Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Mar 2003, 20:40 (Ref:533156)   #1
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say, I do admire Schumacher...

I mean, he's won just about all there is to win, he's been at it for years, he's secured his family's financial future, for what, the next six hundred years, but he still makes that maximum effort.

He had a long, full chat battle with a new pretender. He's been run off the track, and he's gone off of his own violition as well. His cars damaged, there's bits falling off it. It can't be handling as it should, he's dropped down to fourth place, but still, he's absolutly going for it. Never giving up. Total commitment.

I remember one race some years back, when he was at Benneton. He had a problem with his car and had to make an unscheduled stop. It was a lengthy one, and I recall it involved a lap-top being plugged in to the car. But the there was no histrionics, no banging of the steering wheel, no shaking his head then throwing it off the track on the first corner.

He blasted back out into the action and finished fifth. I said to myself, THAT is how you win championships.

I'm not a great fan, I don't like all of his ethics, but credit where it's due, the man is unique, and I do admire him for it.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 20:56 (Ref:533166)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel the same way. I think he is a great driver. I think he positions himself to win on the track and within a team better than probably anyone that has come before him. I have a ton of respect for him as a racer. I just don't like the idea he has that he should be the focus of the team at the expense of everyone else in the team.
Never forget #99
Old 11 Mar 2003, 21:42 (Ref:533207)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Most of you are well aware of my feelings for this guys persona, and also my respect of his ability as a driver. I was quite amazed at his ability to fight on with bits and pieces dangling from his car. I thought he was trying to overtake at one point. This fellow is a good driver, make no mistake.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 21:46 (Ref:533211)   #4
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has truly earned himself an entire chapter in the historybook of Formula 1. I count myself lucky to be in the position to witness it all this far.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 21:47 (Ref:533215)   #5
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, he has vast reserves of stamina and will power, but like others in this thread, I'm not a worshipper- some of his ethics leave me cold.

You do have to respect him though.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 12 Mar 2003, 01:14 (Ref:533415)   #6
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He sure is a great driver, i respect what he has achived. But don't always respect the way he has achived it.
Some of his and the teams *cough* "tactics" are more than questionable.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 14:06 (Ref:533817)   #7
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very much the same. His early career left me with a bad taste and there's still traces of it in him I'm afraid. I really feel for Barrichello in particular but then, I think Barrichello wouldn't be as good as he is if it weren't for Schuey. And I do think RB is very quick, top quarter these days. He's come a good way.

But beyond question is Schuey's adaptability and I think that's possibly one of the biggest reasons Ferrari's not immediately worried by the loss of TC and driver aids. Schumacher will drive around a problem. He's got that ability that has made Gilles (in particular) and some others legends.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 14:38 (Ref:533841)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Schumacher who ??????

Ooohhhh..... TGF !!!!!
Old 12 Mar 2003, 14:54 (Ref:533851)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Total Belief and the talent to back it up. Devastating.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 15:55 (Ref:533926)   #10
Vw gti 16v
Racer

Vw gti 16v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he is a good driver but he does tend to cheat to get his own way like he maderuben pull back last year that was disgraceful
Old 12 Mar 2003, 17:57 (Ref:534071)   #11
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is an excellent driver, there's no denying that. Definitely one of the top six in F1.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 18:22 (Ref:534089)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Total Belief and the talent to back it up. Devastating.
It sounds like you're talking about a SAINT...

but it does suit for a DEMON too.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 18:34 (Ref:534097)   #13
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Vw gti 16v
he is a good driver but he does tend to cheat to get his own way like he maderuben pull back last year that was disgraceful
Teamdecision. Get your facts straight.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 19:43 (Ref:534167)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Vw gti 16v
Team decision, yep.
And not entirely Ferrari's fault.
Rubens has partial blame as well, you know...
Old 12 Mar 2003, 20:09 (Ref:534187)   #15
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, Michael's not the only one to blame. It would, of course, be better if Michael's team-mates were given a better crack at the whip, but you can understand why Ferrari rate him. When he joined them, they'd only won 2 GPs in 5 seasons!

It's probably also fair to say that Shuey would beat Rubens (and the others) in equal equipment MOST of the time, especially in tricky conditions or on a decent track (Spa was the track where he really pummelled Rubens last year).
Old 13 Mar 2003, 06:11 (Ref:534758)   #16
mortda
Rookie

mortda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would have been interesting to have Shue and the late R Peterson running against each other in two identical cars with out all todays hitech handling systems especially in wet conditions
Old 13 Mar 2003, 10:19 (Ref:534867)   #17
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am one of Michael's biggest fans and he's great because he never gives up. That race for Benetton was Canada 95 and he managed to get out of the pits and set the fastest lap and get fifth. In Australia when the bargeboard was hanging loose he was actually EXTENDING his lead. If you saw the ITV clock the lead was actually going up before he got the flag to come in and with the bargeboards off he was still able to stay close to JPM and Kimi.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 10:21 (Ref:534871)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's pretty good.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 11:06 (Ref:534889)   #19
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
He's pretty good.
I know you almost choked on that, but thanks for the essay mate
Old 13 Mar 2003, 13:13 (Ref:535006)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by mortda
It would have been interesting to have Shue and the late R Peterson running against each other in two identical cars with out all todays hitech handling systems especially in wet conditions
It's a dream world, but, my oh my, Ronnie would smash TGF !!!!
Old 13 Mar 2003, 13:32 (Ref:535032)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I respect your right to say it heebeegeetee.

That's about as far as it goes for me.