Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Jun 2002, 21:22 (Ref:316519)   #1
quickwolf
Rookie

quickwolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sweethearts??

A couple of years ago you had the sweethearts program where people would donate and, I believe, get their name on your car and also stuff from you?? Did you guys actually do that? Put the names on the car and send out stuff? That's pretty neat.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 22:45 (Ref:316568)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
This topic is obviously directed to Miss Kavanagh who has signed up as a forum affiliate...
Old 18 Jun 2002, 23:52 (Ref:316594)   #3
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how special...

I had some friends who worked at AtlasF1 who had their names appear on a Sarah K car even though they never did anything towards it. A little amused, a little confused
Old 19 Jun 2002, 05:57 (Ref:316691)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes my name is also on her site.Don't know if it was ever on the car,as I only saw the Jordan up close once,in a dark garage at Zolder.Story I got from her manager was that the money was held for 'emergencies' no money was ever collected from my account.A nice idea,but unlikely to make much of a dent in the budget needed for a F1 car.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 06:13 (Ref:316694)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
Yes my name is also on her site.Don't know if it was ever on the car,as I only saw the Jordan up close once,in a dark garage at Zolder.Story I got from her manager was that the money was held for 'emergencies' no money was ever collected from my account.A nice idea,but unlikely to make much of a dent in the budget needed for a F1 car.
Ah! now I see what has happened here.When you link to the discusion forum on Sarah's site(which so far had only about one post per month) you are linked to the single seater forum of 10/10ths.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 10:16 (Ref:316807)   #6
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

sarahkavanagh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes our own forum was terrible to say the least. We were delighted to have the opportunity to use Craig's forum.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 10:25 (Ref:316816)   #7
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

sarahkavanagh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sometimes the Sweethearts programme was really, and i kid you not, the difference between eating and not!! Really amazing people wanted to help in some way realising how financially difficult this thing is. So we accepted donations which went wherever it was needed.

We closed the programme in 2000 because it might have been embarrassing for one or two of our sponsors who may have felt it made them look bad.

We keep on record every person who ever made a donation to my programme, and many will tell you it's worked out well for them. You can see on the site how many we have had at races etc. We kind of have an open door policy regarding those people and some have become great friends. some are on the list for doing things that really helped my career, AtlasF1 is one of those btw.

Sometimes, as in Rob29's case, we never took the money if times were good. But each donation whether used or not really made a difference to morale, the support often kept me going when the only option was to quit!

The programme is up and running again now, and we're refining it every day, we're going to build a few nice things into it and not worry about how the sponsors feel, cos frankly we need the money!!

Best regards,

Sarah
www.sarahkavanagh.com