Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Sep 2003, 18:16 (Ref:732982)   #1
cdn girl
Rookie

cdn girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shortest work day

Since we just finished 9 bike races...started at 9am and finished at 1pm.I got home just in time to watch the start of the US grand prix.We shortened races and the riders were very well behaved.All to give eveyone a chance to get home before we get a visit from huricane Juan.What is your shortest day??
Old 28 Sep 2003, 18:41 (Ref:732999)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
9am ...to 7 pm...lol

seriously....2 years ago...donny was cancelled at bout 12.30 (i thinK).....cos of the rain
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:18 (Ref:733031)   #3
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MRO round in October at Brands Hatch last season had to be curtailed because of the bad weather - there was gale force winds and high level bridges were closed.

However, there was the hope until after dinner that the wind would drop - unfortunately it didn't and only the Sidecars got their share of the meeting.

That afternoon it took us two hours to get through the Dartford Tunnel and at least one motorway services was without electricity.

Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:24 (Ref:733662)   #4
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
I remember a Jaguar Car Club Meeting at Donington that was cancelled at Lunchtime due to the incredible rain flooding the track at Post 15 (between McLeans & Coppice) and 24 (Approach to Goddards). The sort of rain that made it all the way through your waterproofs.

Drove home 29 miles, pulled up on the drive and the neighbour was cutting the grass in his shorts and t-shirt, because of the heat. Was funny to see his and my wifes expression when my entire kit, waterproofs and overalls were dumped on the drive with little rivers of water running off them.....
Old 30 Sep 2003, 19:27 (Ref:735745)   #5
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi cdn girl, missed you at Indy this year.

Glad you enjoyed yourself though, hope Juan was not too bad for you.

Dave shared a room with Blueflagger & me, and was phoning several times to make sure he still had a roof.

Catch you soon
Old 30 Sep 2003, 21:41 (Ref:735944)   #6
cdn girl
Rookie

cdn girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we survived Juan...except for Kevin's new car which had a brush with a sign and now needs a new paintjob.The local track however is a different story.It got hit hard and the bathroms were destroyed.The city is a mess,we lost power for 24hrs and just got back my internet connection.I hope you guys did have some fun at Indy considering the weather.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 10:44 (Ref:739090)   #7
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My shortest day was at Lydden for their festival of motorsport, 9am till 1pm, hectic though with flying karts etc. And then second shortest also Lydden in the afternoon with the Stock on the oval circuit!! two different circuits - two meetings?
Old 3 Oct 2003, 11:24 (Ref:739170)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would feel cheated out of a days motorsport if anything finished prior to 6pm!
Old 6 Oct 2003, 02:31 (Ref:741484)   #9
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cdn girl - actually we had a lot of fun at Indy because of the weather. It made the races very interesting. Sorry you couldn't join us. Maybe next year with the earlier schedule?

Sorry to hear that Juan hit your track so hard, but glad to know you survived with little damage. I hope your track can be put back in racing condition quickly.

My shortest day was at Road America. We were sent out to our stations an hour late and called back in 1-1/2 hours later. A steady downpour had caused the concrete barriers on the hillsides to slide, creating several leading edges and washouts. We actually tapped the beer kegs at lunchtime. Racing resumed the following day.