Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2010, 01:51 (Ref:2647884)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2010 Season Betting

Anyone places some money on the new season?

Here's two I have:

Schumacher for WDC - I put $50 at 6:1 odds
Schumacher to win Bahrain - $20 at $3.50 odds

Think I have some faith in Schuey?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 9 Mar 2010, 01:59 (Ref:2647887)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't and probably won't.

I still haven't got over my not betting on Button for the championship at 100-1 in pre-season testing last year, when I believed he wasn't merely running on fumes.

Quite nice odds you've got on Schuey there for the world championship.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2647891)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I knew how to place a bet I would have some money on Jenson. I might try and find a bookies and see if they can help me.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2647944)   #4
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont like Schumacher at 6-1 at all, I'd think he's a much bigger underdog. Look at the way he drove in the last couple of seasons in f1, add in a few more years, more hungry young up and comers and of course the uncertainty about the Mercedes 2010 car after Brawn being without sponsors for the majority of the 2009 season.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2647965)   #5
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good odds for Massa out there. Were even better a week or 2 ago
Old 9 Mar 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2648041)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I dont like Schumacher at 6-1 at all, I'd think he's a much bigger underdog. Look at the way he drove in the last couple of seasons in f1, add in a few more years, more hungry young up and comers and of course the uncertainty about the Mercedes 2010 car after Brawn being without sponsors for the majority of the 2009 season.
They were the best odds I've seen out there for Schumacher- Guess it shows the bookies still rate him!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 9 Mar 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2648046)   #7
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I put a tenner on Vettel when he was 6/1 for the championship although I didn't have total faith in my prediction so slapped it on each way.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't finish top 3 in points.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2648067)   #8
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never bet on a sports event, but am fascinated by the odds people get and who the bookies rate.
Something keeps running through my head.
Traditionally Mclaren's main championship rival is Ferrari. I would say this dates back to the mid 70's and all the hoohah between Enzo Ferrari and Teddy Mayer and various race decisions at the time.
But I somehow feel, that even if Ferrari have stolen a march on the field, Mclaren would accept this more than if Mercedes are ahead of them.
I think this is personal to Mclaren and they want to prove to Mercedes that they have made the wrong decision.
I don't think Schumi will be top 3, I really don't.
I think Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel will be the dominant trio this year, in alphabetical order of course!!!
Old 9 Mar 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2648152)   #9
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After sticking £50 on Kimi in 2008 and £20 on Vettel last year (at 33:! to be fair, as soon as the car launched) I think I may give this year's a miss.

I quite fancy Kobacrashy to get in the points in Bahrain, but odds are so low it's not really worth it.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2648161)   #10
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who do you NOT want to win? 'Cos as soon as I stick some money on them, they are doomed!