Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Sep 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1087962)   #1
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fia gt 2005

wot is going on with the gt championship now the lg srw has split? the wtc i think will hav its own meetings, but wot about the gts? its a regular haunt (or at least the british rouns are) and i dont want to miss it!

Last edited by minimangler; 6 Sep 2004 at 10:13.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 11:22 (Ref:1088031)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who can say whats going to happen? Hopefully though Motors TV will move and make a bit for LIVE TV coverage of the FIA GT championship. Would be great if they did, imagine, LIVE ALMS, LMES, and FIA GT's! Heres to hoping.

Old 6 Sep 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1088194)   #3
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, having live fia gt on motors would suck. lol

BECAUSE they wont have the live video feed like eurosport does. i dont think that anyone realizes, that i watched the entire Imola FIA GT race (well, the first 15 mins were not working) on eurosport.com. I live in the USA, and thats my only way of getting coverage. I think eurosport does a great job (although im sure you guys are mad that the races are not live- but you can get them live on eurosport.com)

and anyways, it was already announced that there will still be a LGSRW, and Eurosport will still cover it. I believe it will be a 10 race block from the races in europe. (there are 2 flyaway races for WTTC, and 2-3 for FIA GT). so all the races in-between will be covered. (and hopefully the flyaway races too
Old 6 Sep 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1088198)   #4
19dodge
Veteran

here, these are the races that will still be a part of the LGSRW (FIA GT and WTCC in the same weekend)

3 April – Monza (ITA)
24 April – Magny-Cours (FRA)
8 May – Donington (GBR)
22 May – Brno (CZE)
26 June – TBA
30 July – Spa (BEL)
4 September – Oschersleben (GER)
25 September – Istanbul (TUR)

so its actually 8. WTCC has 2 flyaways to Buenos Aires and Macau. and FIA GT will have 3 flyaways to Bahrain, Dubai and Zhuhai
Old 7 Sep 2004, 06:52 (Ref:1088777)   #5
Thommy
Racer

Germany
Kulmbach, Bavaria
Thommy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buenos Aires is said to be cancelled, there should be a meeting at Mexico.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1088959)   #6
19dodge
Veteran

i thought it was the otherway around? (mexico was cancelled, and the race would be in Buenos Aires)
Old 7 Sep 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1088999)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
19 Dodge, the Eurosport.com live video streaming may well be great for u, but my 300k connection isnt fast enough for that. And im not going to shell out £35 a month for 1.5mb broadband, as well as my Sattilete subscription.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 16:16 (Ref:1089206)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Renaults moving off the package (2litres and V6) to their own new series, will there be a single seater support class anymore?
Old 7 Sep 2004, 16:44 (Ref:1089223)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
19 Dodge, the Eurosport.com live video streaming may well be great for u, but my 300k connection isnt fast enough for that. And im not going to shell out £35 a month for 1.5mb broadband, as well as my Sattilete subscription.
Can't even get broadband here,though it is promised for next July.Took about an hour to download a few seconds video clip last time I tried.
Where are the dates quoted here from,as I had not seen them before?
Anything moving from Eurosport to Motors TV has been good news;Less chance of it being disrupted by other rubbish like tennis..
Old 7 Sep 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1089235)   #10
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats gr8-
the gt race in britain is my bday weekend...
Old 7 Sep 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1089331)   #11
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please not just on motorstv, It's not in the regular cable packages here in the Netherlands...Eurosport is.

The livestream on the eurosport website is pretty damn cool must say, no annoying commentators!. My broadband connection ain't that high spec but I can receive the webcast smoothly.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1089345)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey-Lee
Please not just on motorstv, It's not in the regular cable packages here in the Netherlands...Eurosport is.
Exactly the same scenario here in Sweden.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1089401)   #13
19dodge
Veteran

the whole weekend is sponsored by EUROSPORT. i doubt the coverage will go anywhere else, unless Eurosport drops the sponsorship!
Old 7 Sep 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1089405)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Dont Eurosport own Motors TV though? Perhaps they could move the FIA GT race to Motors TV but still keep LG onboard. After all itd be good for the sponsor too, 2 channels of publicity are better than one, and the LG SRW would still be on Eurosport as the WTCC would still be there.

Oh and 19 Dodge, the events arent sponsored by Eurosport, they are sponsored by LG - the Electronics manufacturer, Eurosport merley has the TV rights to the series.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 7 Sep 2004 at 20:54.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1089415)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Dont Eurosport own Motors TV though?
No.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 21:07 (Ref:1089426)   #16
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Oh and 19 Dodge, the events arent sponsored by Eurosport, they are sponsored by LG - the Electronics manufacturer, Eurosport merley has the TV rights to the series.
Actually, as far as I know, Eurosport partially owns the company that promotes and organizes the SRW events.

Last edited by rustyfan; 7 Sep 2004 at 21:09.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1089452)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Hmm, I dont know about that Rustyfan I think u will find LG own the rights to the package and Eurosport are just the TV providers. Visit http://www.lgsuperracingweekend.com/...=article&sid=9 for more details, I think that basically explains that LG do own the commercial rights to the series.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 05:59 (Ref:1089597)   #18
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
As the first sentence of that site says;

Quote:
This concept was launched jointly by Eurosport and the FIA in 2001.
And here's an article from 2000;

Quote:
ESTC to be part of Super TV weekends
Date 2000-06-30

The partnership between Euro STC and Eurosport is growing stronger. Cooperation between the continental series for Super Touring cars and Europe's biggest television network, will lead in 2001 to a series of very high profile motorsports events, called "Eurosport Super Racing Weekends".

