Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Jul 2002, 19:18 (Ref:334440)   #1
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
W.s.b.brands

Well its that time of year again , remember last year the hottest weekend of the year, whats the chance of that, this year, Well the weather has settled down nicely (in the south that is not sure about up north?). last year was my first visit to the Worlds at Brands and the week before going we read a article in the Motor Cycle News, Warning of all the bad things that happen at Brands every year, Well as i was going with the wife and it was our 25th wedding anniversary on the saturday we were nearly put off. How wrong could Motor Cycle News be, it was bloody fantastic we had such a great time i must of bored the pants off everyone i know for months afterward telling them about it. So i hope M.C.N are a little more upbeat this year, I know there was some aggro but when you put that many people in one camp site and everyone including myself drink gallons of beer(well it was hot) then its a credit to all the people that attended who showed so much good spirit and we made many good freinds who we still keep in touch with now, and this year we will all be meeting up and and hopefully sharing the odd beer or ten. If like me you are suffering from sleepless nights thinking about the end of july then i know you will also have a wicked time .ENJOY.
Old 16 Jul 2002, 07:13 (Ref:334717)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biggest race weekend of the superbike year.

Any word on who the wildcards will be?
Old 16 Jul 2002, 07:44 (Ref:334737)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Half the British Superbike field no doubt!

This will be the only chance Hodgson has a shot at taking a win, but even at Laguna Bayliss and Edwards were the eventual winners, so even home-ground advantage is proving to mean nothing this year.
Old 16 Jul 2002, 12:47 (Ref:334948)   #4
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should be amazing this round. What you think of Bostroms chances after his strong showing last year. Haga hopefully may pull something out of the Aprilla
Old 16 Jul 2002, 13:02 (Ref:334963)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haga and Bostrom, like the rest, will be fighting for third spot.
Old 16 Jul 2002, 13:32 (Ref:334992)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Haga continues his Laguna form (minus the stacks) he could challenge them, I wouldn't count out Hissy either.
Old 26 Jul 2002, 21:09 (Ref:343632)   #7
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
W.S.B.Brands

Its 6pm we have just returned from brands having spent two days there. The weather was hot, The qualifying even hotter, poor old Frankie Chilli looked like he was about to do the unthinkable and out qualify everone, However in the last 3 minutes no fewer than 4 riders out gunned him.

1st Bayliss
2nd Edwards
3rd xaus
4th Hodgson
5th Chilli
6th rutter
7th byrne
8th walker
9th Borja
10th harga

On the thursday they had a paddock show and pit lane walkabout in aid of sport relief, this was excellent, i managed to get all the main contenders autographs and all of them posed for photos with the wife . i was very impressed with the all the riders giving time to their fans particually, chris Walker, Neil Hodgson, and James Toseland, Neil explained why he was not going quite as well as he could, he said " i am spending so much time showing james where to brake,where the apexes are and how to ride. This bought much amusement to the crowd.I felt sorry for Frankie he was trying to sell merchandise from the back of his hospitality unit and was a perfect example of how to endear yourself to your fans. Anyway after a bit of a crisis at home we were forced to cut short our weekend and return home. there was a few annoying Hic-ups and i am sure others will pick up on these and report on them later, but what a fantastic weekend in prospect, and i am stuck at home. Oh Well at least that s### Big Brother is just finishing, Hoooooray.