Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:02 (Ref:419629)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Return of Speedvision?

http://www.speedtwo.com/

This is a proposed website run by the old Speedvision.com journalists and they are doing a survey to see what we think of the idea. Some day they might bring back the old Speedvision, but right now they're bringing back the website.

These are the guys who were fired by SpeedTV. I loved their website and their writing and I've voted YES!

Go over and let them know what you think.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:08 (Ref:419631)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I click the link but the page doesn't show...
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:14 (Ref:419634)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry, SpeedTwo, but I never pay for web content. If I want any motorsport news, there are countless websites to look into. And as far as the rumour mill goes, that's what makes TenTenths so fun!
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:58 (Ref:419682)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mac, do you also not pay for magazines? If you do, you have to look at SpeedTwo as an online equivalent.

I'm not interested in paying them because I pay dailysportscar for sportscar-only, and don't need a general-purpose racing (online) mag. I don't buy Autosport either.

(Aside - I've been thrilled with the access dsc has given, as sportscars are so poorly documented otherwise. I don't think you can say that about other motorsports, although an open-wheeled-specific without F1 might do the trick)

Last edited by paul-collins; 1 Nov 2002 at 19:01.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 1 Nov 2002, 20:06 (Ref:419752)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I told them I'd subscribe providing they left out Brock Yates and Jack Arute. Or they could charge extra to people who actually like them.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 21:28 (Ref:419791)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I used to subsribe to "ChampCar" (formerly IndyCar), and later to "Racer", but after getting a computer, I'd rather spend my money on an internet server. Not enough disposable income to subscribe to every website that interests me. Wish that wasn't the case, but that's life!
Old 1 Nov 2002, 23:05 (Ref:419889)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd pay for things I can keep (such as magazines... Champ Car, sorely missed) not for megabytes of info in the internet that I cannot keep.

Plus, I'd like more info on "who" are the people. I can't really remember the whole crew at speedvision...
Old 2 Nov 2002, 02:09 (Ref:419977)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jordi, I know what you mean about keeping the info. I've tried to archive dsc without success, as I'd like to keep a copy of what's been reported, but have been technically stymied. The dsc team think that it's legally ok, so long as I don't redistribute, but they haven't been able to help me thus far. I know they're thinking about this, and hope to help solve it in the near future.

That said, the sheer volume of quality reports, insider news and rumours (plus the immense increase in number of top-notch photos by some of the best motophotogs in the world) has made it totally worthwhile to me.

Mac, I'm paying for high-speed as well as the sub. That's because it's how I've allocated my cash. I have some money for a couple of mag subs, and have gone with dsc and Hockey News (hardcopy). I don't consider the money spent on dsc as computer-related, but magazine-related. That's how I came to accept the idea.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 2 Nov 2002, 08:51 (Ref:420018)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Sure, I miss getting the mags in the mail. Especially the photograhpy. But the "hot rumours" were old news by the time the mag got to my mailbox! Often the latest race reviews were two or three rounds previous. Would've been better if I picked them up at the newsstand.

And it saves room in the house, to be sure! As I've never thrown a racing mag in the garbage, I've got them all in a bunch of boxes in the backroom. I'd need to build an addition!
Old 2 Nov 2002, 13:27 (Ref:420147)   #10
Liz
Veteran

I've met a number of the dsc guys at various venues and it does add to the interest in reading the updates. And for a long race like Sebring or PLM the hourly updates are fabulous.

I used to get Inside Track and Performance Racing Nwes just for the Canadian racing, but their race reports are two rounds behind and it's useless for anything else. I may get PRN this year for the local stuff and subscribe to this speed thing instead.

I don't however think AR1 is worth it, although Mark has tried to hire me twice!
Old 3 Nov 2002, 04:24 (Ref:420533)   #11
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be lucky you all got Speed in what ever incarnation it has been.I have Comcrap as cable and for the last 7 years have been trying to get those fools to get the channell,and they still say no.As for the website,I clicked on it but they did not have a front page,at least AR1 has a front page and one can read what is going on.
The forums head dirtbag and headhog