The programme, as it was announced in Paris, at TF1 auditorium, in the presence of a number of interested motor racing "insiders", will be composed by 10/12 events in as many European Countries, that will feature as main attractions, races of the European Super Touring Cup and Fia GT Championship.

"Those two categories are very much appreciated from our viewers", Angelo Codignoni, Chief Executive Officer of Eurosport revealed. And audience figures for the first Euro STC's races are definitely proving he's right.

Eurosport firmly believes in the international relaunching of Touring Car competitions. That's why it has decided to take part in this challenge, not simply as a television network, but as a real partner, in every respect.

"I think - Codignoni declared - that this should be the role of a modern tv station. That doesn't mean we are going to replace the organisers, but that we will sit at their table, offering our contribution to develop the tv potential and to customize the products so that should be tailored to the European viewers".

The project of Eurosport Super Racing Weekends has been developed around some cornerstones of great interest.

"The calendar - Codignoni asserted - will be finalized to avoid clashes with F1 and other motorsports events of international importance. We will also select non-Sunday European holidays, because we intend to catalyze the interest of all the motor racing fans".

A programme of spectacular supporting races will be put together, with series such as the Formula Renault Eurocup and the Renault Clio Sport Trophy. Agreement with the French manufacturer is yet to be put it down in black and white, but negotiations are in progress. And Alfa Romeo is interested too.

Tv coverage of the events, will obviously be massive: between four and five hours of "peak time" programming, live or delayed, for each weekend; plus a totally devoted weekly magazine.

The yet-to-be-launched Eurosport News 24-hours-a-day channel and www.eurosport.com website, will give great exposure to the events.

It might be a very interesting commercial package for car manufacturers and sponsors.

"We have embarked upon the current season as a test - Codignoni concluded - and results are exceeding all ours expectations. Now we are ready to commit for the next three years, being fully aware we are offering a great show of European interest on which it will be the worth to invest in terms of tv production, to bring it up on the same level with F1 and Motorcycling World Championship".
Had enough?

Not to mention LG didn't come onboard as series title sponsor until 2002 (as far as I know, anyhow).

Last edited by rustyfan; 8 Sep 2004 at 06:00.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 09:01 (Ref:1089698)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Actually LG are the owners of the series and own the rights to the series as this statement more or less says. http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...to452215.shtml After all if Eurosport did own part of the rights to the series woudnt the wording be "Eurosport & LG Super Racing weekend's" rather than "LG Super Racing weekends" And if that wasnt enough why does it say on Eurosports own site "Official LG SRW site" if u click there it goes to www.lgsuperracingweekend.com - That says it all really.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1089713)   #20
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
LG are the title sponsor - the agreement will specify what the events are called during their tenure as title sponsors.
They do not 'own' the series, they brand it for a set period.

It is exactly the same position for any number of events. eg the Flora London Marathon, The Barclaycard Premiership and for that matter the dailysportscar.com Cup.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1089722)   #21
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
That says it all really.
Actually, all it says, really, is that LG is the title sponsor (as Graham says above) - nowhere does it say LG in some way owns the concept (unlike the info I posted above which clearly state Eurosport is a co-founder of the SRW concept).

I mean, just because NEXTEL is the sponsor of the top NASCAR Championship it doesn't mean NEXTEL owns it, right (which they most certainly, clearly does not do)?

It's exactly the same thing with the SuperRacing Weekend package.

Last edited by rustyfan; 8 Sep 2004 at 09:36.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 09:57 (Ref:1089735)   #22
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lge.com/experience/sports.../europe_01.jsp

'Super Racing Weekend' was produced by Eurosports, Europe's biggest sports channel, in 2001. Since then, the event has been acknowledged as the major motor sport championship event by frenzied fans all over Europe.

The LG Super Racing Weekend will run from March 26, 2004 to October 10, 2004. The event opened in Monza, Italy and will be seen across Europe, including Spain, France, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, and Germany. In 2004, the event will also be held in the UAE and will be broadcast across Europe and the Middle East over the Eurosports channel and its homepage.

LG Electronics has been the event's official sponsor since 2002. LG Electronics will run TV advertisements over Eurosports and its sister channel EuroSportsNews. It will also promote the LG premium brand, through billboards installed in different parts of stadiums. LG Electronics expects to garner publicity effects worth over US$10 million, since the championship is broadcast through Europe's most popular Eurosports channel.

LG is poised to aggressively promote its premium brand image, as the Super Racing Weekend will be held even in UAE this year. The Super Racing Weekend broadcast is currently under review, and is set to open next year in regions other than Europe, in a bid to boost the game's popularity.

Sponsorship period: 2002 - 2005

LG does not own the Super Racing Weekend.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1089770)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Scratch my last post, what I meant to say is that LG own the "commercial" rights to the series, I have said however that LG own the "Commerical" rights to the series, as they have a contract with the SRW package. Just a typo error on my part in my last post Im afraid. As u can see from my post before my last post I did say "commercial" rights and not own the rights to the series lol.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1089787)   #24
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1089790)   #25
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Oh but its true Cybersdorf, u said so yourself in ur previous post. LG have a contract with the series until 10th October 2004, therefore they own the commercial rights to the series. And as I said in my previous post all I made was a typing error, of course LG dont own the series, but at the moment they do own the commercial rights to the series. As I said 2 posts previously.