Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 May 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1299680)   #1
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Quick message of thanks.

I have now had my corrective heart procedure..
Angioplasty and 3 stents were fitted.....
Have left hospital with more tablets to take on top of the ones I already take but the new ones are only for 12 months so there is a light at the end of the tunnel..
The surgeon was unable to enter via his preffered route of the radial artery so had to use the femoral artery.....For those that know the location of this artery it means I am a little sore and walking is a slow painfull process at the moment but will quickly become easier and less painfull..
As most of the people who have been phoning/texting to get updates are marshals then I thought it best to put a global message of thanks on here as most of them are members here also..

So............

Thanks for showing concern and wanting to know how I and my wife are fairing...
See you soon....

Old 13 May 2005, 08:05 (Ref:1299690)   #2
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glad to hear the good news BlackX
Hope to see you back in action soon - take it easy!
Old 13 May 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1299726)   #3
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blackx, glad to hear that you are on the mend, I know what you are going thro as I had a stent fitted over three years ago, it is a remarkable procedure and there is life after it, I should know! What takes much longer to heal are the emotional scars, so if you need to talk to someone who has gone thro it send me a PM. be pleased to help.
Balders
Old 13 May 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1299834)   #4
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Emotional scars! I've not noticed these despite being in closer proximity than most..............skid marks, yes ; soup stains occasionally; damage due to low ground clearance sometimes......but emotional scars??
But true, there is certainly life afterwards & you are skipping about like an April lamb...in the right circumstances. And it has possibly improved your reactions when flagging!
The Team are really pleased you remain in rude health.
Old 13 May 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1300323)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...with the emphasis on rude!

Best wishes, Steve, hope they can take away the pain and keep the swelling. Get well soon,

Chris
Old 13 May 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1300327)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad to hear you are on the mend. Best regards to you and Mrs BlackX. Chins up both!

Sheila and Steve
Old 13 May 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1300358)   #7
ranoff
Racer

ranoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Ithe location of this artery it means I am a little sore and walking is a slow painfull process at the moment
Having been exactly that way I can be quite sure you will soon be a lot better. Will you be visiting Shelsley this weekend? If not who is resting their eyes in the van. As they say in Private Eye, I think we should be told!

Best wishes and take care

Big Ed
Old 14 May 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1300840)   #8
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes for speedy recovery from all the Kumho BMW drivers.
Old 14 May 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1300841)   #9
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw
Best wishes for speedy recovery from all the Kumho BMW drivers.

Thanks guys

I hope to get to one of your meetings one day and see for myself just how much fun they are..
Old 14 May 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1300842)   #10
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoff
Will you be visiting Shelsley this weekend? If not who is resting their eyes in the van. As they say in Private Eye, I think we should be told!

Best wishes and take care

Big Ed
I cant say for sure but I can say it wont be me

I will however be there on Sunday with my spectator hat on so perhaps I will see you around..
Old 16 May 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1302587)   #11
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve, Take care, plenty of rest and TLC will get you well soon.
Best wishes from the rest of the 'Flock'! I said Flock!

Regards, Jim
Old 16 May 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1302602)   #12
blackx
Veteran

England
Well............
I didnt manage to get to Shelsley on Sunday but from what I hear there was good weather and enough work to keep marshals and rescue crew out of mishchief

Ended up on Cannock Chase giving my new found health and the kids a workout in the form of football and a 3 mile hike through the chase..

Hope to be at Loton Park this coming weekend...
Old 16 May 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1302610)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
...enough work to keep marshals and rescue crew out of mishchief ...
Well, the very first call of the season was for a rolled Fiesta. I hope it's not starting as they mean to go on!

Pleased to hear you're up and about to such an extent, Steve, sounds very positive. You be wary knocking balls about so soon, won't you?
Old 17 May 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1302852)   #14
Red Baron
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
Red Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Steve,

Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Take it easy, hope we catch up with you later in the year, if not then at training next year.

Rosie
Old 18 May 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1303938)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Steve, just got home from a business trip and read this post! Hope you are now well and truly on the mend and hope to see you at Goodwood later in the year. Best wishes to all the family and many 'get well soon' wishes to you.
Old 18 May 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1304077)   #16
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Bostin

Get well soon M8.

While on the subject of thanks, Thanks to all @ Shelsley for an excellent weekend. It turned out to be a very enjoyable dip of my toe in the water.

For those who haven't heard, Caron's problem from last August has come back again. She went into the local General for a few days on Saturday. She's back home now, but frustratingly, we still have little to no idea about what's actually wrong. She's at home feeling very ill and hoping we can get somewhere soon. I thing boredom is the worst problem at the moment, If you have her number and a few minutes to call - I'm sure she'd like to hear from you
Old 18 May 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1304102)   #17
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Bostin

Get well soon M8.

While on the subject of thanks, Thanks to all @ Shelsley for an excellent weekend. It turned out to be a very enjoyable dip of my toe in the water.

For those who haven't heard, Caron's problem from last August has come back again. She went into the local General for a few days on Saturday. She's back home now, but frustratingly, we still have little to no idea about what's actually wrong. She's at home feeling very ill and hoping we can get somewhere soon. I thing boredom is the worst problem at the moment, If you have her number and a few minutes to call - I'm sure she'd like to hear from you
So sorry to hear that Caron is not well - I don't know her personally and don't have her number but I'm around all day on e-mail (via my profile) if she wants to chat.
Old 18 May 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1304174)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Steve showed me a bit of his bruise earlier this evening. Very impressive. Anyway, he's looking well and up and about, so good news there.

Al, I've passed on the news about Caron and everyone sends their best wishes. Pleased she's back out now.
Old 25 May 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1309785)   #19
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Hi Steve, just got home from a business trip and read this post! Hope you are now well and truly on the mend and hope to see you at Goodwood later in the year. Best wishes to all the family and many 'get well soon' wishes to you.

You certainly will see me there...
And if you look carefully you will spot me at the British GP this year as I shall be there for 3 days on the rescue unit....
Old 25 May 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1309829)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Splendid. Are you camping or hotelling?
Old 25 May 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1309839)   #21
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Splendid. Are you camping or hotelling?

Not being as affluent as your good self I'm afraid I'll be camping in my little tent...
Old 25 May 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1309861)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Affluent...me!!!

Like you I shall be in my little tent also, so see you there for the occasional beer? Maybe Mrs Black X could bake us all a little cake
Old 26 May 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1310641)   #23
blackx
Veteran

England
She may be tempted into baking a bannana cake if you like them..
Old 26 May 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1310715)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Never tried one old chap, but there's a first for everything!
Old 27 May 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1312000)   #25
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi Steve

Glad to hear that you have had the plumbing done; now you just need to get fully fit.

Best wishes.

Jim