Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Nov 2003, 14:09 (Ref:799250)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Prost for the FIA GT Championship?

Just seen this one over on DSC and I have to say it's an interesting one. The French daily newspaper Le Parisien is reporting that Alain Prost is going to run a Ferrari 575 in FIA GT Championship. Didier Calmels and Hughes de Chaunac have set up a team to run the car. Oh and as for co-drivers Colin McRae and Jacques Villeneuve are both possibles........
Old 30 Nov 2003, 14:18 (Ref:799254)   #2
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent,
Three real legends, they should walk it. Even if not, just brilliant that they would give it a go.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 14:22 (Ref:799258)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed great news! Also just says a lot about the FIA GT championship. The series has really started going uphill the last couple of years and is now attracting many top drivers and teams to the championship, lets hope it continues.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 15:18 (Ref:799292)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Sorry guys Rob is jumping ahead of himself here - The story does indeed mention Prost as a possibe FIA entrant - The McRae / Villeneuve angle is nowt to do with that effort, rather a reflection that both have expressed an interest in racing at LM
Old 30 Nov 2003, 15:31 (Ref:799298)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah thats what I thought, I can imagine Prost at LM and FIA GT or even LMES. But Villueneve? I dunno, maybe LM but I dont think a full season of FIA GT or LMES, the same applies for Mcrae, I think I read in this weeks Autosport that he would like to race at LM, but he never mentioned racing in a series. Mcrae is likely to stay in the WRC for 2004, with either Ford or Subaru.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 17:11 (Ref:799348)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
That's surprising news indeed, I thought that Prost was not interrested GT cars ; he could enter a car with his son, now pilot in Formule Renault (not sure of that, it's a small single-sitter french formula, but which one ?)...

Good news anyway. A world champion at LM could bring back french public and medias, not talking about sponsors ; but it's FIA-GT for now, and it's already a good thing ; thanks for that one, Rob !
Old 1 Dec 2003, 08:00 (Ref:799978)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
In l'Equipe (the sport's french paper), Hugues de Chaunac denies having GT projects with Alain Prost. There's only Trophée Andros involvement, and a possible project for Oreca in 2004 or 2005 if there's an opportunity with a GT car...

Let's forget it for now, and we may have a good surprise in spring.

Still no news of the Dallaras ; where are they ? Why not sale them ? Any hints or clues ?
Old 1 Dec 2003, 08:22 (Ref:800004)   #8
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Calmels is out of jail then...
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:10 (Ref:800234)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What was he in jail for ?
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:17 (Ref:800240)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
He shot his wife
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:19 (Ref:800242)   #11
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
BTW the DSC story gives both sides of the story - both Le Parisien and L'Equipe - It is not reported as fact
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:28 (Ref:800258)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If those three guys do become involved in FIA GT it would be way better for us that they were on different teams
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:29 (Ref:800261)   #13
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
That's surprising news indeed, I thought that Prost was not interrested GT cars ; he could enter a car with his son, now pilot in Formule Renault (not sure of that, it's a small single-sitter french formula, but which one ?)...
Nicolas competed in the Campus championship this year. Here's a pic of him at Pont Oscar, Pau
Attached Thumbnails
nicolas prost.jpg  
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:30 (Ref:800262)   #14
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Just to further clarify there is NO suggestion that ether McRae or Villeneuve are linked with an FIA drive
Old 1 Dec 2003, 13:01 (Ref:800292)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
He shot his wife

Oh , Ok !!!
Old 1 Dec 2003, 20:28 (Ref:800658)   #16
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
doesnt oreca run prosts ice racing thing in a toyota? ooohh Prost in the new viper!
Old 1 Dec 2003, 21:56 (Ref:800725)   #17
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shooting your wife is a CRIME?

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 2 Dec 2003, 01:08 (Ref:800920)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only if she objects.

Oh help, Prost has a son old enough to race? What does he look like?
Old 2 Dec 2003, 02:21 (Ref:800987)   #19
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
well.....he looks like a 6ft 4 nose......

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 2 Dec 2003 at 02:25.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 12:27 (Ref:801436)   #20
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a great reply, Liz....

I didn't know that Prost had a son of racing age, either...sure would have the pedigree and a great teacher to prepare him, though....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 2 Dec 2003, 14:49 (Ref:801530)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
He looks like his father, very much, but younger !

He seems shy and discreet, and pretty embarassed by his father's fame.

Last edited by Fab; 2 Dec 2003 at 14:50.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 15:02 (Ref:801539)   #22
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Oh help, Prost has a son old enough to race? What does he look like?
Liz, here's a pic of Nicolas out of his car. I don't think he was even aware that he was chewing on his finger - I certainly wasn't when I took the pics, but when I got them back I was taken aback by just how like Alain he is.

I had a chat with him, he's a bit quiet but seemed like a really nice kid. he also said that his dad tends to stay away when he's racing as he doesn't want to take attention away from the competitors and he thinks it would put a lot of pressure on Nicolas. Wise thoughts from a wise man...
Attached Thumbnails
nicolas prost.jpg  
Old 3 Dec 2003, 06:29 (Ref:802207)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
We had a report on french telly on this topic : all F3Lollipop said is confirmed ; Alain tries to stay away...

They seem to have very good connections, and Alain obviously loves his son and hope the best for him.

Last edited by Fab; 3 Dec 2003 at 06:29.
Old 3 Dec 2003, 12:54 (Ref:802554)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my Lord, my heart went "bump" when I saw that photo! Could I possibly get you to e-mail me a copy "suitable for framing"?

I don't care how old he is. I am in love!

Ahem. I'm sure he has inherited his father's talent and will be racing on the reconstituted 1979 Long Beach Grid Mark II any time now.

P.S. to Alain: I am still hoping to meet you one day and I promise not to ask you if your son fools around.
Old 3 Dec 2003, 14:38 (Ref:802660)   #25
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz - could it be that you have a hands-on approach to supporting young racing talent?