Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Who will win the Driver's Championship
James Thompson 7 17.50%
Yvan Muller 8 20.00%
Paul O'Neill 1 2.50%
Matt Neal 16 40.00%
Alan Morrison 4 10.00%
Tom Chilton 1 2.50%
David Leslie 0 0%
Phil Bennett 0 0%
Anthony Reid (if MG run) 2 5.00%
Warren Hughes (if MG run) 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Feb 2003, 00:12 (Ref:492476)   #1
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Driver's Championship

Out of those already signed who will win the Driver's Championship based on the likelyhood of him being a works driver?

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 1 Feb 2003, 00:32 (Ref:492496)   #2
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG are running, trust me, I have already been invited as a guest to a meeting of my choice!!
The car was in autosport too
Old 1 Feb 2003, 09:26 (Ref:492707)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MG are rumoured to be getting a new 4 cylinder engine, this is something that hasn't been directly stated by them, but they have reported in a press release they do have an engine that would fit the bill. If it's true, then I'll put my bets on Anthony.

If not them, then it'll have to be Matt Neal.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 12:52 (Ref:492847)   #4
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Despite the progess other teams (in particular Honda) made towards the end of last season, I still think it'll be a Vauxhall v. The rest battle. Therefore, I've got to go for an Astra driver - and I reckon this year'll be Yvan's turn. It's a cliché, I know, but he's been up front for ages, and he is owed the championship
Old 1 Feb 2003, 12:59 (Ref:492853)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Vauxhall were caught out a little last year when their engines started to detonate with alarming regularity at the start of the year. This caused them to play safe and turn down the wick in order that they didn't lose too many points for allowing an illegal number of engine changes to occur. You can be sure though that they have been busily working away to improve reliability over the winter months and they will be back at the front of the field again, as usual, in Vauxhall's centenery year.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 13:48 (Ref:492883)   #6
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm tipping Matt Neal for the title, he's in a very fast car, a good team and he proved that he can run up front,

Go Matt Neal and James Thompson!

(it'd be cool if Thommo won)
Old 1 Feb 2003, 14:40 (Ref:492910)   #7
lauz
Rookie

Scotland
scotland
lauz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that any one of the drivers has a chance of winning the title especially just now. we won't know what cars are going to be competitive from the start until the cars have raced each other on the track. but i think that it would be good to see honda and MG winning a few more races this year, and for vauxhall to be more challenged by the other teams.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 01:48 (Ref:493402)   #8
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is good is that there is a 'BUZZ' about this season. Vauxhall do not have an edge as much as previous seasons. MG, Honda and at times Proton were on the pace last year. I think there will be at least 4 drivers with a chance of winning after 10 rounds have gone. That is going by form so far.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 2 Feb 2003, 09:07 (Ref:493616)   #9
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that it should prove to be a very close year, wouldn't it be good to see the Championship going right down to the wire at the final rounds.
I still think it'll be Vauxhall, but they're going to have some tough competition from Honda and MG.
Right, that's it, there's my prediction which probably means that Vauxhall will end up pootling round at the back of the grid
Old 2 Feb 2003, 11:48 (Ref:493705)   #10
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would`nt it be great to see the likes of Honda and MG pushing Vauxhall all the way, i for one am boared with the constant Astra domination. I would like to see the likes of Mr Morrison, with his gritty all out passion to get the car going styly do a job this year on his fellow competitors. What ever happens, this season will be the one to make or break a few drivers, i think i`m looking forward more this year than last !
Old 2 Feb 2003, 12:09 (Ref:493715)   #11
kestrel
Rookie

kestrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Despite the progess other teams (in particular Honda) made towards the end of last season, I still think it'll be a Vauxhall v. The rest battle. Therefore, I've got to go for an Astra driver - and I reckon this year'll be Yvan's turn. It's a cliché, I know, but he's been up front for ages, and he is owed the championship
NOBODY is owed a championship ! It has to be earned ! Obviously there's something missing in his performance as he has had the best car for the past couple of years. It seems Mr Muller is an also ran!!!!!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 15:24 (Ref:493822)   #12
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He had worse reliability than Thompson last year. And he was thumped out of the title race the year before.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 18:06 (Ref:493949)   #13
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its uncertain who's going to win the championship, its kind of a throwback to the 2000 season when everyone except Vincent Radermaker and Colin Blair had a realistic chance of winning the title, it could boil down to whoever is able to string a few good results together and also gets the rub-of-the-green with reliability. I'll go for Matt Neal, although he hasn't been the luckiest driver in recent years so perhaps hes due for an upturn in fortune.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 19:01 (Ref:493992)   #14
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
OK, maybe not owed; but is deserving after 2 close-run attempts when maybe people argue that he deserved to win (but I don't want to get into that argument! )
Old 2 Feb 2003, 19:07 (Ref:494000)   #15
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year and the year before Yvan took him self out. He caused the fire in 2001 by cutting over the grass and you aren't going to win the 2002 championship by driving in to the door of Paul O'Neill
Old 2 Feb 2003, 22:15 (Ref:494202)   #16
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i vote Muller and i really hope he does win, its about time for him!!
Old 3 Feb 2003, 20:08 (Ref:495279)   #17
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im going for matt neal i recon though it will be a close run thing, with tommo pushing very hard. reid will not be far behind and offcourse muller though i hope neal wins it
Old 4 Feb 2003, 02:15 (Ref:495667)   #18
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by speedy king
Last year and the year before Yvan took him self out. He caused the fire in 2001 by cutting over the grass and you aren't going to win the 2002 championship by driving in to the door of Paul O'Neill
Gotta agree, (not to mention he closed the door on Plato in 2001 at Silverstone...) but that's off topic...