Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:59 (Ref:626908)   #1
beef cake
Rookie

beef cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to..

the Barwell Motorsport team and drivers Hines and Blencowe for a fantastic effort at Silverstone.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 11:50 (Ref:626988)   #2
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
I'll Second That, I know that Alan was really chuffed with his two podiums over the weekend which means now he's a clear third in the standings.

Roll on Rockingham

Jamie
Old 10 Jun 2003, 13:01 (Ref:627064)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They both did really well it was great to see them both on the podium for both races!! Now that Alan has had some decent time in the car he is getting better and better and as for Luke, he has adapted really well from the single seater to the honda civic. I wish them both continued success and lots more 1 2 finishes and a 1 2 in the overall championship.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 18:20 (Ref:627393)   #4
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't wish anyone bad luck, but Michael Bentwood, in my opinion is by far a better driver, his car isn't as well suited as the Civic, but he deserves the title, especially after the number of times he's lucked out in former years.

Back to Barwell, they have put together two great cars and are running them well. But with Six cars and 2 of them being Barwell it is a 50%chance of victory! Alan is getting better, and Luke is having a good year. But as I have mentioned before the title deserves to go to Bentwood!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 10:25 (Ref:628056)   #5
beef cake
Rookie

beef cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reido (you don't rule) - You can't say Bentwood deserves the title because he's lucked out in the past.

At the end of the day, he's done a deal to drive the BMW, which has advantages and disadvantages at different circuits - just like the Honda Civic does at other circuits.

A race driver does make a lot of his own luck (look at Schumacher!) but you wouldn't give Coulthard a World Championship because he's tried so hard over the past few years but had bad luck, would you?????

I think Hines and Bentwood will be neck and neck for the rest of the year. Whoever wins it will deserve it.

Also, did you know Hines broke the production lap record in qualifying? Oh, ok, lets give pole to Bentwood too shall we???!!!!!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 12:08 (Ref:628149)   #6
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with what you are both saying, Alan is one of my favourite drivers but I think the championship will be between Micheal and Luke. None of the cars have raced at the Rock so lets see who comes out on top!!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 12:16 (Ref:628164)   #7
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
Hear Hear Claire,

Really Annoyed that I won't be at the rock. But Duty Calls!!!

Please keep me informed of the proceedings over the weekend