Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 May 2003, 01:57 (Ref:585826)   #1
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rusty on Ambrose/Bright.

From www.russellingall.com

Good to see Rusty see's it the way 66% of fans see it.

Just finished watching on RPM the Ambrose/Bright incident from Phillip Island. I found it very interesting that the phone-in viewers vote was 66% favouring Marcos and that only 8% thought it was a racing incident. After seeing it myself now, I can see how you the viewers came up with that result. I was absolutely stunned on the course of events. Marcos was clearly going into the pits and as Bright admitted on RPM, he knew that Marcos was on slicks and it was raining very hard at that stage so it was quite obvious that Marcos was going into the pits to change tyres. Bright was actually on the grass going up the inside of him and that part of the circuit is probably a good four to five car widths wide so why he was going down the inside I have no idea.

To say Marcos didn’t indicate is an absolute joke as I myself haven’t seen too many cars ever indicate when going into pit lane before and I hardly think that excuse explains not even taking the last turn, and keep ploughing into the side of Marcos until eventually turning him around a good 200 to 300 meters past pit lane. Allegedly Brighty said his steering was bent however he still drove around behind the pace car to finish the race so it couldn’t have been that bad. If that was a racing incident then I think we better go back and re-visit my incident with Murphy at Adelaide because that must have been a racing incident and those few people that gave me grief about it should have a look at both incidents and have a good hard look at themselves.

Even though I haven’t seen it, I have been told that there was also an incident between Skaife and Murphy and I will be very keen to see the footage as a few have told me it was a little bit suspect but Murph seems to have toed the “corporate line” and said it was just one of those things. Geez Murph, you weren’t that obliging with me!
Old 1 May 2003, 02:03 (Ref:585831)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All good fun.... will it be irrelevant when the Symbol group get turfed because they havent complied with the operating rules of their 3 teams?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 May 2003, 06:16 (Ref:585896)   #3
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR,we can only hope that happens then the stewards etc might play fair
Old 1 May 2003, 07:54 (Ref:585946)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Get over it tricky.
Old 1 May 2003, 09:13 (Ref:585986)   #5
Big Trev
Racer

Big Trev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I reckon I have watched the tape about 6 times and I have to agree with Russells interpretation of the events.

If, and i say IF Bright really thought that Ambrose was continuing on the circuit, WHY in the hell did he keep hitting him until he spun around??

I have had another look at the incident in Adelaide, boy these Stewards should get thier Sh!t together
Old 1 May 2003, 10:22 (Ref:586052)   #6
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems to me that the only that all of you will be happy is if HRT, KRT and TB are kicked out of the series. Is that the only way Ford are going to win the championship. I'm sick of hearing all of you Ford fans winging and complaining about this so called symbol. Get over it. By the way I do think that Skaife and Bright should have been penalised for the incidents but I don't think the series will last if this so called symbol is kicked out. It would be like kicking Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton out of the AFL, it just wouldn't survive. So stop complaining and about what happened nearly 3 weeks ago and see what happens this weekend. If the same thing happens again well then you should complain then. Intesting how Russell suddenly can't see past Ford all of a sudden.
Old 1 May 2003, 11:17 (Ref:586093)   #7
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott, even though I'm a Ford fan, I don't want to see HRT, KRT or TB kicked out of the series; it would be a very hollow victory for anyone if they won in a Symbol-less series. But they don't exactly do themselves favours by trying to sell HRT to a company named 'General Motors Australia'. They might be a seperate entity to 'Holden Australia', but still...it just doesn't sound good, does it?. It can't be that difficult to sell a racing team like HRT. Especially when it's Holden that are setting the price. Why can't they do a Wendell-Scott-type deal and sell the team for the tidy sum of a dollar?

Maybe this reply belongs in another thread...
Old 1 May 2003, 21:55 (Ref:586787)   #8
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott,

Interesting how Bright can't see past Holden all of a sudden.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 1 May 2003, 21:59 (Ref:586789)   #9
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with William, I too don't want to see "Symbol" turfed out od the series, but I seriously doubt that the series would die in the arse if they were.

As high profile as they are, there are other Holden teams to battle with Ford, but Ford won't derive the same sense of satisfaction in winning without the "works" team in the game.

The irony is after years of Ford going in less than full strength from the factory, now Holden has the same dramas to contend with.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 2 May 2003, 00:16 (Ref:586875)   #10
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't want to see HRT, KRT or TB kicked out of the series; it would be a very hollow victory for anyone if they won in a Symbol-less series.
i dont think so if they are kicked out it is because they went against the rules aka cheating, no one likes being beaten by a cheater & the team/driver that win will be known as the winner, ask skaife if he thinks it was a hollow victory when he won the series in 94 after cheating for half the season, its funny that after GMS was caught skaife couldnt win untill he went to HRT

or ask the sydney roosters if they think their win in the nrl last year is hollow becausr they didnt play the dogs in the finals after the dogs were kicked out for salary cap breaches
Old 2 May 2003, 00:37 (Ref:586881)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We might discover something in the near future to suggest all is not right on the good ship Symbol... if TEGA has the ticker to do such things
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 May 2003, 00:59 (Ref:586890)   #12
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't agree with Holden owning HRT etc and I think it will be sorted out quite quickly, (it has to be). But we don't know the full story behind it so until it's all out in the open people shouldn't blame whoever until all the facts are known. Just a quick question to everyone regarding data sharing or helping with setups, like what is being said about TB sharing with HRT, I thought there was a bit of this going on with other teams helping each ie 00motorsport and SBR when 00 bought SBR AU racecar, didn't SBR help with data info and the likes. I'm not against it but what is the difference between the 2?
Old 2 May 2003, 01:05 (Ref:586895)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There are a few people we can blame right now, Mr T.Walkinshaw and Mr J.Crennan for building this situation into the nightmare it is in.

The issues are clear
- Holden is not able to own HRT's franchise under the TEGA Teams Agreement
- the car preparation unit of HRT prepares cars for HRT, KRT & PWR, and TEGA alleges that these 3 franchise sets are under common control because of this

Anyone else sharing data has never exceeded the 4 car limit as stipulated by TEGA
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 May 2003, 01:49 (Ref:586907)   #14
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This whole Holden vs Ford thing is stupid. It clouds everything in our sport, and makes it sound immature.

More manufacturers I say.

Until they start winning. Then they'll be banned.
Old 3 May 2003, 21:53 (Ref:588774)   #15
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bright was a halfwit when he drove a Ford & nothing has changed.

Last edited by moffman; 3 May 2003 at 21:54.
Old 3 May 2003, 22:37 (Ref:588786)   #16
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So thats the only defence you Holden fans can find ?
The last thing I want is for these teams to be disqualified.I'd rather we beat them on the track. What we do want is if there is a CLEAR breach of the rules,then action should be taken whether they are a Ford OR a Holden team. One set of rules for all and if you break them the matter is dealt immediately. It sounds simple enough doesn't it ?
I sincerely hope they manage to work this out ASAP and become legal franchises so we can at least TRY to have a series that isn't ruled by the marketing department but by the RULE book.