Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 31 May 2000, 23:59 (Ref:6317)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get 'normal' Eurosport through cable - do I now get the same deal?? I don't get to see many of the live races any way as I'm usually travelling back from motor races..

But you have to watch CART live, the yellow periods gives you a chance to grab a beer and flick through FHM!! Highlights are no good, you have to concentrate, ie you only got one reply of Blundell ' CastreNeves crash...
Old 1 Jun 2000, 09:39 (Ref:6316)   #2
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does anyone else watch Cart on british Eurosport?
The coverage has become pathetic, last year all the races were live. In the races this year there has been 3 1h45min programs on sunday night. The only coverage they gave to the nazereth race was an hour highlights program!!. At the very least all the races should be shown on sunday night in full like the first three races.
The bad news is that the the two of the three races in june or only being shown in hour highlights!!!
You are most likely all american so you probably wont care!!!!
Old 1 Jun 2000, 12:44 (Ref:6318)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't understand why CART doesn't get Tv coverage worldwide like some other forms of racing do. I believe it has less to do with ABC Sports and more to do with Ohlmeyer Communications, the comapny that does all TV production for CART. I saw the Long Beach GP on Eurosport over in England in April, at 2:00am I might add, and the coverage seemed OK. At least it wasn't the constant droning of the US announcers. I bet the coverage in Brazil and South America is much better than the coverage in the US.
Old 1 Jun 2000, 15:04 (Ref:6319)   #4
Dave S
Racer

Dave S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm actually envious of you outside the US. The TV package for you all is changing for next season I've read with each country getting their own coverage. Last I heard the only area still foot dragging was Germany. We here in the US have to put up with this crud through next season, as the current contract runs until the end of 2001. CART is going to start looking for a new deal later this year. My fingers are crossed we'll get some relief from ABC.
Old 1 Jun 2000, 21:19 (Ref:6320)   #5
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

Eurosport just gets highlights on a wednesday night. But British Eurosport shows the race delayed on a sunday night, when they can be botherd.
The worst thing about it is i went and brought sky digital, just for british eurosport. The person from Eurosport promised me that half of the races would be delayed on a sunday night, and half would be live. But two of the races in june are only being given 1hour highlights because of the football!!!!!
Where did you find the info about cart on tv next year?

Old 2 Jun 2000, 12:00 (Ref:6321)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

jv... - tape the channel 5 version on tuesday mornings. waaay better than eurosport attempts at covering the race. i watched their highlights, and had to turn the sound down, the commentary was so atrocious ('there's a crash...and there's another...'). the ch. 5 option doesn't necessarily turn up on time, but it's worth a looksee. it also shows part of inside cart.
Old 2 Jun 2000, 13:47 (Ref:6322)   #7
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

You must have Eurosport, because british Eurosport is different, they decided to take LIVE cart of eurosport and put it on the britsh version. They do show the races in full unlike channel 5 where they miss bits out, and i cant wait till tuesdays i have to watch it on sundays!
British Eurosport has just started showing inside cart.
Old 2 Jun 2000, 15:19 (Ref:6323)   #8
Dave S
Racer

Dave S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read about 3 statements in the last 3 month's or so in Inside Championship Racing, a Pub. that I subscribe to. One was in an interview with A.C. where he states how unhappy CART is with the current situation & the deffinite neccesity of rectifying the TV situation at the earliest oportunity. Let's all hope for the best.

[This message has been edited by Dave S (edited 02 June 2000).]
Old 2 Jun 2000, 19:14 (Ref:6324)   #9
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have British Eurosport via cable digital and my neighbour has Eurosport via Analogue and the CART coverage has gone to pot, you are lucky to catch it recorded let alone live. I am really worried about CART because I love it so much, but things are happening to ruin it. For a start it should have decent TV coverage as it's 2nd only to F1. I cant get any Video reviews in the UK you have to buy the excellent review book instead. This year there are more drivers from countries other than the US and the races are going aborad which is great. But we have less chassis (i.e Penske, Swift) and Only one make of tires a la F1. There is an arguement about which European race to have if any Germany & England too?.... What's heppening?
Old 21 Jun 2000, 13:17 (Ref:18480)   #10
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any ideas what's happening next year yet ? Surely Eurosprout won't carry on with the contract if they can't even find a slot for it when it's a choice between it or an under-12's footie match between the Gambia and Israel

