Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:44 (Ref:654469)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Williams - constructors champions?

What are the chances of Williams overtaking Ferrari in the constructors championship?
They are only 3 points behind Ferrari.
Do people think that Silverstone will suit Williams? I heard Montoya say that "We will get a big shock at Silverstone" or words to that effect, inferring that their performance may drop off.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 08:46 (Ref:654519)   #2
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is a good chance of Williams overtaking Ferrari in the constructors cup.

After the Austrian GP, Williams were 29 points behind Ferrari, now just 4 races later its just 3 points.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 08:49 (Ref:654530)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone should be better for Ferrari/Bridgestone, but the gap is quite decent so perhaps a closer race which could go either way. The remaining races should suit Williams well enough though - don't forget they have proved their pace at several very different tracks recently. Williams for WCC.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 08:52 (Ref:654533)   #4
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think williams stand a good chance given recent performances, here's hoping they can carry it off, it'll be great to see!!
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:05 (Ref:654545)   #5
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless Barrichello lifts his game it seems certain that Williams will overtake Ferrari with the fact that their two drivers are usually both up towards the front.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:09 (Ref:654555)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Why won't Silverstone suit Williams?
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:09 (Ref:654556)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be very nice if Williams could pull it off!
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:26 (Ref:654565)   #8
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
very likely ... the only chance Ferrari has is Bridgestone start making some good tires . and "buricello" splits the two williams cars ...

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:31 (Ref:654572)   #9
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would of thought Team Willy would be on the money at their home GP. As for the constructors, if they continue the form they're showing at the moment, they'll be very hard to beat. So far, Juan and Ralf would seem a safe bet if they keep up the good work.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:33 (Ref:654573)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Why won't Silverstone suit Williams?
Not so much a case of not suiting Williams - more a case of the Ferrari liking it better round there. Cooler temperature is good for Bridgestone (as is any chance of rain). Severl articles I have read recently say that Ferrari should be much more competitive at Siverstone.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 09:56 (Ref:654592)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With their two drivers in top form, Williams have a perfect chance to take the WCC, considering Barrichello isn't doing that well, at the present time anyway...

If the two Willy boys keep up their present performances, the WCC will be leaving Italy and heading for Grove.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 10:05 (Ref:654597)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
but they could get the WDC ..

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Jul 2003, 11:33 (Ref:654672)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michael for the driver's title and Williams the constructor's looks the most likely to me. However, it does depend on the weather. The wet races so far suggest that Michaelin are still a long way behind in the rain, and may not be ahead in cooler conditions. The other races, other than Japan, are usually dry however.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 12:25 (Ref:654718)   #14
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Williams can take the WCC - and I believe they have the best chance in several years - both their drivers are going to have to continue to score podium finishes. This may bring some pressure on Rubens who has not exactly covered himself with glory so far this year. Can he respond? I am doubtful.

Old 7 Jul 2003, 19:50 (Ref:655157)   #15
BMW V10
Rookie

BMW V10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams consistantly finish high in the points with both of the drivers and have had great form lately. I would not be suprised if Michael could stretch his lead on RS and JPM a bit but Barrichello simply cannot keep up, so Williams look good for the WCC.
Old 7 Jul 2003, 19:54 (Ref:655163)   #16
lauz
Rookie

Scotland
scotland
lauz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
things seem to be going well for williams at the minute so i think that they have a good chance of overtaking ferarri in the constructers championship.