Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Oct 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1738504)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bahrain V8s - Information Required

Bill & I tend to go on holiday late November/early December to set ourselves up for the winter. We've now seen that the Australian V8s are racing in Bahrain 23-25 November. PERFECT HOLIDAY (we both thought in unison).

SO: I know there's a whole lot of you that have been out there, plus lots of aussie marshals reading this and I would like to get your feedback on:

1. Any chance of working at the race????????
2. Where to stay (but remember its a holiday so we're there for approx 2 weeks not just the race weekend)
3. General advice on eating places, places to visit, etc.......

Many thanks in advance,

Shelagh
Old 15 Oct 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1738575)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Shelagh, why not drop the new member from Bahrain a PM to ask him?
Old 15 Oct 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1738581)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone see the ten-minute "Filler" on Motors TV this afternoon about this meeting?
Looks like a stonking meeting - one that sadly I can't do, but I fully intend to see if I can get to Bathurst next year!
Old 15 Oct 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1738690)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you wish to volunteer to marshal, I suggest contacting CAMS in the first instance?
Old 16 Oct 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1739509)   #5
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for all this helpful stuff.

It was the blurb on Motors that gave us the idea.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to identify the new member from Bahrain!
Old 16 Oct 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1739514)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
He posted regarding the GT race in Bahrain, I think its in a different forum Sheilagh
Old 16 Oct 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1739705)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here?
Old 17 Oct 2006, 02:15 (Ref:1739789)   #8
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
If you wish to volunteer to marshal, I suggest contacting CAMS in the first instance?
Woolley, last time I checked Bahrain was outside of Australia so it's outside CAMS's patch just a little bit

I know for the NZ round the locals provide the manpower required trackside although a few aussies make the trek over.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1740212)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Ah, Ok, thanks. I assumed they would be involved in organization and could point people to it. The place is flat desert, so not entirley unlike CAMS usual area...

*ducks*
Old 17 Oct 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1740658)   #10
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
The place is flat desert, so not entirley unlike CAMS usual area...
Old 17 Oct 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1740682)   #11
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am going to Bahrain for this event but I am keen to know what other races are on the program as support races or wharever?
Old 18 Oct 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1741482)   #12
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Bill & I have now decided that to make the holiday "a holiday" we won't work but will spectate (so long as we get everything booked!).

No idea what is on the program (ain't V8s enough?) but if champcarman is working and can "arrange" anything for us..................?
Old 18 Oct 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1741608)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Enjoy, then - they sound an awful lot better in the flesh than they do on TV, and they sound good on TV.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1741680)   #14
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shelagh, i would be happy to meet up over the Bahrain weekend and show you around the Teams a bit. I am not working but I am travelling with a Team. Will post closer to the race, off to Surfers now.
Old 19 Oct 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1741982)   #15
kosher_pig
Rookie

kosher_pig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman
I am going to Bahrain for this event but I am keen to know what other races are on the program as support races or wharever?
probably camel and scorpian races
Old 19 Oct 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1742078)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Should be an easy win for the camel, just as long as they don't meet up in the Paddock for a quick bite.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1750346)   #17
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Well, we now have flights booked and are going to both Bahrain (for the V8s) and Dubai (alas no racing while we are there).

Might try to find a camel race, though!
Old 27 Oct 2006, 05:39 (Ref:1750708)   #18
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
Well, we now have flights booked and are going to both Bahrain (for the V8s) and Dubai (alas no racing while we are there).

Might try to find a camel race, though!
I'm sure Chris Norman would show you round Dubai Motorthingy
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1756017)   #19
Moayyed
Rookie

Bahrain
Bahrain
Moayyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome

I would be more than happy to forward you information for Bahrain. Please drop me an email.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1756024)   #20
Moayyed
Rookie

Bahrain
Bahrain
I'm a member of the MMC (Motorsports Marshals Club) in Bahrain. Please feel free to drop me an email. I'd be more than happy to help fellow marshals and camel racers enjoy our little island.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1756025)   #21
Moayyed
Rookie

Bahrain
Bahrain
Contact me by email or phone: +973 36393828.

Last edited by Moayyed; 2 Nov 2006 at 09:36.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1756037)   #22
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone whos goin to their first Aussie V8 meeting will be hooked... If your like close racing, it is awesome!
Old 3 Nov 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1757263)   #23
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Well - we have e-mailed Moayyed as well as Chris Norman. And so far we are going to be working at a Dubai National Track Day on 1st December.

What was that about Busman's holiday? All I wanted was time off work in the warm.........

I blame that Mike Kelly............................................(:
Old 3 Nov 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1757272)   #24
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh
And so far we are going to be working at a Dubai National Track Day on 1st December.
Have you seen any of the videos of track days at Dubai?
Better take a spare pair of boots for all the running away!
Old 3 Nov 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1757284)   #25
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Thanks to Mike Kelly, we are pre-warned to act as flag and observer only, rather than going onto the track (not sure our ancient knees etc would have it any other way).

According to Chris Norman, experienced flag and observer is what they are lacking so we will maybe try to do some on-post training!

Apparently the day will consist of two races each for bikes, Golf GTis and Radicals.

Now then, its all very well trying to teach the local marshals, but do the drivers know what the flags mean ????!!!!