Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 13 Jun 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1633406)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who will be where riding an 800 in 07?

who do you think will be shown the door and who will step up and who will just change bikes.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 15:52 (Ref:1633619)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i don't see much changes in the line-ups . now that the young guns from 250 are already established ..

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Jun 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1633775)   #3
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think it'll be much the same as this year. Maybe those riders on the D'Antin bikes could change. If the proposed BMW and Ilien projects come to fruition, then Max Biaggi is rumoured to be back with Ilien. BMW....no words yet. Perhaps Checa as Sito Pons has been rumoured to be involved with them.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1636694)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the guys with their rides on the line, due to age as much as anything, are Colin Edwards, Carlos Checa, and Sete Gibernau. I don't think any of them will go yet though. I hope Edwards can get a podium on pace soon, maybe even win at Laguna?

The only guys from 250cc who are bubbling up are Jorge Lorenzo and perhaps Andrea Dovizioso. I think perhaps Lorenzo will be the one to move up while the Dove will either defend his 250cc title or claim his first (if Lorenzo ends up taking the 250cc title).

Maybe even Ant West could get a go too but he doesn't do himself any favours when he opens his mouth I think... He comes across very cocky and a tad rude. He can ride though! Especially in the wet. There's being bull****-free and there's arrogant and rude. Maybe it's just the way he comes across but no team wants a rider who is going to slag off their bike publically. That's quite obvious!

Last edited by Hazza; 18 Jun 2006 at 23:09.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1636698)   #5
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darryl Beatie was just saying on the local telecast that Ant's management is talking with Repsol about replacing Porto for the rest of the year. Apparently he will be told tomorrow one way or the other.

I would love to see Ant at Repsol (or any other works team).
Old 18 Jun 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1636699)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
It would be great to see him on top equipment without doubt. Time to let his riding do the talking.

How good was that Porto bike though? Was it Porto who was crap or the bike? It'd be a shame to be on the HRC bike when it's rubbish...

Anyway, it'll be better than the bike he's on now! Maybe West's management can tell him to zip it a bit. He could really be on to something if he scores the ride. I hear the HRC MotoGP team are not too bad either.
Old 18 Jun 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1636843)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agree with David about the guys on the line, but disagree about Checa, he has been brillant for me this year, so muc=h quicker than Ellison and also putting the pressure on the slower Mich/Bridge bikes. He clearly still has the fever!
Edwards I think is on borrowed time, just not quick enough and Sete might now have a bit of doubt after that crash. And what of Loris, he aint no spring chicken anymore, they are both oldish!

For me though I think Ellison will go, and Tamada maybe ot be replaced by Dovi or Lorenzo. Praps Lorenzo to Fortuna and Elias somewhere else? Not sure really.
Humangest may try and get Dopvi themselves, they seem a well sorted team with loads money
Old 21 Jun 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1638243)   #8
L34
Rookie

Australia
North Western Sydney, NSW, Australia
L34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this will be the last year we see Colin Edwards in GP. Back to WSBK next year I think.

Even though Tamada is in a single bike team, Stoner who is also in a single bike Honda team has out performed him. I understand that a few Pons engineers have moved across to LCR, but Tamada/Konica have been racing as a team for 3 years now and you would expect them to still be in front of LCR and Stoner.

I would love to see Dovi in GP next year, Lorenzo is another spoilt little princess like Pedrosa IMO.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1638280)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by L34
I think this will be the last year we see Colin Edwards in GP. Back to WSBK next year I think.

Even though Tamada is in a single bike team, Stoner who is also in a single bike Honda team has out performed him. I understand that a few Pons engineers have moved across to LCR, but Tamada/Konica have been racing as a team for 3 years now and you would expect them to still be in front of LCR and Stoner.

I would love to see Dovi in GP next year, Lorenzo is another spoilt little princess like Pedrosa IMO.
IIRC I belive the Edwards is under contract to the Ducati WSBK team, if he returns it might end up being with them. Bayliss + Edwards. Mofo superteam or what?

Tamada? Don't rate him at all, either the team is ******** or it's him.

And Lorenzo would be great, just because he's a wild mofo.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1638287)   #10
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lorenzo is indeeed a wild Mofo, and a spoilt princess.

Since Biaggi has gone we need some more Baddies! Pedrosa is a baddie for me, even if he might actually be a nice guy behind the mask but he's quick and a threat to Rossi and he's a bit arrogant so he fits the bill. Lorenzo will be (I hope) a real cat among the pigeons. Fireworks! I want fireworks...

Capirossi is another oldie but he's still hot **** so he stays for a while yet.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1638891)   #11
L34
Rookie

Australia
North Western Sydney, NSW, Australia
L34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
IIRC I belive the Edwards is under contract to the Ducati WSBK team, if he returns it might end up being with them. Bayliss + Edwards. Mofo superteam or what?

Was that deal done at the end of the 2002 season when Bayliss was heading to MotoGP and Colin Edwards was sticking put in WSBK, well until he got the ride on the Aprilla RS3.

I wonder if that deal still stands with Troy looking the goods and the local lad Lanzi.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1639295)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dont think really ther can be abything left from the Edwards deal in WSB, oter than an agreement maybe that if he does riude he HAS to ride a Ducati! Doesnt necessarily mean a factory bike!

He wroite a column in a mag over here at the time and he basically said that Ducati let him go with their full blessing, though clearly you would never know if there were strings attached!

I do know that the only reason he went to Aprilia was becasue HRC messed him about with bikes and tyres, he was on a Castrol bike on Bridgeys, the a Pons bike, then somehting lese and he basically had enough and settled for Priller, before at the last minute Honda came back again with the deal he wanted!! Too much too late!
Old 23 Jun 2006, 07:46 (Ref:1639568)   #13
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't know if Colin goes... His problem is Rossi. Everytime Edwards shows up at the racetrack he gets smacked over the head by Vale.

I also don't see anybody out there who is good enough to replace him. In 250 you got Lorenzo en Dovi who might be capable of making the step to MotoGP, but surely they will not go straight into the works Yamaha team. Apart from that, I also think Vale will have something to say about who his teammate will be.

I know Tamada hasn't done much since his switch to Michelin, but it is hard to see him go, as he is Honda's baby. If he is replaced, for sure it will be by another Japanese rider.

In the end I don't see why most teams would want to change their riders, as they all have completely new bikes that need to be developed.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1640071)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Tamada isnt really Honda;s baby, if he was he would be riding a Repsol bike like Okada and Ukawa did. He doesnt get special treatment at all.

He won races on Bridgeys and then Luca;s team were told they couldnt use them in 2005, some political thing between Michelin and Honda. Probly also why there are no factory teams in WSB and BSB team uses Michelin tyres!
Old 25 Jun 2006, 05:45 (Ref:1640650)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny you say that about WSB and factory teams, it has been mentioned elsewhere that Tamada and the Konica Minolta may be headed to WSB next year as Honda's official team.