Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Nov 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1763095)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gran Turismo HD - FERRARIS!!!!

Look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP5T3l-42Po
Old 11 Nov 2006, 00:34 (Ref:1763100)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reason to buy the PS3...

wow, amazing.... let the pictures do the talking...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWe7...related&search=
Old 11 Nov 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1763499)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Here is a better GT5 vid...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=wmv&id=14531
Old 11 Nov 2006, 17:33 (Ref:1763520)   #4
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty nice, i wont buy a PS3 just for GT5, although it might tempt me.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1763527)   #5
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i will probbly get xbox 360 and ps3 just for the F1 games
Old 11 Nov 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1763537)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm happy with the PS2, but no doubt when the prices have gone down and they stop making games for both I'll get one.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1763543)   #7
armchair racer
Racer

England
Suburbia
armchair racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the graphics are looking good , but my main gripe with the game is the AI of the computer drivers , pretty dire , so if they have improved that i may well buy it ..
Old 11 Nov 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1763573)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thing I don't like about GT5 is the stuff I'm hearing about getting a basic game with only a handful of cars and having to go online to get the rest.

What a stupid idea.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1763585)   #9
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow they got the ferrari liscence
Old 11 Nov 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1763588)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, that is good.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1763613)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The thing I don't like about GT5 is the stuff I'm hearing about getting a basic game with only a handful of cars and having to go online to get the rest.

What a stupid idea.
I heard that that was only for the inital GT HD version, GT5 should have 1000+ cars and extras available online later.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1763628)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah yes, that was it. GT5 is years off though, GT HD is like a stop gap. How annoying. Damn, damn, damn.

I cannot watch these videos. Can anyone confirm to me that there are in-car cameras? I had heard it rumoured.

And these next-gen versions better have goddamn tyre marks on!
Old 11 Nov 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1763697)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I just hope the sounds are re done, that clip that I posted above does not sound like a Subaru WRC.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1764045)   #14
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i happy to wait for a PS3, having rfactor and lfs are fun enough to play online to wait till the price drops for the ps3.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 11:45 (Ref:1764133)   #15
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bert, when you say "1000+ cars", how many of them do you think will be Skyline's??
Old 12 Nov 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1764350)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably 50-60% of the cars will be Skyline's/Supra's/S2000's/NSX's/Impreza's/Lancer's/etc...
Old 12 Nov 2006, 21:59 (Ref:1764487)   #17
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
It really wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1764494)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news: it has Ferrari's. Bad News?

Quote:
...Gran Turismo HD: Premium, will ship with two courses and 30 cars, with an additional 30 cars and an additional two courses online at a later date. The Premium game is being considered a prologue to the PS3's eventual Gran Turismo 5.

The microtransaction-focused game, Gran Turismo HD: Classic will be the online-focused entrant into the GT-series. In this game, players will (reportedly) start with no cars or courses available to them. Instead, they will need to purchase their stable of cars and courses to race on. The pricing reported in the Famitsu piece indicated that cars would cost between 50-100 yen ($0.43-$0.85) and courses between 200-500 yen ($1.71-$4.26). There are approximiately 750 cars and 50 tracks available for purchase in the GT: HD Classic. Let's do the math:
# 750 cars for $0.50-$1.00 (Sony will round-up, don't you think?)
# 50 tracks for $1.50-$4.50

A complete copy of the game will cost gamers somewhere between $426.50 and $975, and that's without factoring in whatever Sony decides to charge for the menus (since that's all you'll get with GT HD: Classic).
And there is a reason to not buy the PS3.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1764499)   #19
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Yeah, lets think a second.... it's delayed again, it'll be hugely expensive, probably break down a couple of times (well, its happened to me with both the PS1 and PS2, so why not the PS3 too?)

Plus alot of money for a game i probably won't play that much.

PC FTW!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1764709)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'll certainly be waiting until the price is more reasonable, I only use my PS2 a couple of times a week for maybe half an hour each time so I can't justify the price of a PS3 at their initial cost. By the time GT5 is actually released the price will have come down nicely
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1765189)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The PS3 has to be the most stupid and daft console ever. Just when you find a reason to buy one, there are ten reasons not to.

I am well into my Xbox 360 now. I was initially unimpressed, but now some real good games are starting to come out for it. I'll stick with that and maybe get a Wii too someday. Reasonably priced consoles with neat features.

Sony is just losing sight of what a console should be about - simple, accessible gaming fun.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1765217)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Im really tempted to get the XBox 360 for PGR, Forza and Rally Sport Challenge (love driving the Hillclimb cars!) If I get a console for Christmas, I want the 360! And, the best thing about the 360... Its acctually out.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1765236)   #23
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
It is indeed, wonder how many more years the PS3 will be delayed for?

The Wii looks good too, i like the controller with its attach-random-peripherals-to-make-it-into-a-gun-or-a-car thing.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1765245)   #24
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't mind, I'd probably only buy 10-20 cars and that would add up to the normal cost of the whole game.
And it gives them the flexibility to add more cars at a later date.

Won't be long before you can get 'grey market' cars for GT5 anyway
Old 13 Nov 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1765276)   #25
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Good news: it has Ferrari's. Bad News?

Quote:
...Gran Turismo HD: Premium, will ship with two courses and 30 cars, with an additional 30 cars and an additional two courses online at a later date. The Premium game is being considered a prologue to the PS3's eventual Gran Turismo 5.

The microtransaction-focused game, Gran Turismo HD: Classic will be the online-focused entrant into the GT-series. In this game, players will (reportedly) start with no cars or courses available to them. Instead, they will need to purchase their stable of cars and courses to race on. The pricing reported in the Famitsu piece indicated that cars would cost between 50-100 yen ($0.43-$0.85) and courses between 200-500 yen ($1.71-$4.26). There are approximiately 750 cars and 50 tracks available for purchase in the GT: HD Classic. Let's do the math:
# 750 cars for $0.50-$1.00 (Sony will round-up, don't you think?)
# 50 tracks for $1.50-$4.50

A complete copy of the game will cost gamers somewhere between $426.50 and $975, and that's without factoring in whatever Sony decides to charge for the menus (since that's all you'll get with GT HD: Classic).

And there is a reason to not buy the PS3.
Well if thats the case then its just pure madness! They really have lost the plot if this is true. It looks like Sony are definitely firmly after the older gamer (ie. the ones who have been through the PS1 & PS2). That means the Wii could do quite well for the younger/teenage market where the parents won't want them asking them to buy them a new track/car because their friends have one every five minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The PS3 has to be the most stupid and daft console ever. Just when you find a reason to buy one, there are ten reasons not to.

I am well into my Xbox 360 now. I was initially unimpressed, but now some real good games are starting to come out for it. I'll stick with that and maybe get a Wii too someday. Reasonably priced consoles with neat features.

Sony is just losing sight of what a console should be about - simple, accessible gaming fun.
I personally can't wait for the PS3 to come out, purely for the fact that I can't wait to see what happens!

Personally won't be getting a PS3 and nor a 360. I'd love a 'next-gen' of course but I can't justify the expense since I don't play my existing Xbox and PS2, which is a shame.

In all seriousness I'll be interested to see how the PS3 implements online play. I've seen the Xbox Live! 360 and I must say I was impressed.

The only thing I have to say is what was wrong with the days of Mario Kart eh?