Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jun 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1003895)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nurburgring 1000k LMES

Entry list here:-

http://www.lmsr.net/nurbentry.html

Pescarolo are entered!

General Info

http://www.lmsr.net/lmesnurbrep.html
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:00 (Ref:1003914)   #2
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YEAH, but no Taurus, Spinaker, RFH. etc... i didnt expect RFH or Spinaker, but i thought taurus would enter both cars again. Good that Konrad has both cars entered.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:05 (Ref:1003919)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should be a good race, and a great opportunity to see the Le Mans winning crew.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1003924)   #4
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, looks like the Porsche Turbo is homologated for GTS.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1003928)   #5
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the heads up JAG. i'm sure the entry will fluctuate with time but some interesting stuff on the entry:

LMP1:
mainly the same players from Monza. but good to see that pescarolo has one car entered, and that there hasn't been a significant drop-off from monza. dissapointing to see that lister, taurus, and RFH are not entered...

LMP2:
big jump in entries in this class and very good variety, how many of the cars will show up is another story, but good to see that cars are at least being entered.

GTS:
big jump here too with the key entries being the addition of another konrad saleen to compliment the vitaphone entry, as well as the presence of the graham nash saleen and force one viper. should be a good scrap between the saleens and Larbre 550. hopefully the MAC viper has a better outing than monza and the barron conner 575s find some more speed...

GT:
same cast of characters here, good to see that some non-Euro teams will be participating again (Choroq, Racers Group, etc.)
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1003933)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not too concerned about Lister and Taurus, as they are commited to the series. After LM, and Taurus' problems with the Diesal and gearboxes I could understand them missing this event.

Interesting to see the works Luchinni 'Judd'. I don't think this is the new car that is currently being built however. Nice too see lots of other SR2 cars arriving.

Nice to see 3 TVRs in GT.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1003955)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
A fairly strong entry list, and should be a good race. The Kaufmann Porsche will be of interest. Has this run elsewhere before? Does it have a snowballs chance in hades of being competitive?

Last edited by Fogelhund; 14 Jun 2004 at 19:51.
Old 14 Jun 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1004040)   #8
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is an LM675/LMP2? Is this the new car, or a revised version of the old car?

No :32 LUCCHINI ENGINEERING (I) Pier Giuseppe Peroni (I) / Mirco Savoldi (I) / Filippo Franconi (I) / LM P2 - LUCCHINI - XV LMP2/675 - JUDD
Old 14 Jun 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1004080)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice list with a lot of variety!!!!

Looking forward to this one....

The most interesting aspect....Nurburgring is better suited to set-ups than horsepower advantages....

Can you say Zytek & Pesca vs. Audi????

Ought to be great!!!!!

Also engouraging is the list and variety of LMP2s...welcome back, Rennsport (missing from FIA-SCC last year) and also Lucchini...

Especially the Factory car with a Judd!!!!

Does anyone know if it is a hybrid???

Or is it the purpose-built 2004 specs car long rumored to be in the works????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 Jun 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1004131)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
DSC reported a few months back that the Luchinni LMP2 is currently being built, and would be out for the last 2 LMES events at the earliest.

I would guess this car is last years LMP675/SR2 car with a new Judd engine. As it is not a grandfathered carbon chassis car, like the MG/Zytek, it can race in LMP2 along with the Lola B2K/40.

It is great to see so many former SR2 cars running in LMP2. With the fragility of the quicker Courage it is a great opportunity for these cars to get some good results.

Even if they cannot compete with the Courages on out and out pace, they can have a great race, in a high profile event, amongst themselves. Certainly beats competing in the FIA SCC, or having the car parked up in a garage.

Can't wait to see the Porsche Turbo. Hopefully mistakes from past attempts will have been learned and the car can show some of the pace of the Nurburgring 24 Hours cars!

Last edited by JAG; 14 Jun 2004 at 22:51.
Old 15 Jun 2004, 00:19 (Ref:1004192)   #11
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be great to get this kind of diversified entry in the ALMS
Old 15 Jun 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1004793)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dretceterini
Would be great to get this kind of diversified entry in the ALMS

I couldn't agree with you more....the LMP2 class for ALMS thus far looks like the "Lola B2K/40" class....

But also, keep in mind that privateer teams will buy a used chassis that is available in their part of the world so that they can go see it and rive its, ect., without paying an arm and a leg to get there...

I'm not aware of any Lucchinis, Tampollis, Rapiers, or other makes that are over hee in Northa America...

Old 17 Jun 2004, 06:40 (Ref:1006483)   #13
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vin and I have planned to visit the race and shoot some pics. Can someone point me to some site with maps of the area, campings, etc?

