Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1717134)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chinese GP - look ahead and weekend thread!

F1 heads to China this week for the sixteenth round of the Formula 1 World Championship.

Just two points separate the title protagonists and things are starting to get very tense indeed not just on track, but off track too sadly as politics and general daftness rear their ugly head from time to time.
Let's hope that all the action is clean and untroubled by over zealous stewards this weekend.

So, Shanghai then. Not everyone's cup of tea. Not anyone's probably. But on F1's two visits there, we have had a fair amount of drama, not least for one Michael Schumacher who has shown two of his most lamentable career performances on this massive Tilke-ring. 2004 saw him spin off at turn one on his one-shot qualifying lap and on Sunday he had a dreadful time, clattering into people, spinning and suffering a puncture. 2005 somehow managed to be worse, colliding with a Minardi on his way to the grid and in the race spinning out under safety car conditions. Hideously embarrassing stuff for the seven times world champion.

Our other championship contender, Mr Alonso, has had rather different fortunes at Shanghai with a strong 4th place in 2004 and a dominating win in the 2005 finale to seal the constructors championship for Renault in emphatic style. It is a track that seems to suit the Spaniard rather more than his German rival.

But this, ultimately, means nothing. This is 2006, the drivers title is still on the line for the first time at this venue, and both drivers are obliged to perform at their best.

Weather wise, Shanghai has proved to be usually very nice weather. Not much chance of rain I guess.

Let's just hope for a close fight and, crucially, no errant drain covers! Bring it on.

2005 top eight finishers

1. Fernando Alonso - Renault 1h39m53.618s
2. Kimi Raikkonen - McLaren 1h39m57.633s
3. Ralf Schumacher - Toyota 1h40m18.994s
4. Giancarlo Fisichella - Renault 1h40m19.732s
5. Christian Klien - Red Bull 1h40m25.457s
6. Felipe Massa - Sauber 1h40m30.018s
7. Mark Webber - Williams 1h40m30.460s
8. Jenson Button - BAR 1h40m34.867s

2005 fastest lap: Kimi Raikkonen - McLaren (1m33.242s)
2005 pole sitter: Fernando Alonso - Renault (1m34.080s)

Other previous winners

2004 - Rubens Barrichello

Circuit and race weekend information links

Circuit homepage
Map
Timetable

For those who wish to see the race with live timing, try here: http://www.formula1.com/race/livetiming/767.html
Old 23 Sep 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1717150)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Will it rain! I hear you cry.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Shanghai.htm

Last edited by Marbot; 23 Sep 2006 at 18:35.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1717159)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Martyn, just the man. Looks not so promising on the rain front then!
Old 23 Sep 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1717184)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Martyn, just the man. Looks not so promising on the rain front then!
It's early days yet,but if it can rain in Hungary it can sure as hell rain in China.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1717511)   #5
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'll be interesting to see who drives for McLaren. If it's Lewis, could be good. Get a look at him in race conditions.
Hey, just trying to remain positive. Haven't seen a race in what, three weeks?
Old 25 Sep 2006, 01:43 (Ref:1718044)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two. I think.

Last edited by Chatters; 25 Sep 2006 at 01:47.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Sep 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1718365)   #7
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And some of the grid girls were kinda cute.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1718392)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would you like to post some links ? I can't quite remember how cute they are...
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1719463)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I see 22 cars qualifying,

A Ferrari v (1) Renault race battle

And one of them winning.

Marvellous!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1719698)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
I see 22 cars qualifying,
Let's hope no one gets "deliberately impeded".

Quote:
A Ferrari v (1) Renault race battle
No doubt this will be because someone got "deliberately impeded".

Quote:
And one of them winning.
Massa 20 seconds ahead,and then suddenly........

Quote:
Marvellous!
Bloody Marvellous!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1719702)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh my god, I just thought of turn one at Shanghai.

I think I am going to be ill.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1719706)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Oh my god, I just thought of turn one at Shanghai.

I think I am going to be ill.
hmmm...........plenty of opportunity to be impedent there.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1719710)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well...let's hope not.

I think we will have a clean weekend, with no heavy penalties.

No really, I do.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1719715)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well...let's hope not.

I think we will have a clean weekend, with no heavy penalties.

No really, I do.
It wouldn't be the same though,if we didn't have something to moan about.

I've got money on Michelins "wets" being declared illegal if it rains.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1719718)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

But the Michelins provide better stability and are therefore safer.

Bridgestones have no grip and are "death traps" so they should be banned.

Or something like that.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1719719)   #16
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
It'll be interesting to see who drives for McLaren. If it's Lewis, could be good. Get a look at him in race conditions.
Hey, just trying to remain positive. Haven't seen a race in what, three weeks?
Hasn't Pedro already been confirmed? Sure I've read it somewhere today.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1719721)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, that is correct. Pedro is in the seat.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1719732)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

Or something like that.
The Michelins will be found to be "not quite round" which only serves to loosen the fillings of its users.But Bridgestone will say that it helps to pump the water away more effectively and that they must be perfectly round.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1719748)   #19
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by graves
Hasn't Pedro already been confirmed? Sure I've read it somewhere today.
Ya, ya. Okay so, some of the grid girls were kinda cute
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1719752)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Last2LiftOff... what are you talking about ?
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1719756)   #21
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi

Last2LiftOff... what are you talking about ?
Just lookin for some positives this weekend Bon. Actually I was hoping we'd see Lewis Hamilton in that seat this weekend, no knock on Pedro.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 25 Sep 2006 at 21:30.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1719762)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That's ok... You can't be more positive than that ! Cute pit babes !!!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1719764)   #23
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Ya, some of em, one or two maybe.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 04:56 (Ref:1719931)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I don't think Pedro is down to be a pit babe this week L2LO.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1720313)   #25
bankoq
Rookie

bankoq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that Kubica will shine again. He just needs a good car and he can beat anyone!
Closed Thread