Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2001, 05:56 (Ref:161803)   #1
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi 2002

European Minardi team boss Paul Stoddart has insisted his team will be on the grid for the start of next season, despite talk of financial recession hitting Formula 1.
Stoddart, who also owns an aviation business, has voiced his concerns that the terrorist attacks on America and the expected resultant world-wide recession could cause problems for most the teams on the grid.

But the Australian boss is confident his team, one of the sport's smallest, will be there for the start of next season in his homeland, despite missing out on FIA travel subsidies after failing to score a point in 2001.

"It's probably not fair to comment on other teams, but I would say that I think we'll be there next year and I expect most of the others to be there too," said Stoddart.

Stoddart, however, said that he has doubts over the situation rivals Prost are in and said it is up to his counterpart Alain Prost to decide if he wants to plough funds into his own operation to keep it alive.

Stoddart added: "I think there is only one person who knows the answer to the Prost problems and that's Alain himself. I can't see a scenario in which I won't get there. The others, bar one, I think will feel the same. But if Prost wants to put money into it, well, it's a personal decision. His choice."

Prost are thought to be struggling to finance their Ferrari engine supply and have yet to announce a new deal, or a driver line-up, for 2002.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 11:32 (Ref:162446)   #2
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GOOD LUCK MINARDI!!!!! i am sure they will get there, they always do
Old 18 Oct 2001, 12:07 (Ref:162461)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Keep the good work Paul !
Old 19 Oct 2001, 12:22 (Ref:162873)   #4
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the question is: SHOULD PROST AND MINARDI MERGE?? It COULD be their only chance of surviving till 2003. So long as it's still called Minardi and retains everything that IS Minardi, I would be in favour, especially if another team joins the grid to replace them (not just Toyota). They did it in the past with Scud. Italia and it worked. So long as it's Minardi, it COULD just be the answer.

But then again, would it work out so neatly in reality??
Old 19 Oct 2001, 14:30 (Ref:162943)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TRISTAN!
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT!
Old 19 Oct 2001, 15:16 (Ref:162956)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
But the question is: SHOULD PROST AND MINARDI MERGE?? It COULD be their only chance of surviving till 2003. So long as it's still called Minardi and retains everything that IS Minardi, I would be in favour, especially if another team joins the grid to replace them (not just Toyota). They did it in the past with Scud. Italia and it worked. So long as it's Minardi, it COULD just be the answer.

But then again, would it work out so neatly in reality??
You mean they sum up their debts ???????

They'll sink faster !!!
Old 21 Oct 2001, 06:58 (Ref:163436)   #7
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet Niki Lauda's glad he got rid of his airline...