Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 12 Nov 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2789270)   #1
RJR
Rookie

RJR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bert Avard. is he still with us?

hello i am doing some research on a car and have a letter from Bert Avard to his customer in 1967 for work done on a lotus twin cam.

is he still alive or has he passed on.
any info would be greatly welcome.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2789272)   #2
oneofapair
Racer

oneofapair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if he is still about, think he had something to do with Ford motor company,also I believe involved in the running of East Anglian race team with Alan Peer, Roger Taylor as drivers. In the late sixties I worked for a company that had the contract for modifying heads for Ford comps dept and Bert Avard used to call occasionally to "oversee" progress. some useless info probably but might help jog things along. Good Luck.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2789356)   #3
oneofapair
Racer

oneofapair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is an extract from an earlier/another post. Do a search for "Fastest 1 litre saloon"or BERT AVARD. There is more info in that post.

It would be interesting if someone had written a history of East Anglian Racing Team and also for Perdal from up north in Newcastle.

From what I remember of EART they were all (or mostly) Ford development engineers from Dunston. Alan Peer and Roger Taylor were the most successful drivers in the larger engined cars, originally 1650cc pushrods then 1800cc twincams, but quite a few other drivers drove other EART entered cars over the years Brian Keen and Brian Peacock are names that spring to mind but I'm sure there were many more. Later, Alan Peer drove a 1 litre car in the British saloon car championship (or whatever it was called). There was someone else on the 'management' side who's name I can't remember - a friend of mine bought a 1500cc roadgoing Anglia from him in the early 70s.