Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Aug 2003, 20:25 (Ref:689953)   #1
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
F1 Rags

Are there any decent F1 magazines out there and if so which publication would you rate as the best?

I'm really NOT that intrested in a motorsport mag that features F1 but something that is exclusively F1.

Is the FIA rag any good?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Old 16 Aug 2003, 20:27 (Ref:689958)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's always AutoSchueysport, but then thats not supposed to be enclusively F1......
Old 16 Aug 2003, 21:22 (Ref:689991)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't go wrong with F1 Racing
Old 16 Aug 2003, 22:15 (Ref:690006)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, F1 Racing is the way to go. Has a good fair bit of everything in F1, though I miss the old cars being looked in detail...
Old 16 Aug 2003, 22:39 (Ref:690010)   #5
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
f1 racing is good, f1 magazine used to be a lot better than it is now tho
Old 17 Aug 2003, 04:14 (Ref:690098)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Racing is one i definately never miss.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 07:42 (Ref:690129)   #7
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I subscribe to, but although i do enjoy many of the parts of the magazine, i cant help but get annoyed at the extreme statements made on the front cover.

"Kimi - And why he is not Formula 1's fastest man"
"Ralf dishes the dirt" "Max Mosely tells it like it is - The teams wont like it, in fact, they'll hate it."
"Hakkinen reveals - All the stories he couldnt tell before."

Not of course that any of that has anything to do with the actual articles.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 11:43 (Ref:690277)   #8
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I agree totally twig...like the August 2003 edition of F1 Racing stating: "VILLENEUVE REVEALS what he'll be racing next year - and why" in which of course JV doesn't come close to talking about where he'll be racing next year, just goes on about his bar in Montreal and talking about the rough year he has been having....how can they be allowed to print such lies!?!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 12:30 (Ref:690297)   #9
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damn marketing....well, its either that there isnt another good F1 magazine out there, but the actual content is good, bar the front cover
Old 17 Aug 2003, 14:24 (Ref:690358)   #10
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Racing is the one to buy if you're an MS/Ferreri fan and want to worship them.

Last edited by Raven; 17 Aug 2003 at 14:25.
Old 17 Aug 2003, 17:15 (Ref:690433)   #11
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i am and i by F1 racing
Old 17 Aug 2003, 18:56 (Ref:690474)   #12
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being a nostalgic I prefer MotorSport.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 17 Aug 2003, 23:52 (Ref:690662)   #13
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I loved F1 Magazine when it first came out, it was different and had several articles about the old days of F1, things that were interesting to read, now it seems like any other magazine, lost its identity, I think it happenned when Berniecorp took it over, never realised Tilke worked in publishing aswell as track design!

Its annoying though because I got the 3 year subscription about 7 months before the change and quite frankly I'm a bit annoyed as I still get the mag, but I don't read or look through it like I used to, I have a flick through and then dump it in the cupboard with the others!
Old 18 Aug 2003, 02:11 (Ref:690714)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read them both, though I still prefer F1 Racing.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 02:14 (Ref:690716)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 Racing is pathetic and I stopped buying it long ago when it simply became F1 TGF Racing magazine...
Old 18 Aug 2003, 02:51 (Ref:690725)   #16
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to read F1 Racing. It had/has great technical articles and good takes on the politics of F1. However, I dropped it because the gossip level is unbearable and one of their "top" writers cannot leave the vilitrol out of his ink when he is writing about a driver he doesn't like personally. These guys are helping to make and break racing careers on their own personal whims. Very unprofessional journalism.

I dropped the suscription. I do miss the excellent photography but not the stories.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 06:05 (Ref:690778)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Yeah I agree totally twig...like the August 2003 edition of F1 Racing stating: "VILLENEUVE REVEALS what he'll be racing next year - and why" in which of course JV doesn't come close to talking about where he'll be racing next year, just goes on about his bar in Montreal and talking about the rough year he has been having....how can they be allowed to print such lies!?!
Maybe if F1Racing had printed "VILLENEUVE REVEALS what he is RUNNING next year" (as opposed to racing) then they went onto talk about his Bar then they wouldn't be that wide of the mark, after all, he's gonna have alot of time on his hands to run it

Last edited by Mr V; 18 Aug 2003 at 06:06.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 10:38 (Ref:690999)   #18
frostblade
Racer

frostblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Racing on the whole isn't Schuey biased, it's mainly Peter Windsor, who constantly goes on and on about how great he is in his column and the race reports. If they got rid of him it'd be the perfect mag
Old 18 Aug 2003, 12:55 (Ref:691134)   #19
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to write for F1 Racing, but I prefer to read F1 Magazine.

Personally I think it has been improved since the BernieCorp takeover.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 12:57 (Ref:691138)   #20
The Moon Monkey
Racer

Ireland
The Temples of Syrinx
The Moon Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to like "Grand Prix International" from the good old days! (last edition some time in 1986)...

F1 Racing is OK. Better than the "offical" Formula 1 magazine which is dull dull dull...
Old 18 Aug 2003, 12:59 (Ref:691144)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have just found out that Wirdheim works for the Swedish F1 racing magazine. He is the webmaster for them as well as woring on the main magazine. It's his day job!
Old 18 Aug 2003, 13:09 (Ref:691168)   #22
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
I have just found out that Wirdheim works for the Swedish F1 racing magazine. He is the webmaster for them as well as woring on the main magazine. It's his day job!
Well, if Justin Wilson can be a (track day type) driving instructor for his day job...
Old 18 Aug 2003, 13:20 (Ref:691185)   #23
tally-bally-ho
Rookie

tally-bally-ho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO F1 Racing can make entertaining reading despite the bias and PR nonsense, Autosport is mainly press releases printed as editorial, you only have to compare the pre season blurb to actual results to realise that. I would like 5th column if the guy was less *****y, especially about Mansell, I am allergic to the paper/printing method employed by Motorsports News.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 14:46 (Ref:691272)   #24
The Moon Monkey
Racer

Ireland
The Temples of Syrinx
The Moon Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel Roebuck's 5th column is the only reason I buy Autosport. That said, if you build up a Library of Autosports, it is alot more useful and informative to look back at than, say, a library of F1 Racing magazine

MoonMonkey(in anorak wearing mode)
Old 18 Aug 2003, 14:54 (Ref:691279)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by The Moon Monkey
Nigel Roebuck's 5th column is the only reason I buy Autosport. That said, if you build up a Library of Autosports, it is alot more useful and informative to look back at than, say, a library of F1 Racing magazine

Beg to differ on the library part MM, but agreed on Nigel Roebucks 5th column.

(where about's in Kent you from?)