Maybe I have one or two places available in my car, if any of the Dutch guys want to join us feel free to drop a PM.

TIA!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 08:11 (Ref:1006553)   #14
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi should not be surprised to play second fiddle at the ring.
Reference to the Zytek entry ,Andy Wallace can surely not be at two places at once,and as he is commited to Dyson and the ALMS it will be Brabs and Johansson at the ring....reminds me of a race at the ring where a David Brabham and one Jan Magnussen drove circles around the audisin a black car.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1006884)   #15
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally posted by marcush.
Audi should not be surprised to play second fiddle at the ring.
Reference to the Zytek entry ,Andy Wallace can surely not be at two places at once,and as he is commited to Dyson and the ALMS it will be Brabs and Johansson at the ring....reminds me of a race at the ring where a David Brabham and one Jan Magnussen drove circles around the audisin a black car.

I saw Andy Wallace listed, too, and thought the same thing, marcush.

Andy will be at Lime Rock....bet on it....he's driving as Chris Dyson's teammate, and Dyson's operation is based in Connecticut, not far from Lime Rock, where the ALMS will be racing thiat week...

They want to win one in their own backyard, and Lime Rock will be ideally suited to the MG-Lola....

Old 17 Jun 2004, 13:53 (Ref:1006950)   #16
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
I saw Andy Wallace listed, too, and thought the same thing, marcush.

Andy will be at Lime Rock....bet on it....he's driving as Chris Dyson's teammate, and Dyson's operation is based in Connecticut, not far from Lime Rock, where the ALMS will be racing thiat week...

They want to win one in their own backyard, and Lime Rock will be ideally suited to the MG-Lola....
Mmm, Andy was never listed as a driver in the first place if I recall. LMSR must have made a typo somewhere. The right (and official) preliminary entry list can be found here <link>

I'm *very* curious how the Porsche will do in the *GTS* class!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:35 (Ref:1007308)   #17
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brabs, also bizzy?
(http://www.planetlemans.com/index.ph...d=288&Itemid=2)
Old 17 Jun 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1007312)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Remember Brabs will not be there either he is also at Lime Rock with the Krohn-Barbour Murcielago.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 20:05 (Ref:1007328)   #19
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So who WILL drive the Zytek? Johansson and Shimoda?
Old 17 Jun 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1007334)   #20
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, and jan magnussen, according to planetlemans.com
Old 21 Jun 2004, 09:46 (Ref:1010510)   #21
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
BTW: Did anyone notice that Nasamax has "Nasamax DM - MG X Power" listed as their entered car (???). I found a couple of typos in the official doc but a Nasamax DM - MG X Power must be completely wrong. On the LMES site there is even a different listing: "LMP1 - Nasamax - MG 1"

Did I miss something and has the (pure) Judd been branded as MG?
Old 21 Jun 2004, 13:20 (Ref:1010716)   #22
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
MG did some kind of branding deal with Judd last year, which means that the V10 can be run under the MG name (from memory it originally had something to do with the possible adoption of the Judd engine for Champ Car, but I may have read somewhere that Judd have also done some development work on MG's road car engines)

In fact, I can't think of any example of MG branding being used by a team, except possibly the Clan Des Team Dallara, which displayed MG logos at the LM test day (on the nose of the car as I recall?)

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Nasamax were going to run their Judds under the MG name, but I don't know whether that has actually happened- from memory, I thought most of the photos I've seen of the car so far had Judd logos on the airbox?
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1010974)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
MG did some kind of branding deal with Judd last year, which means that the V10 can be run under the MG name (from memory it originally had something to do with the possible adoption of the Judd engine for Champ Car, but I may have read somewhere that Judd have also done some development work on MG's road car engines)

In fact, I can't think of any example of MG branding being used by a team, except possibly the Clan Des Team Dallara, which displayed MG logos at the LM test day (on the nose of the car as I recall?)

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Nasamax were going to run their Judds under the MG name, but I don't know whether that has actually happened- from memory, I thought most of the photos I've seen of the car so far had Judd logos on the airbox?
That is way I understood thing, I also think that the Nasamax had MG X-Power logo's on the car at Le Mans, I will have to check on that one when I get home.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1011043)   #24
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
That is way I understood thing, I also think that the Nasamax had MG X-Power logo's on the car at Le Mans, I will have to check on that one when I get home.
Just checked -- it did indeed. The engine was not re-branded though.

I must have missed this news bit...
Old 21 Jun 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1011110)   #25
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The whole "badging" thing happened in January of 2003....I kinda joked about how they were going to Identify the different "Judd MG" engines...

MG-8 (3.4 L Judd)

MG-10-4L

MG-10-5L

MG-4

But one thing is sure...it is not consistent....some teams call them MGs and some still call the Judds...