Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:06 (Ref:948993)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh cruel fate why do you mock?

ITV are about to announce they have F1 coverage until 2010...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:11 (Ref:948999)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
from the press release:
Quote:
Brian Barwick, ITV’s Controller of Sport
We're also proud of the manner in which our broadcasting of the sport has been widely acknowledged as innovative, creative and authoritative.
this would be one of the funniest things I have ever read...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:20 (Ref:949010)   #3
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Brian Barwick, ITV’s Controller of Sport
We're also pleased to confirm that James Allen has renewed his contract until 2010

Okay calm down, I made that one up!

Last edited by Dick Spanner; 23 Apr 2004 at 13:20.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:22 (Ref:949012)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
*picks himslef of the ground*
Don't ever do that again...

Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:25 (Ref:949017)   #5
Tiptop
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Tiptop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a complete joke!!! I think the BBC always had better coverage due to no commercial breaks and no 2 hour build up of drivel! Also why on earth have we got James Allen commentating ? it's obvious no-one really values his opinion and I don't really want to put up with another 6 years of ferrari worship!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:31 (Ref:949026)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
ITV
"have moved televised coverage of F1 forward to a new level."
They are sadly mistaken. That was digital+. But even for free telly they have hardly improved anything. Especially in the quality department.

I know it is a lot better than the Champcar coverage - at least we don't get to look at drivers motor homes during the race, but it could be better (and with little effort).

Last edited by Adam43; 23 Apr 2004 at 13:31.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 14:01 (Ref:949063)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............ ....

ill post my full displeasure once ive calmed down.....
Old 23 Apr 2004, 14:23 (Ref:949089)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shouldn't that be

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(as in GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO somewhere else, anywhere else, just as far away from my telly as possible, you infuriating dullard, you!)
Old 23 Apr 2004, 14:23 (Ref:949091)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
lol

By the way, Double A (ooh a rhyme!), Bernie said that 'moved television coverage of F1 forward to a new level' bit, not ITV.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 23 Apr 2004 at 14:28.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 14:58 (Ref:949115)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least they show every race live, and most of the qualifying sessions - lest we forget that the BBC didn't do that. And we can thank ITV for hiring Martin Brundle, whose incisive witty comment is a joy, and it's not their fault Murray Walker retired (although I'd've preffered Ben Edwards to James Allen)
Old 23 Apr 2004, 15:12 (Ref:949121)   #11
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed boots, lets all think "Ben Edwards", never know might happen....
Old 23 Apr 2004, 15:51 (Ref:949162)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ITV wraps up F1 until 2010

I have just been looking at the Media Guardian's website and I am across this:- http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...201927,00.html

Looks like another 6 years of Mr Allen and Co............
Old 23 Apr 2004, 16:07 (Ref:949177)   #13
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport has the story also.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 17:27 (Ref:949251)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
At least they show every race live, and most of the qualifying sessions - lest we forget that the BBC didn't do that.
True, but when BBC started they hardly showed a race. I think if beeb got it back they'd show it all. It is just how the sport has developed in the last few decades. By the end of the beeb coverage they showed all races live and almost all (if not all) Q sessions live (IIRC).
Quote:
And we can thank ITV for hiring Martin Brundle, whose incisive witty comment is a joy,
He'd already done a couple of races at beeb. I predict he'd have been on beeb coverage. It was so obvious that he should be employed it hurt.
Quote:
and it's not their fault Murray Walker retired (although I'd've preffered Ben Edwards to James Allen)
No it isn't, but Ben is obvious as the replacement. Again it hurts. This time every fortnight!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:25 (Ref:949314)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why doesn't anybody think of poor old Martin Brundle for a change!?
He has to sit right next to the guy and put up with all his nonsense while you people can just switch off the volume!

My thoughts and prayers are with him and i hope that his suffering will not have been in vain.

Let's all have a moment of silence for the unimaginable sacrifices that Martin so unselfishly gives every forthnight...
Old 23 Apr 2004, 18:28 (Ref:949321)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
*bows head and closes eyes in respect*
Old 23 Apr 2004, 20:31 (Ref:949422)   #17
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets get one thing straight none of you lot are stealing Ben Edwards from the BTCC...

I can't comment on the difference between the ITV and BBC coverage - I don't remember particularly much of the BBC's but I certainly reckon ITV do a good job nowadays overall..well apart from Allen!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 21:25 (Ref:949484)   #18
swatty
Rookie

swatty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Five more years of Dullard

Well Bernie has signed to keep F1 on ITV in the UK for another five years.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/20728

This means the Count, Dullard, Loobie Loo, Lenny (Ted) Kravitts until 2010 but at least it will be on all 3 ITV channels which could mean that we get the less mainstream stuff (practice & qually) on ITV 3, the live race on ITV1 and repeats on ITV2 & ITV 3....... well you never know sh*t happens
Old 23 Apr 2004, 21:26 (Ref:949490)   #19
swatty
Rookie

swatty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry all just seen the earlier post, please ignore
Old 23 Apr 2004, 21:30 (Ref:949494)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
that's alright (merged)
Old 23 Apr 2004, 21:40 (Ref:949508)   #21
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least we'd lose the advert breaks if the BBC were running it.

In the back of my mind whilst watching ITV coverage is when next bloomin' advert break is going to disturb the flow of the race.

The actual race footage isn't controlled by ITV anyway, so there wouldn't be any difference there. The pre and post race show would only be different.

I'll go mad if I have to put with JA for another 6 years.. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Spudgun; 23 Apr 2004 at 21:41.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 21:42 (Ref:949511)   #22
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Why doesn't anybody think of poor old Martin Brundle for a change!?
He has to sit right next to the guy and put up with all his nonsense while you people can just switch off the volume!

My thoughts and prayers are with him and i hope that his suffering will not have been in vain.

Let's all have a moment of silence for the unimaginable sacrifices that Martin so unselfishly gives every forthnight...
We should send him a condolence card from the members of Ten-Tenths.
Old 24 Apr 2004, 15:02 (Ref:950175)   #23
GXH
Racer

GXH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats wrong with ITV.. (could be here all day with this 1)

Did anybody see the BBC coverage of the rain soaked London marathon last weekend, it was interactive, you could chose which part of the race you wanted to watch even a highlights screen (sound similar)

So if the BBC can do it with the marathon why can’t ITV use its little red button and give us multi screens 2 choose from, it’s not that hard..
A live screen
A Highlights screen
No commentary screen ( no james allen yahoo)
Different commentary screen ( Ben Edwards maybe ? )
Even a timed delay screen
And of course they could stay with the race even when the main channel has 2 switch over to Coronation Street.

Am I the only one not seeing why ITV can’t do this??

I understand this will only work for digital viewers in the UK but with so many people with sky/cable/freeview etc it’s a hell of a large viewing operation.
As I said if the BBC can do it with a run round the park what is stopping itv when they have millions 2 spend on the program.
Just look at the money they must be saving with there new studio alone
Old 24 Apr 2004, 15:08 (Ref:950180)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The reason why you could do all that stuff with the marathon is because the BBC actually produced the coverage.
FOM produce the F1 coverage, therefore it isn't possible.
Old 24 Apr 2004, 16:45 (Ref:950233)   #25
GXH
Racer

GXH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
The reason why you could do all that stuff with the marathon is because the BBC actually produced the coverage.
FOM produce the F1 coverage, therefore it isn't possible.

but when they do get the feed they can do all that stuff

live video
delayed vid
diff comm. vid
no com. vid

its not hard 2 do once they recieve the live feed from FOM