Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 May 2004, 16:09 (Ref:958681)   #1
MD2K
Rookie

MD2K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 on TV in the USA

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on these forums so please excuse me if this question has been asked before.

I have recently moved from the UK to Florida and am missing my fortnightly fix of F1. Can anyone tell me if the races are broadcast on TV here and if so on what channel? I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. :confused:

Many thanks
MD2K
Old 2 May 2004, 16:28 (Ref:958690)   #2
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Speed channel and TSN both cover F1 races live here in Canada so I would say speed channel for you.
Old 2 May 2004, 21:10 (Ref:958836)   #3
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I lived in Europe, SKY SPORTS carried the races. I know that on some forums, there is a lot of talk about how bad the commentators are on some stations so good luck.
Old 3 May 2004, 00:02 (Ref:958938)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your in good shape MD2K.

Check out Speed Channel with your local cable company. They cover every F1 race, and do a decent job of it, even though they do it remotely from there studios. Bob Varsha, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett, along with commentary by Peter Windsor, are the commentators, and I find them knowledgable and entertaining.

They cover both qualifying sessions, and the race live. That can be abit of a problem, as you have to wake up at about 7:30 AM for the Euro races and for Japan, Malaysia, and Australia, it means staying up to the wee hours. They do show re-plays for the less hard-core though, at more respectable hours.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the US!

Danica Patrick
Old 4 May 2004, 13:06 (Ref:960393)   #5
MD2K
Rookie

MD2K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the help everyone, I will have to give the cable company a call to see if they have Speed.

Cheers,
MD2K
Old 4 May 2004, 13:10 (Ref:960400)   #6
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If your local cable company does not carry Speed (and not all of them do, although I would suspect those in Florida to have that channel...), as an alternative the common satellite tv providers carry Speed...

Old 4 May 2004, 14:36 (Ref:960452)   #7
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MD2K if your cable company does not carry Speed, try direct TV that is the ceapest and I believe they even have some British chanells. Well at least that was the case when I lived in the US (4 years ago).

Cheers,
Old 4 May 2004, 20:29 (Ref:960823)   #8
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: F1 on TV in the USA

Quote:
Originally posted by MD2K
I have recently moved from the UK to Florida and am missing my fortnightly fix of F1. Can anyone tell me if the races are broadcast on TV here and if so on what channel? I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. :confused: Many thanks MD2K
No need to , please. The schedule can be found at http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/. One must look for the very small "Schedule" tab near the top of the screen. If your cable provider is "Brighthouse Networks", it will be found on ch 32. They regularly re-broadcast on the Sunday of the event starting ~21h00. In addition, the local newspaper's TV listing can be of some help, however Sunday morning is relegated to very small type and minimal information (could say "Auto Race" and nothing more).
Old 26 Nov 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3336940)   #9
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will NBC still be covering it next year ?
Old 26 Nov 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3336956)   #10
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

They signed a 4 year deal in late 2012, so one would assume that the answer is 'yes'.