Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Oct 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2313738)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gran Turismo Racing Series - Reborn?

Hey guys, I know it's been a while and a few new fun competitions have popped up, but I just thought I'd let you know where I'm standing at the moment.

I finish school next week. After that I have my final exams, which are pretty important and I need to concentrate on them. However, by the end of November I will be done with all that, so I'm seeing how many of you out there are still interested in this series. I'm ready to bring it back for a December 1 start if that what everyone really wants, so let me know how interested you all are.

I had fun running the previous three seasons, and hopefully enough of you will be interested enough to compete again.

Cheers,
Chatters
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 Oct 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2314678)   #2
Grandprix
Rookie

Grandprix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I'd be up for a fight just to get into the points every round again.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 13:54 (Ref:2314729)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Yeah why not.

I haven't really played any console games since the end of the last series, I'm up for another lesson in how bad I am at this game though

No rally stages though!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2318590)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gotta be honest about GT5

A friend who doesnt play racing games gave me his copy of Prologue and I ahve ben playing it for a few days now and sadly, Polyphony are up to their old tricks here.

Instead of making the game more playable with modifications and damage and things like that, all they do is force you to do teh same things a million times over in roder to win money to allow you to buy the only car left you need to complete the game!

I have got to the last part of the game now and have 200k in the bank, I ahve no cars to sell as I was buying and selling through the game to keep cash flow up.

Now I am faced with the insanely badly and lazily programmed task of racing the same three races over and over again to try and get enough money togethe to buy the half million quid F40 to do one race in!!

They started it all with teh insane 25 hour 6 car races in Gt4 and sadly it seems this is Polyphonys way of extending gameplay rather than comin up with new and interesting methods of increasing game play.

Utter laziness and proof if it were needed that GT is now sadly outclassed by many other titles.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2318863)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Is the AI any better or do the other drivers still blindly drive into you if you have the line? Also - what are the grid sizes like?
Old 23 Oct 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2319082)   #6
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the original topic , afraid I won't be around for this one (on the assumption it's still being run in GT4 and not 5 Prologue) - the PS2 is now gathering dust in a corner.

On GT5, I'm still enjoying it, just got round to finishing the final race so I now have my F2007 . Bert - the AI isn't as bad as in 4, but it's still not the best. Grid sizes are up to 16 cars.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2319230)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Gotta be honest about GT5

A friend who doesnt play racing games gave me his copy of Prologue and I ahve ben playing it for a few days now and sadly, Polyphony are up to their old tricks here.

Instead of making the game more playable with modifications and damage and things like that, all they do is force you to do teh same things a million times over in roder to win money to allow you to buy the only car left you need to complete the game!

I have got to the last part of the game now and have 200k in the bank, I ahve no cars to sell as I was buying and selling through the game to keep cash flow up.

Now I am faced with the insanely badly and lazily programmed task of racing the same three races over and over again to try and get enough money togethe to buy the half million quid F40 to do one race in!!

They started it all with teh insane 25 hour 6 car races in Gt4 and sadly it seems this is Polyphonys way of extending gameplay rather than comin up with new and interesting methods of increasing game play.

Utter laziness and proof if it were needed that GT is now sadly outclassed by many other titles.
Just download a game save from GTP with every car and 2m credits.

The driving model is sublime, the AI's good if not brilliant, now all everyone is waiting for is the big Autum update which is rumoured to include damage.

PS a wheel and sim/pro options need to be selected for the full sim experience.

Oh, and the F40 is crap until you race offline/online, then you can set-up the car and add power, reduce weight.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2319663)   #8
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if its for gt4, then count me back in. not great times but addictive game to play
Old 25 Oct 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2320793)   #9
surrealillusion
Racer

United Kingdom
Next to my shadow
surrealillusion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be up for this on GT4

Be nice to get the game back out to have a blast on.

And no rally stages this time

Surreal Illusions Motorsport Photography
Old 26 Oct 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2321389)   #10
hitchcockm00
Racer

England
Exeter
hitchcockm00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be up for this as well if it's GT4.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2328424)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will definately be GT4- I'm not at the stage of having enough money to even dream about buying a PS3!!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 10 Nov 2008, 22:09 (Ref:2332747)   #12
TIMELORD
Racer

England
TIMELORD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be interested too.
Old 12 Nov 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2333726)   #13
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be interested too but won't promise anything much right now.
Old 1 Jan 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2363691)   #14
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing this idea has stalled..?
Old 2 Jan 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2364021)   #15
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Well, you could just be the kick-start this thread needed. If you'd like to enter the new GTRS, please PM me and let me know you're interested. If I get, say, 5-10 entries I'll start it up again.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2364468)   #16
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Two entries, thus far...
Old 7 Jan 2009, 04:41 (Ref:2366794)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Two entries, thus far...
I'd be happy to make it three if someone can explain to a technophobe like me how to race a PS2 online.
Old 7 Jan 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2366813)   #18
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
The simple thing about this series David is that you don't race together online (GT4 doesn't even have online play). For each round, you usually have a week to finish the race in your own time (everyone doesn't have to do the race at the same time) and you PM me your time for the race. Whoever is the fastest wins! So, including your entry, that takes the total to 5. Guess that means we have a series! I'll be back with a separate thread and rules shortly.