be knowledgeable about F1 by reading it.

The other buys it because they like F1 but then feel patronised by the time they reach page five. Nevertheless, they feel they have learned a lot about Matt Bishops recreational activities of the past month.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 20:57 (Ref:2065978)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
So what your saying then is that i'm f..... .....d
Old 12 Nov 2007, 21:07 (Ref:2065989)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes. It's not a good outcome for either side I must say.

This is why I cancelled. And why you are no doubt.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 21:10 (Ref:2065992)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It's OK, Matt Bishop has left now.
Oh natch.
Quote:
Seriously, it is dire stuff I have to agree. Hate is a strong and inappropriate word but, alas, I shall use it. I hate this magazine. Everything about it is useless. The most expensive toilet paper I have ever used.
Indeed, mega natch.

I am using the term natch to mean I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 22:37 (Ref:2066072)   #12
PK Kart
Racer

England
Sussex
PK Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Although i'm about to cancel my subscription, your post implies that the magazine's readers know little, or indeed nothing of the sport, do you assume that as a (current) reader, i know nothing of the sport?
No, because you have seen the light, this leads me to assume that, like me, you have realized that spending nearly a fiver on a magazine designed for the coffee table of a hairdressers salon will not improve your knowledge, appreciation or enjoyment of the sport one iota and is a waste of a two pint voucher.

Last edited by PK Kart; 12 Nov 2007 at 22:40.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 06:45 (Ref:2066252)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo74
Do you other Aussies get sick of F1 Racing magazine never coming out on time. This has been a gripe of mine for years.

It always seems to come out between 1 and 2 weeks after the British and US versions. That seems strange in this modern age. Surely the magazine could come out worldwide within a couple of days of each other.

Last months mag said that this months would be out on the 9th of November, but we are yet to see it.

I will keep buying it because it is a great mag, and really the only F1 choice in Australia, but it is just very frustrating>
I had a subscription to the Australian version from 1997-2005......

I gave up on it after 2005 though when i saw Fernando Alonso win the World Championship on the Sunday night......then on tuesday the latest edition came in the mail with the front cover reading "How Kimi can keep the title alive"
Old 13 Nov 2007, 11:46 (Ref:2066439)   #14
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, my subscription is ending...shame a few years back it was ok - or was I dreaming...

Quote:
The other buys it because they like F1 but then feel patronised by the time they reach page five. Nevertheless, they feel they have learned a lot about Matt Bishops recreational activities of the past month.
Amen to that...

I am almost convinced that by reading Womens Weekly you will find out more about F1 than by reading that smug piece of rubbish...