Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2002, 13:04 (Ref:252687)   #1
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR + Richards = WINNER says JV

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/article.html?ref=8995

I would really like to see this team succeed. Maybe this combination will bring about the necessary changes needed to produce victories. JV seems to think so. I agree. I want to see Honda WINNING!!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 13:12 (Ref:252692)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, me too. 2000 provided a snapshot of how BAR CAN work. Sadly, it seems we have lost that and gone back to 1999. But, yes, the ingredients are now there. Finally. Time to start winning.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 15:40 (Ref:252784)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In other word's - ' I will never get paid as much anywhere else - so I think they're a great team and BTW I never said I would leave if my mate Pollock got the boot'.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 15:45 (Ref:252789)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
now that craigs gone (as team boss at least) and the super shrewd dave richards is at the helm, do you think that he'll give into JV's wage demands? if not, JV could find himself in the dodgy position of the one team he can rely on (bar) giving him the ultimatum, cut ya demands or ship out!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 19:53 (Ref:252937)   #5
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he'd be able to take it. And where would he go if he had the choice? Jaguar? Yeah right.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 5 Apr 2002, 20:22 (Ref:252946)   #6
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think wage alone can keep him in BAR. After all he will not be in need of money for the rest of his life. He has put a lot of time and effort into the team. Lets say he goes to Toyota next year and BAR finally comes to life. There would be another driver reaping the fruit from the seeds he planted. Right now I think BAR needs drivers that give excellent feedback and with good knowledge of the cars. They are in a building phase and wont be contenders for at least another two years. If there is someone more qualified than JV to do this at BAR I think they should get rid of him. There is no need for a #1 driver at BAR. What is the point in being the number one driver and qualifying 15th. I think he is a good racer. He has a lot of heart and wants to win. However, if the money they pay him can go into making the car significantly better I think they should let him go.
If I were JV I would try to stay at BAR as long as they want me. He has a WDC. He will never achieve what MS has. He does not have that kind of luck. BAR has to improve, so does Honda. Once it comes together he more than anyone else will deserve their first win.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 21:32 (Ref:253000)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jacques, in my mind, is too good for today's F1. He doesn't have the raw talent of Schumacher, maybe not Montoya, but otherwise he can adapt to a car quickly and drive the wheels off. Unfortunately his personality (for instance his hatred of promotional activities, which has put teams like McLaren off him even though he's much mroe talented than DC) and tendency to appear as the odd man out, plus excessive loyalty to Craig and BAR, appear to have curtailed his success. I think he should've took the Benetton drive, and now he'd have the Renault under him, but that's not how Jacques workds- to him, a friend in need (Craig when he was at BAR) isn't someone to forsake (contrast this to Frank's hardnosed but ultimately successful policy of routinely axing champions whose wage demands get too high)

He could be right about Richards being a good addition to the team, but I'm not sure Hodna are right. They may have been dominant over 10 eyars ago, but can they compete now? I hope this new engine is something special, JV and Fisichella are too good to have no points yet.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 22:11 (Ref:253029)   #8
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
I'm not sure Honda are right. They may have been dominant over 10 years ago, but can they compete now? I hope this new engine is something special, JV and Fisichella are too good to have no points yet.
I'd like to think Honda isn't very happy about how things are going for Toyota right now. They have to feel like they (Honda) have egg on their face. That should be motivation enough unless Honda is in a cash pinch......DOUBTFUL. I think Richards will bring results. He's a winner. So IS Honda!!!

Last edited by rollhoop; 5 Apr 2002 at 22:13.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 23:01 (Ref:253037)   #9
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Honda Engine for Imola, JV will get one, and apparently it is a massive improvement on speed and reliablilty. New design team, and Dave Richards should all culminate to produce success. In a year or two.

JV's Loyalty is commendable, and where would he go? Renault, Briatore has tried to get him several times before.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 23:01 (Ref:253038)   #10
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaaaaahhh, the beginnings of a successful partnership hopefully are now in the BAR mixing bowl and with a little luck, next year could be a big push forward for the struggling outfit.On reflection I'm really suprised on the conditions of the previous arrangement with Reynard. Easy to say this now but the terms do seem quite a difficult way to run a team.Teams need a clear leader, with the authority to do whatever it takes to win.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 23:22 (Ref:253055)   #11
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
"and apparently it is a massive improvement on speed and reliablilty" That was never said. In fact quite the opposite is true.
Old 5 Apr 2002, 23:33 (Ref:253068)   #12
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
So far this year its all-new V10 has been something of a disappointment. In a bid to ensure reliability the RA002E has been run at reduced revs, which has left drivers Jacques, Villeneuve, Olivier Panis, Giancarlo Fisichella and Takuma Sato with a horsepower disadvantage to many of their rivals.
Both BAR and Jordan tested the evolution of the
motor, which has increased revs and reduced internal friction, at Valencia earlier this week.
"We did some good work with Honda and have certainly improved the driveability of the car for the next race," said BAR's Panis. "We have to wait and see how things go for us in Imola but I feel that we have made a small step forward since Brazil."

There has been some discussion about Jacques lack of work ethics off hte track. In these days where money is tight, it is absolutely necessary for all drivers in each team to perform during testing and off track promotions. Just getting to meet a formeer WDC can entice a sponsor to the team, and Jacques must do his part for the team to succeed.
As for Honda, I an only say the jury is still out. I am not going to get overly enthusiastic over some results from a few days of testing at Valencia. Just remember that Williams were running incredible mileages to ensure the reliability of their BMW engines. Honda must do the same, and do it in very hot conditions.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 01:50 (Ref:253129)   #13
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV has become too comfotable at BAR as result of Craig Pollock who was perhaps lenient on his star driver. Richards seems to be the type of person who will put his boot in someones backside if he doesns't think their pulling thier weight. And can sit JV down and give him the sh**s that French Canadian sometimes deserves.

Richards has the team moving in the right direction but it will take a few years for his actions to see results as he tries to clean up the mess left behind by Craig Pollock.

Last edited by Mantis13; 6 Apr 2002 at 01:51.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 08:48 (Ref:253240)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope JV can be at the podium at least once this year.
Old 7 Apr 2002, 17:55 (Ref:254275)   #15
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoepfully at least once will be at the Canadian G.P. Unfortunatly his only hope for a podium at this point in the season will have to be during a race of attrition.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 13:34 (Ref:255641)   #16
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope there's reason to be optimistic....they've been telling same stuff for years...
Old 9 Apr 2002, 20:41 (Ref:255976)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mantis13
Unfortunatly his only hope for a podium at this point in the season will have to be during a race of attrition.
i think either honda powered team would take anything they could get at the moment! a race like australia where jag and minardi "lucked in" for want of a better word could make so much difference at the end of season.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 21:06 (Ref:255992)   #18
f1canada
Rookie

f1canada should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques et al...

Richards is a huge gain for BAR. Yet Honda just doesnt seem to be able to get it together. And the chassis is still sub par. This will be another frustrating season at BAR. The negatives simply outweigh the positives.
Old 11 Apr 2002, 16:21 (Ref:257373)   #19
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
It is not just Honda. But they are a big part. I hope that they can climb the ladder at a faster rate from now on. So instead of Imola, I must now sit in silent lucidity awaiting Canada.