Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2002, 02:38 (Ref:238913)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FORGET THE DRIVERS_IT'S THE fia's FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a racing incident mostly.What are we going to do about the stupid stewards is what i want to know?!!

Last edited by RWC; 19 Mar 2002 at 02:39.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 11:49 (Ref:239194)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get an all British panel. We're the only nation that always gives an unbiased discision, the Eurovision song contest proves that .
Old 19 Mar 2002, 11:54 (Ref:239198)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
hire a team that does the job at every gp, and as silly as this may sound, hire people who are not interested in motorsport! then we won't see them favouring 1 team over another! they'll just look at it and say driver x was wrong and not driver x was wrong but we'll penalise driver jpm!
Old 19 Mar 2002, 13:01 (Ref:239255)   #4
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you've just hit the nail on the head, Mr V. And that's exectly why it will never happen.

I mean, come on, this is the FIA...
Old 20 Mar 2002, 02:49 (Ref:239844)   #5
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about if they write the rules in a less ambigious manner?
Old 20 Mar 2002, 03:18 (Ref:239861)   #6
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i just can't believe there is so much dissention on what is and isn't sporting. this is compounded by the fact that so many people apportion blame by what color car does what.

I think if you painted all the cars yellow and had them run into each other, most of the people would not know who to blame for what because they don't know which one is their favorite driver.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 11:24 (Ref:240001)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Second that, Doctor. All the more ridiculous that the stewards and the FIA allow themselves to be accused of the same thing. This kind of scadal has affected boxing quite a few times and birings the whole sport into disrepute.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 14:38 (Ref:240160)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Austin: that's EXACTLY what I've been trying to post (and failed to) since sunday, as are most of the posts in this topic. Well done. We've had some UTTER nonsense posted in this forum lately. This makes a refreshing change.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 15:13 (Ref:240179)   #9
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or there's this alternative approach to the sitution

MB:"And the lights are off! And its a Minardi that pulls away from pole this time! - and cuts across to the right to head off the Arrows which had made a great start. But the Arrows has come back around the Minardi, drawing up alongside on the left as they come up upon the breaking area now. Can they make it through the first corner - its been a clean start so far - But No, the Minardi and Arrows have collided at the first turn, they've run wide at the exit..."

JA: - "And that looks like the Minardi front wing under the Arrows there... I'm sure I can see it, Yes it's come off look... I'm sure we'll see in the replay what happened, but a disaster for the Minardi here.... and Arrows has fallen back, it managed to stay on the track, but has dropped several places."

MB: - "And the Minardi is going to have to complete an entire lap without the front wing now..."

JA: - "Well, heartache here for the Minardi team, the second week in a row the've been on pole, and lost it in an incident at the first corner...."

Would the stewards reaction and decision be the same...
Don't know.

But that's the most times I've written "Minardi" and "Arrows" in a post. And the first time a sentence contained, "Minardi" and "pole" !

MB=Martin Brundle
JA=James Allen
Old 20 Mar 2002, 15:18 (Ref:240186)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Or there's this alternative approach to the sitution

Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow

JA: - "And that looks like the Minardi front wing under the Arrows there... I'm sure I can see it, Yes it's come off look... I'm sure we'll see in the replay what happened, but a disaster for the Minardi here.... and Arrows has fallen back, it managed to stay on the track, but has dropped several places."

JA: - "Well, heartache here for the Minardi team, the second week in a row the've been on pole, and lost it in an incident at the first corner...."

JA=James Allen
was i the only 1 falling asleep when imagining james allen saying this? fortunatly, every time i imagined martin brundle and his "part" i perked up again!!
Old 20 Mar 2002, 16:13 (Ref:240233)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, wait a minute... Dr Austin was saying that our (the fans) responses would be different if we (the fans) didn't have favourites, not that the stewards have favourites. The bad bit is that people think that the stewards have favourites - it should be a fairly simpe managerial task to install a team of stewards whose impartiality could be assured. The current system seems arcane and not appropriate in such a big money sport.

Just wanted to make the distinction.

Last edited by Glen; 20 Mar 2002 at 16:15.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 16:17 (Ref:240237)   #12
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is an interesting topic, which reminds me of the very laws that govern us all. When people break the law consistently, do we need to start looking at the people that enforce these laws? As children, most of us are testing our boundries to see what we can or can't get away with. While I do not like children misbehaving, or people breaking the laws, if you have expectations, you MUST have consequences if those expectations are not met.

All of these teams are pushing the limits of legality. Sometimes they get caught, sometimes they don't. The drivers are no different. While I am not endorsing dirty tricks in the factories, the pits, or behind the wheel, but until the rules are enforced, and enforced evenly, I can't blame anyone for what they do or attempt to do. People don't like what the "deliberate and instinctual" Schumacher does, go after the FIA. I am more than sure that Michael doesn't read these posts and if he did, I am sure he is not likely to change anything about his driving style. Just like bad kids, they are not likely to change on their own.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 16:27 (Ref:240252)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
it doesn't help though, when 1 of the stewards at sundays race is a self confessed ferrari fan, who has also been apart of controvercies before where ferrari have benefited (silverstone '98 springs to mind) i'm not saying that they gave jpm the penalty just to try and aid ferrari,but it may be a lot easier to accept if the bloke giving the penalty hadn't publicly stated his favourites or prefrences!

could you imagine, manchester united winning the fa cup, AFTER the referee publicly saying he was a manchester utd fan? there would be uproar and a sense of wether justice had been done in certain decisions made during the match!
Old 21 Mar 2002, 11:59 (Ref:240780)   #14
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Y'know that man who does the commentry on ITV football?? Him and Ron Atkinson... CLIVE TILDSLEY!! That's it!!

HE'S a Man Utd fan, and even him COMMENTATING on a United match gets on my wick.

A review of the stewards SHOULD take place, but any other action would be a knee-jerk response. The DRIVER'S actions on Sunday were fine IMO, even that "chop". All within the rules, a little dirty, but that's what I WANT!! Racing!!! We were denied this by a poor call from upstairs, not by anything that happened on the track.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 16:46 (Ref:240977)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Splatz your Minardi/Arrows scene is totally unrealistic - JA didn't use the word "monster" twenty seven thousand times.