Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will drive for Williams in 05 possibley 04?
Rubens Barrichello 2 2.67%
Jensen Button 10 13.33%
Gincarlo Fisichella 4 5.33%
Jacques Villeneuve 13 17.33%
Mark Webber 37 49.33%
Other 9 12.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 2003, 16:55 (Ref:792247)   #1
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will drive for williams 04

There have been a lot of rumours about who will drive for williams next season,there have been suggestions that montoya may leave or be sacked for 04 leaving him to go to McLaren in 04 intead of 05 who knows, please take part in the poll i want to know who people think might replace montoya.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:08 (Ref:792250)   #2
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Webber. If Williams want to get rid of Monty, it has to be Webber. He could be available if Williams want him bad enough, and I am dying to see what Webber can do in a topline car. So far, Monty hasn't destroyed Ralf and perhaps Webber can.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:27 (Ref:792263)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WEBB MAN!!! hopefully
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:30 (Ref:792265)   #4
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Montoya leaves Williams before 2004 then Webber must be favourite (providing Briatore/Jaguar don't block such a move).
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:37 (Ref:792271)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jenson Button. Possibly to be partnered by Mark Webber.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:42 (Ref:792277)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One possibility is that Villeneuve wil get a one-year contract for 2004, allowing him to attempt to prove himself back at his spiritual home. That would probably mean Kimi and Montoya at McLaren and DC and Webber at Jaguar.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 17:57 (Ref:792284)   #7
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say Gene because he Impreesed everybody at Monza.But I voted for Webber because he has the most likily chance of going.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 18:11 (Ref:792293)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It could make a difference if Montoya leaves for '04 instead of '05.

Not that he will.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 20:29 (Ref:792359)   #9
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Barrichello. Webber is possibly the favourite at the moment, but Rubens makes just as much sense. He is released from his Ferrari contract and is unlikely to be retained by the Scuderia for '05, is a proven race winner and is rumoured to have already held talks with Williams.

Also, the negatives for Webber. He is contracted to Briatore and, should Renault prove even more of a potent force in '04 and Trulli fall out of favour with Flav, Webb might just consider that instead. Also, unlike Barrichello, Mark would have to be bought out of a contract, and money-hungry Jag will want plenty of sweetening - something Frank has never liked doing to his rivals.

As for the rest:
Fisi may have impressed FW with his win in Brazil early in the year, but found it difficult to continue that form in the struggling Jordan, so Frank went off him a bit. With signing for Sauber, he's almost entirely focused his efforts on bagging a Ferrari drive.

Button? I've never particularly rated him, but I don't think he's a bad driver either. Williams may or may not be in love with him, but they did tend to let go of him fairly easily after they got they're mits on Montoya, so maybe they're not too bothered about taking him back.

Villeneuve? Maybe, maybe not. It would keep the sponsors happy as the team would regain it's big ex-WDC name, but is he past his best?

Others? Gene, Pizzonia, Piquet Jr and Rosberg are the ones I feel most apply to this option. Again, possible, but not as likely as Barrichello or Webber in the short space of just a year.

Overall though, I feel it's between Barrichello and Webber. This'll sure make for interesting rumours during the whole season.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 23 Nov 2003, 21:23 (Ref:792386)   #10
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If monty gets a boot from Williams for 2004 (say they don't let him race but pay him and dont let him go to Mclaren, webber see's out the year at jaguar and Gene or Wurz (with Superfund support) steps in at Williams for the year?
Old 23 Nov 2003, 21:38 (Ref:792395)   #11
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the IRL champ Dixon will get it.

Strange that he's not on the list??????????????????
Old 23 Nov 2003, 22:00 (Ref:792405)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dixon will have to prove himself in a championship with right turns before he really gets considered. Anyway, most of his best CART results were lucky, on ovals, or both. I think he's found his niche, a successful well-supported series that he's very good at.

