Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Mar 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2413573)   #1
Azza
Rookie

Azza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Brands Hatch

Just a few weeks away until the start of the season and I am planning on going to race day at brands hatch. Whats some tips for a first timer there? How much do i expect to pay for a taxi from the train station? Do they have support classes running thoughout the day? What are food prices like there or would it be better to bring a packed lunch?

thanks
Old 11 Mar 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2413659)   #2
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about taxi prices as I drive there, for the rest of it...

There will be racing through the day, probably starting about 9:30 or 10 - there is a link for the timetable on the official site at http://btcc.net/html/circuit_detail.php?id=1, the timetable isn't there yet but I should think it will be published pretty soon.

Food prices are par for the course for this kind of event, so expect to pay £4 - £5 for burgers/hot dogs etc - the official Brands food kiosks tend to be slightly cheaper than the burger vans though. I normally buy food at the circuits but take my own drinks.

You can't really go far wrong in terms of where you spectate from at Brands, on the Indy layout you can see pretty much the whole circuit from the top of Paddock Hill, I also like to spend some time on the inside of Druids - from there, although you can't see about half of the track, you're about as close to the action as you'll get anywhere, and there's usually plenty of (let's be polite and call it optimistic ) overtaking attempts there.

Enjoy it - I can't wait
Old 11 Mar 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2413674)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Azza,
Where will you be coming from, before you get the train?
Old 11 Mar 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2413711)   #4
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know if this has been discussed before. I will be attending this round and will leave Holland on Thursday. It seems you can only order tickets online but they told us that tickets will arrive around half March and will be send just after. Now we are afraid that tickets won't reach us in time. Does anyone have any experience with, I think it is, MotorsportVision that handles tickets.

And any other tips for someone who has never visited a circuit in the UK.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2413746)   #5
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some good advice from gregc. As regards food/drinks, we normally do the opposite and take our own food and buy hot drinks at the venue.

Facilities have been good recently and viewpoints are good all round the track.

Our own personal experience has been to avoid the pit-lane walkabout (just mindless crushing) and take the opportunity to visit toilets and other facilities. Once the support races are on you can get around the back of the pits a little bit and still get close to some of the support crew, who are mostly a kind bunch who'll pass the time of day with you.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2413754)   #6
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Timetable on the BARC website : http://www.barc.net/competitors/race_timetables/hq0903-01.php
Support classes are the Ginetta Juniors, Renault clios, formula renault Uk, porsche carrera cup GB and the ginetta G50's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCForums View Post
Does anyone have any experience with, I think it is, MotorsportVision that handles tickets.

And any other tips for someone who has never visited a circuit in the UK.
I personally have never had any trouble with the delivery of tickets, expect them to arrive about 2 weeks before (not 100% sure about holland though)

Regarding food and drink i strongly advise the bacon rolls! But i usually bring lunch and buy drinks there.

In terms of viewpoint if you are not buying grandstand seats, i would say go between paddock hill and druids (i think its called hailwood hill) . It is generally less busy than paddock hill bend and because there is not many leaves on the tree's at this time of year you get a good view of paddock hill, druids and graham hill bend.

It will be a brilliant day!
Old 11 Mar 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2413807)   #7
Azza
Rookie

Azza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be coming from the putney area of london. i see you can get grandstand seats, is it worth getting a grandstand seat or just wondering round?
Old 11 Mar 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2413843)   #8
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza View Post
i will be coming from the putney area of london. i see you can get grandstand seats, is it worth getting a grandstand seat or just wondering round?
PM sent.
I would wander around.
Could be wet & cold and the grandstands are open.
There's a lot of good viewing areas away from the grandstands.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2413876)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Azzz,

I don't suggest the grandstands - you just feel like because you've paid for your seat, you have to sit in it - and end up not enjoying the view from all round the track.

Tour around during the supports and try out all the viewing area's on your first go - you'll find a spot you like.

Food prices are extortionate, take your own food. If it's hot - buy an ice cream as a treat though

I'm moving this thread to the trackside forum so you can borrow from the general wealth of Brands Hatch visitors.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2413922)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza View Post
Another PM sent.
Let me know if it works.
If not, I will have to put the gist of it on here.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2415017)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got a taxi from Swanley a while back and think it cost me the best part of £20 one way - there was another thread on here about it but to be honest it was probably nearly two years ago now and I can't remember the exact figure. I tend to take snacks and if still hungry buy a j potato or something if wanted!
Old 16 Mar 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2416976)   #12
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The taxi fare for 2009 is £14 one way. Should be adequate taxis outside.