Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Dec 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1171308)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news for UK-based fans of V8 Supercar.

Motors TV has sorted out TV rights to Aussie V8s and will screen the 2005 series in the UK.

Looking forward to it already
Old 6 Dec 2004, 05:34 (Ref:1171978)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
what kind of deal are they getting KB ?

is it full races ?

how delayed will they be ?

hopefully it isnt a 20 minute cram a 1.5 hour race into this and all you see is cars spearing off crunching fences kind of stuff.

any more info you could give ?
Old 6 Dec 2004, 07:04 (Ref:1172013)   #3
mitchie
Racer

Australia
mitchie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
a 20 minute cram a 1.5 hour race into this and all you see is cars spearing off crunching fences kind of stuff.
I'm led to believe thats the actual program description of Trackside...
Old 6 Dec 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1172783)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's the full race coverage, delayed by a few hours so it's not in the middle of the night.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1172800)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well good , at least your getting a good quality coverage.

now if it gets better than ours we may have to change things a bit
Old 8 Dec 2004, 03:35 (Ref:1174030)   #6
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GGGGGRRRRRREAT news is that lad. I will be there June / July and was very grumpy about missing any races. Now I will have an excuse to stop the tourist bit for a few hours and I wont even have to TALK to anybody (they know better than to TALK when the racings on.lol)

Hoping to take in my first F1 meeting too but who knows, have they sorted it yet??

Good news on the Supercars though and if there is a clash? Supercars over F1 anyday

luvlyjubly KB and thanks for the info. YOU will just LOVE it.
Old 27 Dec 2004, 21:53 (Ref:1188591)   #7
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotorsTV
Saturday 1st Jan 2005 -> V8 Supercars 2004 Round 1 Highlights Adelaide (1 hour) followed by Highlights of Round 2 Eastern Creek (1 hour each)
Starting 9pm GMT

and apperentaly (sp?) the V8 brUTEs are back the 7th of Jan but don't hold me to that

bf1
Old 27 Dec 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1188595)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah a while a go, in the motors forum, they anounced in the new year there would be special coverege for 2005, and 2004 season will be on in January.

Great news, I really can't wait.

link

Last edited by luke; 27 Dec 2004 at 22:07.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 01:14 (Ref:1188646)   #9
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
atm Foxtel are running the BTCC as a (nearly) 1 hour package on a weekly basis.....not bad racing with the reverse grid (top 10) in the 2nd race.(go Plato)
The editing leaves a lot to be desired as we missed race 1 last week. Vicki B-H come on and describes how Race 1 will be highlights and race's 2 &3 will be live.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 28 Dec 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1188836)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant news. Is there a calendar out for next year? I'm planning a trip and I want to make sure it coincides with V8s somewhere...
Old 28 Dec 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1188903)   #11
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
atm Foxtel are running the BTCC as a (nearly) 1 hour package on a weekly basis.....not bad racing with the reverse grid (top 10) in the 2nd race.(go Plato)
The editing leaves a lot to be desired as we missed race 1 last week. Vicki B-H come on and describes how Race 1 will be highlights and race's 2 &3 will be live.
You complain about that Thats all we got of our own national series, unless you were lucky enough to have full day live coverage on Motors TV.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1188906)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

It's not "luck"!

Motors is not a subscription channel.

As long as you have a dish, you can get it free.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1188949)   #13
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad the V8's are back on Motors... I wasn't best pleased when they just disappeared without so much as a murmer.

Easily my favourite touring class.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1189029)   #14
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Here in New Zealand we get no word of the BTTC let alone any pics. We have recently been treated to the European DT serieswhich is faaaaaast and good to watch but In my opinion, is not a patch on the Australian V8's , mainly I have to say in actual covereage, in-car and on board cameras, and general in yer face ACTION shots. Maybe much can be learned by the broadcasters when the Mighty Ozz V8's hit the screen over there.
Even our local NZ V8 Touring car series is a BLAST in comparison to the european stuff that we have seen here. I guess too that ya have to know the Drivers in any series to really get to grips with the racing.
Glad though that you Poms (see my flag) are going to be treated to the AVESCO series. You will just lurve it. Watch out in 2005 for TEAM KIWI RACING.... Small Team based in N Zed but with LION hearts and a new driver this year ... none other than the afable and very capable PAUL RADISICH. A great kiwi icon and those that followed the BTTC will know this Champion racer. New car and New Team and new facilities will see this Mighty Team streak up the Leader board this year. (or I will eat my keyboard......)
Old 28 Dec 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1189052)   #15
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree with you there Baz, the quality of the V8 coverage is generally superb and really does outshine the BTCC, ETCC, DTM, etc... even some of the F1 hosts are put to shame.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 03:28 (Ref:1189180)   #16
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you live in the Asia/Pacific region you can get hi-lights of the DTM and Truck Racing and various F3 races on MotorSport Asia on ESPN. I think they may have covered the ETCC at some stage as well.
As well as the BTCC on FoxSports they are showing the European Drag Racing...and coming up next week the Paris/Dakar.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 29 Dec 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1189375)   #17
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
If you are able to, purchase the 2004 DVD review. A season of great races, and it all came down to the last lap of the last round, literally.

It also includes the BTCC Masters race from Donnington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZzzzz c
Watch out in 2005 for TEAM KIWI RACING.... Small Team based in N Zed but with LION hearts and a new driver this year
Last time i checked Queensland was still in Australia.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1189524)   #18
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Christ, you Australians are up with the play eh.? Queensland is indeed in Australia.

As you very well know, we park our CAR in Queensland these days but our Intrepid LEADER, Our Head Office, Our Team Managers, Our Sponsors and our HEARTS are well and truly HERE in Auckland.
I guess that makes us 'based' in N.Zed. but if anybody wants to think differently, thats fine. Oh o.k. then, apparently we also buy our Race Fuel over there.

Happy new year and roll on Round ONE of the Mighty Australian Supercars.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1189529)   #19
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing as they were both mentioned in this thread, the re-emergence of Down Under things on Motors TV also includes NZ V8 Supercars, and Trackside, which is where the BRutes/Utes end up, so I hear....

And lets all hope that Bathurst turns up live again....really missed that this year!
Old 2 Jan 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1191914)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Motors were advertising NZ V8s as well. Trouble is, we get a French announcer telling us they'll be bringing the race from "Puke Hoak".
Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1194669)   #21
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
It's not "luck"!

Motors is not a subscription channel.

As long as you have a dish, you can get it free.
You have to have that dish though, not everyone does, I had a long fight to get Sky at home.