Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 May 2007, 09:23 (Ref:1908837)   #1
lucypumablue
Rookie

England
(Not-so) Sunny Sussex
lucypumablue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood FOS guest ticket for Friday?

Very cheeky I know - and highly unlikely at this stage, but ....
does anyone have a guest ticket for the FOS Friday that they aren't using?

Thanks all
Lucy
Old 8 May 2007, 09:51 (Ref:1908853)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Lucy, the Daily Telegraph often have an offer for a free ticket on the Friday if you get stuck.
Old 13 May 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1912391)   #3
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guest tickets? Do you have to ask for them or do they just appear? Is it like a guest pass in North America, a general admission ticket? And are they only for Friday?

keke
Old 13 May 2007, 16:03 (Ref:1912397)   #4
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke
Guest tickets? Do you have to ask for them or do they just appear? Is it like a guest pass in North America, a general admission ticket? And are they only for Friday?

keke

Everyone who is accepted to marshal is issued a ticket for themsleves and one for their partner for each day they marshal
Old 13 May 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1912447)   #5
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, so if I don't have a "partner" who isn't marshalling, may I give the guest ticket to a friend? They would not be staying over, just attending the event.

Thanks,
keke
Old 13 May 2007, 18:31 (Ref:1912507)   #6
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Okay, so if I don't have a "partner" who isn't marshalling, may I give the guest ticket to a friend? They would not be staying over, just attending the event.

Thanks,
keke

I believe that is permitted yes...

It is not however to be sold ......Not saying you're selling you understand
Old 13 May 2007, 19:29 (Ref:1912553)   #7
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
I believe that is permitted yes...

It is not however to be sold ......Not saying you're selling you understand
I don't know Keke, - coming all the way to Europe, to marshal some 'vintage' event, rather than coming to see old 'turn' colleagues at Rockingham - tut tut
PS Have a great event - but don't let Bob direct you to your marshal post, he sent us to the only 'unused' box at Mallory today
Old 14 May 2007, 04:00 (Ref:1912778)   #8
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
Hey, I have to do FoS. My dad would pout for weeks if I didn't bring him something from Goodwood to show his vintage racing buddies. I'd try to substitute but the only Rockingham he knows is the one you guys say we pronounce incorrectly! One of these days, deadsquirrel, I'll come up and play in your back yard, I promise.

BTW, I won't be working with Bob, I suspect. So those of you on the hill, keep an eye out for a lost-looking Canadian first thing in the morning on Friday.

And re the guest ticket, it really would be for a friend. Would an additional ticket for a child (10 yrs old) be available for purchase at the gate, do you think?

keke
Old 14 May 2007, 07:15 (Ref:1912854)   #9
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Hey, I have to do FoS. My dad would pout for weeks if I didn't bring him something from Goodwood to show his vintage racing buddies. I'd try to substitute but the only Rockingham he knows is the one you guys say we pronounce incorrectly! One of these days, deadsquirrel, I'll come up and play in your back yard, I promise.

BTW, I won't be working with Bob, I suspect. So those of you on the hill, keep an eye out for a lost-looking Canadian first thing in the morning on Friday.

And re the guest ticket, it really would be for a friend. Would an additional ticket for a child (10 yrs old) be available for purchase at the gate, do you think?

keke

A child of 10 would get free entry..

I usually marshal the FoS and I take my wife and 2 kids......They both get free entry...

Camping is at the top of the hill with busses to sign on every morning for marshals..

Have a wonderful time.....
Old 14 May 2007, 07:23 (Ref:1912861)   #10
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
So those of you on the hill, keep an eye out for a lost-looking Canadian first thing in the morning on Friday.

keke

Feel free to say hi to the harrassed looking chap handing out marshals radios at sign on.

That'll be me.
Old 15 May 2007, 05:43 (Ref:1913634)   #11
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
Feel free to say hi to the harrassed looking chap handing out marshals radios at sign on.

That'll be me.
Come on Dude, I thought you'd stopped approaching strangers with strange requests, and mentioning that 'harrassment' word again, I thought the court case settled all that

Keke, you SHOULD be ok talking to Rescue Dude, just be careful of any sudden movements when you're near him and NEVER approach with food - you're liable to lose a limb.
Old 15 May 2007, 07:22 (Ref:1913662)   #12
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel
Keke, you SHOULD be ok talking to Rescue Dude, just be careful of any sudden movements when you're near him and NEVER approach with food - you're liable to lose a limb.

Chocolate cake or jammy doughnuts especially.
Old 15 May 2007, 07:46 (Ref:1913672)   #13
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
Chocolate cake or jammy doughnuts especially.

Or rice crispie cakes or pineapple cakes or bannana cakes ......

The list is endless
Old 15 May 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1913974)   #14
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
They have doughnuts in England? This is good news. By the time I get home from Le Mans I'm in serious withdrawal -- check out "Tim Hortons" on Wikipedia and get a sense of how culturally important doughnuts are in Canada.

keke
Old 15 May 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1914088)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unfortunately these days we only seem to have donuts, not doughnuts. I imagine the quality drops in line with the spelling.
Old 15 May 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1914243)   #16
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and donuts only come in two flavours, jam or apple custard. Except you can sometimes get a pigmy ring sugar.

ah wait till I get back to Canada, second stop Tim Hortons (first stop pick up hire car
Old 16 May 2007, 03:26 (Ref:1914367)   #17
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iced Apple Doughnut, The King of doughnuts. Watch out for the Goodwood Taliban armed with water pistols, normally posted on "Flint Wall" anything that isn't a race car is fair game (well as far as we were concerned it was anyway).
Old 16 May 2007, 06:37 (Ref:1914412)   #18
rescue dude
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccooke
Iced Apple Doughnut, The King of doughnuts. Watch out for the Goodwood Taliban armed with water pistols, normally posted on "Flint Wall" anything that isn't a race car is fair game (well as far as we were concerned it was anyway).

You lot by the wall always make me laugh.

Especially when you attack Shrek's car.
Old 18 May 2007, 20:48 (Ref:1916279)   #19
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My first FOS. Would a very large crate of Stella be of interest? You'll have to get yer own doughnuts
Phil