Sky Sports anyone ? Or, ideally, Channel 5 could show it live... hmmmmm....
Old 21 Jun 2000, 18:12 (Ref:18544)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

rumour has it that sky sports might take it on. what with the europe invasion and that, it would be a sensible thing to do.
channel 5 is a good alternative, although they finally showed the race on eurosport, and the commentary was much better. there's also much more post race stuff, although no driver interviews. major disappointment either way.
if you've just got to see that race, tape channel 5 on a monday morning dead early, and if you don't i'd wait for eurosport, although i have it on good authority that they never show anything at the right time.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 18:20 (Ref:18546)   #12
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just finished wayching the Detroit GP highlights on British Eurosport and was amazed that the channel had the gall to show an ad where they brag about their "extensive" coverage of CART. This year has beena disgrace. Last year, me and my mates foresook F1 GP's on Sundays when a Champ Car race was on instead. This year, however, we watch the F1 races as we don't know if Eurosport will be showing even the highlights on Sunday. Bad Show.
Old 30 Jun 2000, 09:59 (Ref:20459)   #13
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
British Eurosport are showing sundays CART race LIVE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are bound to mess it up by the under 12's bowls tournament running late.
Old 2 Jul 2000, 20:44 (Ref:20957)   #14
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART Races not convered

British Eurosport showed the clevland race tonight!!!........edited and recorded earlier.

Maybe the BBC will take it on, after all they lost all the other sports so they need something!
Old 4 Jul 2000, 19:53 (Ref:21477)   #15
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Eurosport only gave us an hour of the Portland race and it was very patchy. All of a sudden you find that someone who was at the back is in about 2nd place. C5 gaveabout 1h30mins of the same race. At least they showed what happened to Montoya.

Brit Eurosport showed "extensive highlights" of the Cleveland race. This was a 1 hour show which included 15 mins pre-race chatter! It wouldn't be so bad if they actually commentated on what we were being shown. Its so annoying when they say "As we previously said...", when they never actually said that in the show. Again, there were drivers suddenlu disappearing from the race. What happened to Paul Tracy? The first I knew he had retired was when Dario "joined Tracy in retirement". C5 was only scheduled to show a 1 hour programme anyway, so they get away with it. The BE coverage was advertised as being from 8 til 10.
Old 5 Jul 2000, 14:33 (Ref:21593)   #16
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The solution for this mess must be that one channel must start showing the races live again next year, preferably one that can be received in Norway, since this is where I live. My interest in CART is slowly disintegrating, and it's a shame because it is so much more interesting than F1 in terms of racing. But when you only get highlights on Wednesday or Thursday if you're lucky, you already know the result, and then - so what, doesn't matter if I miss it.

SPORT SHOULD BE SHOWN LIVE - NOT DELAYED. COME ON ANY RESPONSIBLE TV STATION, BUY THE RIGHTS AND SHOW THE CART RACES LIVE - ALL OF THEM!
Old 5 Jul 2000, 22:36 (Ref:21716)   #17
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

I feel sorry for you people in Norway, at least British Eurosport shows its pathetic excuse for race coverage on a sunday night.
Did any of you listen to Radio Autosport on Tuesday night??????
The British commentator for CART, Jeremy Shaw was a guest. They read out one of my emails, in this I complained about eurosports coverage. He said that all of the people responsible for making the program where annoyed that the coverage was being cut down, and that it was out of there control. Lets just hope that Eurosport sorts the coverage out for next year, or gives it to a channel who can fit LIVE races into its schedule.
I have got a solution for Eurosport, a new channel called Eurosport 2, dedicated to Motorsport 24 hours a day.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 18:33 (Ref:22084)   #18
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Eurosport are showing highlights of last Sundays Cleveland race at the moment. Strangley though the "highlights" are completely different to those shown on Sunday.

It looks like BE are actually showing the whole race, but splitting it into 3 or 4 highlights shows with different footage in each programme.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 18:46 (Ref:22086)   #19
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw the Cleveland race commercial free in Switzerland after the Euro 2000 finals!!!!! This magical channel is called Tele Montecarlo in France..... They show all the races.

By the way, why was Eurosport showing Euro2000 games taped delayed, with commercials, when regular TV shows them live, commercial free? How stupid can they be?
Old 26 Jul 2000, 13:47 (Ref:25806)   #20
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

The good news is that americans and Europeans will have better coverage next year, due to bobby rahal. He said that the coverage in America was "dirty", and that the network that owns the rights where just trying to get money when they sold the tv rights to Eurosport. Rahal has said that it is the most important thing to get the tv right for next year.