Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will you drive for?
BMW 23 26.74%
Williams 63 73.26%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Aug 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1383025)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

You're a driver. You're pretty good and you have two contracts on the table. Every term is the same. One is for Williams(-Cosworth) the other for (Sauber-)BMW.

I won't specify the length - does this have a bearing on the choice?

Who do you chose, and why?
Old 15 Aug 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1383027)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams.

A history of success - wins races in more seasons than it doesn't.

And no sign of the odious Mr Thiessen.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1383036)   #3
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is this a hypothetical question, or is Button going to Sauber now?

Has to be Williams.

I respect Peter Sauber a great deal, and if I was looking at a choice of midfield teams I'd be looking to Sauber. Yes, they may move up the ranks with BMW Power, but we don't know that.

As K-b says, Williams has a history of success. The whole Williams team knows what it takes to build a Championship worthy car, and I have a sneaky feeling the Cosworth V8 is going to be a cracking engine.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1383058)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ja, I zink dat Villiams ist der bedder choice. Und dis despite my time vith da Sauber Team.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1383075)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Williams - I think next season they will be a far more stable team than what BMW may be in their maiden year running the whole show.

Give a few year's and I'd be with BMW
Old 15 Aug 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1383079)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams without a doubt, To work in a place that has won F1 world championships, and has a pedigree for winning.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1383083)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Somewhat controversially, I'd go with BMW. Williams may have a good year with Cosworth, they may not; but BMW is clearly embarking on a long-term project, and they will get it right, sooner or later. To go there now is to take the opportunity to mould the team around you. And, by and large, BMW look after their drivers.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1383096)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For a one-year contract, Williams. Cosworth will hit the ground runnign with engines, teh team will be very determined to keep things together, and BMW have still to settle into running their own team, with a lot of failures and organistational problems likely.

Longer-term, BMW. They will simply have so much riding on the project that they can't afford for it to fail, and the people at the heart of it will be capable.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1383099)   #9
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just because BMW cant afford to fail doesnt mean they wont fail.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1383118)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Williams.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1383130)   #11
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams - BMW will take time to adjust to running their own team
Old 15 Aug 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1383137)   #12
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams - No nonsence.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1383158)   #13
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sign with both and sort it out later.

(s) Jenson Button / Adrian Newey
Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1383168)   #14
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
I take it that we are in a hurry to sign such that there is no time to visit the respective team offices & plants and to ask questions as to where each of them stand in terms of R&D, financial backing & readiness for next season.

In these circumstances, I would sign with BMW. I just don't think Cosworth/Williams are financially strong enough to put a fraction of what BMW may cough up in R&D for a new V8 engine. While I would be confident that the new V8 Cosworth will be reliable, I would think that the technology must have evolved a lot since Cosworth ran their last V8s. If both are equally committed toward winning, money invested in the project is, unfortunately, more likely to make the difference at the end of the day.

Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1383174)   #15
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams, because my Ferrari contract is not ready just yet!!!!!!!
Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1383175)   #16
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The heart says Williams but the head says BMW. I'd have to go where I think I'd get along better with workmates, namely Williams.

(Although my manager would still have Ron Dennis's number on speeddial)
Old 15 Aug 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1383181)   #17
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
I forgot to mention: BMW for the honour of having JV as teammate in 2006
Old 15 Aug 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1383199)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW. Despite their history, where is Williams going to nowadays?

BMW gives me a big fat paycheque, and I give them 3 wins the first season
Old 15 Aug 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1383200)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
I forgot to mention: BMW for the honour of having JV as teammate in 2006
Ditto!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1383214)   #20
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams
Old 16 Aug 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1383220)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm not sure i'd want to be in a situation where BMW have only got themselves to blame,because then it will be my fault.So i'll go to Williams thankyou very much.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 01:45 (Ref:1383236)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Williams without a shadow of a doubt, they have many years of experience and are proven winners. BMW on the other hand are just starting.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 02:26 (Ref:1383247)   #23
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Williams...Chassis track record as both engines are new

DKGandBH
Old 16 Aug 2005, 04:57 (Ref:1383279)   #24
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Williams. I believe they would offer a driver greater opportunities in the first couple of years than BMW.

Also because of what Martyn said.

Last edited by dsg; 16 Aug 2005 at 04:58. Reason: spelling
Old 16 Aug 2005, 05:40 (Ref:1383286)   #25
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams... cuz id want to see two aussie drivers in the same team.