Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Nov 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1765116)   #1
macaroon
Rookie

macaroon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 calendar for 2007

could someone please send me the gp2 calendar for next season ?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1765121)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
try the gp2 website at www.gp2series.com (i think)
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1765190)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
They still have this year's calendar up there. I don't think next year's has been announced yet, but as it mostly goes hand in glove with F1, you can get an idea from that. Here is a best guess of most of the dates at this stage.

Code:
Date Formula 1 Race 
13 May Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix (Barcelona - Spain)
27 May Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix (Monaco)
01 July French Formula 1 Grand Prix (Magny Cours - France)
08 July British Formula 1 Grand Prix (Silverstone - Great Britain)
22 July German Formula 1 Grand Prix (Nurburgring - Germany)
05 August Hungarian Formula 1 Grand Prix (Budapest - Hungary)
26 August Turkish Formula 1 Grand Prix (Istanbul - Turkey) 
09 September Italian Formula 1  Grand Prix (Monza - Italy)
16 September Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix (Spa-Francorchamps - Belgium)
Old 15 Nov 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1766602)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It lasts the extra race that GP2 usually does outside F1. Last year they did it at Bahrain, and this year, at Valencia.

Wonder if GP2 organizers could have the idea to make a trip to Brazil. They could arrange two races in South America, first one at Interlagos with Brazilian GP, and, a week later, other race in Argentina linked to 200 Kms. of Buenos Aires TC2000 that uses to be made one week after F1 venue.

Nonetheless, TC2000 started to do contacts with A1GP organizers...
Old 15 Nov 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1766680)   #5
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no chance at all of GP2 racing in South America, I'm afraid: the only reason they do non-F1 races is because it's made economically viable for them to do so, and that's not likely to happen in Argentina, more's the pity...
Old 23 Nov 2006, 01:53 (Ref:1772726)   #6
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe GP2 can race in Macau. If it can race in Monaco, then why not Macau?
Old 23 Nov 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1772896)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Maybe GP2 can race in Macau. If it can race in Monaco, then why not Macau?
Same reason as previous post I guess-cost of shipping the cars.Does seem a waste having them sit idle Sept to April.A south american temporada might work?
Old 23 Nov 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1772930)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but they aren't sat idle, are they? there's testing every couple of weeks at the moment, and they have to turn the cars round for each of those.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1773572)   #9
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Near the Jerez race track, Spain
Alfonso de Orleans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Bella. Most people think that we give the cars a shine and off we go to the beach. They are great cars, but they really need looking after.

Talking about a beach, what are doing with a Spanish flag as your national flag
Old 24 Nov 2006, 02:32 (Ref:1773646)   #10
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Same reason as previous post I guess-cost of shipping the cars.Does seem a waste having them sit idle Sept to April.A south american temporada might work?
Macau pays for the shipping of F3 and WTCC cars. If the GP2 organizers can convince the GP Committee that GP2 is better than F3 and replaces F3 in the schedule, then there is no problem with the shipping costs.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1773750)   #11
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah but there will be a problem with motorsport history, when you think Macau, you just think F3.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1773859)   #12
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Yeah but there will be a problem with motorsport history, when you think Macau, you just think F3.
For some reason I think Formula Atlantic.Then I have a longer memory than most here I guess.
I would have thought that most drivers would jump at the chance of racing rather than testing?
Can't think of any other sport or activity where you get a 6 month 'holiday'
Wierd story I read yesterday from New Zealand. Drivers entered in the European Formula Renault series are not allowed to do any other driving during the 6 month winter so cannot take part in NZ Toyota Racing Series.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1773881)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Would there possibly be problem with turning circle of the GP2 car steering at Lisboa hairpin?

I seem to remember this cropping up as a hindrance for organising certain categories of racing there in the past?
Old 24 Nov 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1773993)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso de Orleans
Talking about a beach, what are doing with a Spanish flag as your national flag
my next stop on the bella world tour is valencia this weekend

personally i think motorsport needs a winter break. it's only with the advent of satellite tv that people begin to miss it, and expect it to be around. if you were to limit the off-season (racing) to say, 3 months in europe, you're into really cold weather in northern europe and meaning that team personnel don't get time to take a holiday, there isn't any time to build a new car if one is needed, test appropriately and find drivers.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1774012)   #15
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 at Macau is unsuitable for a number of reasons.

Is it definate that GP2 will have a race, separate from the F1 calendar again this year? Or don't we know yet?
Old 24 Nov 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1774030)   #16
tweak
Rookie

tweak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-1
GP2 at Macau is unsuitable for a number of reasons.

Is it definate that GP2 will have a race, separate from the F1 calendar again this year? Or don't we know yet?
A Valencia 'stand alone' is still a strong possibility, and Bahrain will be the first race with F1.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1774036)   #17
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Near the Jerez race track, Spain
Alfonso de Orleans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have been told that we will have the last race in Valencia, but need the date confirmed. I think that's a nice idea, especially if you have an end of year party and award ceramony.

As for Bella, I think she is a bit early for that last race of 2007
Old 24 Nov 2006, 13:46 (Ref:1774069)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think it's good for the series to be on it's own for the finale, it's a great way for the actual real life fans of gp2 to see the climax of the championship and so forth, and from a local and international press point of view, it's not outshone by f1, and it can get some proper coverage. (you'd think anyway)
Old 24 Nov 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1774096)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's much better for the stand-alone event to be at the end of the year when, as Alfonso says, it can be combined with an end-of-season party and awards ceremony.

The idea of GP2 replacing F3 at Macau will simply never happen, sorry. Anyway I don't think it's a good idea for the reasons already mentioned.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1774115)   #20
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that they have at least two non-F1 races so that would make at least 11-race weekend calendar. Or is it confirmed that they will race in Bahrain with F1. If so, then one non-F1 would be enough.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1774122)   #21
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
... it can be combined with an end-of-season party and awards ceremony.
Yeap, just like this year's event in the city of arts and science. That was mega
Old 24 Nov 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1774139)   #22
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak
Bahrain will be the first race with F1.
That's a pity.The world's most boring race circuit?Just been watching Australian Supercars. I doubt if there were more than a few dozen spectators on the premises
A city centre final round would be good.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1774143)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
That's a pity.The world's most boring race circuit?
you've never been to snetterton?
Old 24 Nov 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1774188)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
It's much better for the stand-alone event to be at the end of the year when, as Alfonso says, it can be combined with an end-of-season party and awards ceremony.

The idea of GP2 replacing F3 at Macau will simply never happen, sorry. Anyway I don't think it's a good idea for the reasons already mentioned.
F3000/GP2 replaced Monaco F3 race since 1998. Okay, at Pau expenses...
Old 24 Nov 2006, 16:49 (Ref:1774190)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu
I hope that they have at least two non-F1 races so that would make at least 11-race weekend calendar. Or is it confirmed that they will race in Bahrain with F1. If so, then one non-F1 would be enough.
I hope a 12-race weekend calendar as it was in 2005. They could use 10 venues with F1 (Bahrain and all European races) and two non-F1 events (Like Valencia and, why not, Estoril or Zandvoort).