Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1740331)   #1
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Brazil be TGF's last EVER race?

I was wondering if TGF will hang up his racing gloves and boots forever, or will he make a return to sportscars where he was quite sucessful, DTM?

will TGF make a clean race or will he just step down a few gears and still race but not in the high pressure environment of F1?
Old 17 Oct 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1740335)   #2
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was under the impression that he would be doing the Race of Champions in Paris - if so, it still counts. And I am absolutley certain that he'll not be able to stay away drom the kart track.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1740375)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think he is doing ROC. I've heard Button, DC and Massa will be involved though.

I would be surprised if MS didn't turn up to do something else once in a while. I'd love to see him try his hand at something else. However, he will want to retain his reputation!
Old 17 Oct 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1740426)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He'll do a few kart races, I guess.

Le Mans, Indy and most other stuff is very unlikely. Although time away from racing may make him change his mind.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1740446)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on how you define "race". I do believe that he won't seriously do any DTM/Champcar/IRL/god forbid Nascar things, but you will see him in occasional races.

PS: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he took part in a couple ROC events already?
Old 17 Oct 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1740518)   #6
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think we will see him in the Le Mans in a couple of years, as i think Ferrari will do a "Works Team" in Le Mans and TFG to drive for them as Team Leader
Old 17 Oct 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1740537)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why do you think that?

Michael has repeatedly said that he does not want to do Le Mans (again). For various reasons. In addition it is unlikely that Ferrari will race there is the short to medium term. The effort is at F1 now. They also have other Sportscar projects in the group. Michael has driven the Maserati, but just for fun and it isn't eligible for Le Mans and while there have been rumours there doesn't seem to be a new Le Mans car in the pipeline.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1740543)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes Red, Michael did Race Of Champions in 2004. The less said the better frankly!

A certain Heikki Kovaleinen announced his existence to the motorsport world that evening...
Old 17 Oct 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1740544)   #9
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just think he will get bored of not racing high speed cars, so will take up Le Mans just to get his "FIX" of racing. IMO
Old 17 Oct 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1740556)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is possible, but as he thinks it is too dangerous and has expressed a desire for formula cars to the point of almost dismissing anything else, at this point, all things suggest it is unlikely.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1740557)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

But he has said it is too dangerous to do for him nowadays, an unfortunate view but I respect it.

I wanna see him do Champcar, Indy and NASCAR but I am in la-la land.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1740576)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is unfortunate (for us fans) and I disagree with his F1-only views. However I respect him for having them and it interests me what he gets from racing, but I've never been one to think that everyone should do what I would.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1740633)   #13
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if (heaven forbid) should Ferrari need to call on a reserve driver, he'll do a Nige and pop back for a one off (or two) race, knowing it's no strings attached...hmm!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 00:42 (Ref:1740749)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am fairly sure that this will be his last race in a F1 car..Now some fancy testing for Ferrari maybe, is he not reputed to give the best feedback to his engineers known to man?
Old 18 Oct 2006, 06:31 (Ref:1740818)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He could make a living playing for the Italian soccer team!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 18 Oct 2006, 06:58 (Ref:1740831)   #16
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He's gonna ride for Ducati on the new 800cc next year...

http://www.leblogmoto.com/images/schumi_ducati.jpg
Old 18 Oct 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1741103)   #17
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Michael participate in the 911 sports cup. I remember Mika taking part in some 911 sports cup races some years ago whilst he was Maclarens third driver. He was fantastic and showed the rest how it was done.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1741319)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see him doing too much in the next couple of years. Probably take some time off, stay at home with the kids. But being the competitor that he is, no doubt he'll pop back up in something...
Old 18 Oct 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1741322)   #19
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, considering he's just short of Riccardo Patrese's starts record, I think a return could happen
Old 18 Oct 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1741381)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I don't think that Michael is that interested in records (!) and specifically that one.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1741581)   #21
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, I cannot see Michael Schumacher competing in F1 again or making a move into the likes of Champ Car, Indy Racing League, NASCAR or indeed A1GP. Personally, I suspect that Schumacher will retain a close relationship with Ferrari and indeed the wider Fiat group. Whilst I believe he will occasionally test something relating to the group for fun (be it a Ferrari F1 car, Alfa touring car or whatever), I can't see him racing anything, mainly because I can't see him undetaking a full schedule again and if he were to do an occasional race, he'd be more than likely required to assist in a championship bid of another driver or a car that is not quite competitive. Neither of which is a scenario that I can invisage Schumacher relishing.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1741591)   #22
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd be surprised not to see him race again (would love to see him at LM) though to be picky, his press release did say retiring from racing. Could see him doing odd sportscar races instead of single seaters.

But then there's nothing we know of to change that, and nothing to say he has to stick to it either.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1741716)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe he might race again but nothing in a championship or stuff like this.

Just for fun.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 10:42 (Ref:1741975)   #24
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Him teaming up with Mika Häkkinen for Le Mans in a new Ferrari or Mercedes GTP would be a dream come true.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1742376)   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Been offered a drive at Le Mans with Audi!