I think Fisichella is dreaming of a Ferrari drive, but he would certainly choose to leave Sauber for Williams, and his contract does of course allow that. Either he or Barrichello would be a similar signing to Patrese replacing Piquet in 1988 - a veteran driver with a patchy record, who proved to be an integral part of their success.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 23:08 (Ref:792455)   #13
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for all those who have voted so far,
Old 24 Nov 2003, 00:02 (Ref:792489)   #14
yobro
Racer

United Kingdom
Cowbog, Scotland
yobro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id like to see JV in the seat... doubts tho... i agree Webber is one of the best choices tho.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 00:44 (Ref:792502)   #15
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's 2004, Jenson and Ralf at Williams. Webber to Renault with Alonso (both managed by Flav.) Opens the Jag door to JV and DC.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 01:04 (Ref:792519)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I take it that Pollocks claims of Villeneuve being McLaren test driver for 2004 are now out of the window
Old 24 Nov 2003, 01:05 (Ref:792520)   #17
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber certainly is the fav here, with suitable age, experience and freshness in F1...plus a reasonable wage bill and a good track record (not in terms of pure results) in F1. The only stumbling block may be his contract with Jaguar and Flavio.

Hence, it may be possible that if Frank wants to play safe he may opt for Rubens..whose contract ends in 04. Rubens would bring with him the way of Ferrari operations as well as basic information of the Ferrari characteristics and tyres, which is useful for Williams. Rubens also shown that he is capable of being very quick and technically able, and still has a couple of "golden years" in him still.

Jenson may find himself inside too...if BAR/Honda doesn't perform next year, i doubt JB would want to stay too long annd with a good mutual relationship with Frank... he may find the vacancy at Williams timely. Same with Fisi..if he cant get the FErrari seat..he won't turn down Williams.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 01:06 (Ref:792521)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Teretonga
If monty gets a boot from Williams for 2004
I believe it's Monty choosing to leave Williams, not Williams showing Monty the door.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 14:18 (Ref:792959)   #19
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber. He will be right up Williams' and Head's street. A good team motivator and a bright bloke.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 14:36 (Ref:792975)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by crozier74

Button? I've never particularly rated him, but I don't think he's a bad driver either. Williams may or may not be in love with him, but they did tend to let go of him fairly easily after they got they're mits on Montoya, so maybe they're not too bothered about taking him back.

Franks known to be a fan of Jenson and their relationship in 2000 was described as father/son like. To be fair to Jenson, i believe that nothing he could have done in 2000 would have kept him in the seat of 2001. Montoya was always coming in to F1 and Jenson was used as a stop gap. Doesn't mean that Williams wouldn't take Jenson back, after all, if the team are interested in Villeneuve (apparently), why not go for the driver that beat him in 2003, and would proberbly be the cheaper option.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 14:47 (Ref:792989)   #21
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Tony F.P. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Believe Jacques Villeneuve will be Back with Williams.No driver can Drive to their Protentiel when they Knows there is a 70-80% possibility the car will break down and Not Finesh the race. Most Canadian fans say No JV No Canadian GP in 2004.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 14:52 (Ref:792997)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
Just out of interest, if JV was so convinced that he was facing certain mechanical failure every single race, why didn't he quit mid-season?

As for no JV no canadian GP, the country managed to host a GP for 5 years (??) without a Canadian participating in it.

If Canada dropped the race because JV wasn't in it then they are fools, plus, that would make JV the most powerful driver in F1, which, he certainly ain't.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 14:53 (Ref:792999)   #23
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if the team are interested in Villeneuve (apparently), why not go for the driver that beat him in 2003
If the team are interested in Button ,why not go for the driver who beat him in 2001? ie Fisichella!
Old 24 Nov 2003, 15:00 (Ref:793002)   #24
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Jaques loses motivation when the silver spoon is removed from his mouth how is he going to battle through the inevitable hard times during the long season when the car won't come right or they have had an unlucky race? It's all very well saying that you can give him the car and he'll go out and get the job done, but the same is true of many drivers. I hope Frank Williams is looking for someone with a bit more true grit than a guy who resorts to name calling and finger pointing as soon as things aren't going his way.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 15:04 (Ref:793004)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
...than a guy who resorts to name calling and finger pointing as soon as things aren't going his way.
Evidence?
Quotes?

Hmmm?
Closed Thread

Tags
jpm